No announcement yet.

GGG versus James Toney at 160 both prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    Toney would probably need a corrupt decision to beat someone like Geale, since he fought down to his competition.
    Damn this guy has no quit in him

Comment

Originally posted by rr00676 View Post
      Just like Geale would beat him. Get outta here you blind hater
      Blind hater or not, you are absolutely ****** if you think GGG can win this fight on points, and you’re absolutely ****** if you think he’s knocking out Toney, please tell me, what advantage he would have going into this fight.

By the way, Barkley vs GGG would actually be GGG fight depending on GGG being the real deal or not.

Comment

So which is it? Does Toney lose to GGG or Geale? He can't beat both.
        He would beat both.. Only a peak of his prime roy jones was clearly able to defeat toney...

Toney beat nunn, mccallum, Barkley, prince, Sosa, Reggie.. I'm 100% certain that he would beat ggg and geale..

Comment

Toney was proven in that he needed gifts to keep his record intact. Excellent fighter, but please stop acting as if he were untouchable, when it clearly wasn't the case.
          No one said anywhere that toney was untouchable. But like sugar Adam said you don't understand the concept of fighting to the level of your opponent. Toney ate punchers up. Golovkin wasn't finding the mark every time against geale. How do you expect he would be hitting toney easily.

Comment

This dude is putting all those nonsensical Matthyssye fans to shame, he’s trying to prove GGG would beat Toney based on Toney getting a gift decision once in his career.

That there people, is a man who started watching Boxing two years ago.
            Last edited by PurePugilist216; 07-28-2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

160-168 James Toney I consider one of the best fighters of all time.

Its still too early to say what Golovkin will do in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by PurePugilist216 View Post
                This dude is putting all those nonsensical Matthyssye fans to shame, he’s trying to prove GGG would beat Toney based on Toney getting a gift decision once in his career.

That there people, is a man who started watching Boxing two years ago.
                id say 2 years is too much of a compliment. more like 6 months to a year.

the people who voted GGG by KO are simply not boxing fans and should all be banned. i mean that 100%. its disgusting to have people like that on this site. GGG by decision is a stretch but GGG by KO? thats just outrageous

Comment

I like GGG but this fight is all wrong for him.

Comment

Nobody who voted for GGG is willing to defend it? Or they just don't want to admit their favorite fighter would lose?

This fight would go 12. GGG went 10 rounds once against Ouma and from what I remember didn't exactly have an easy go of the fight up to that point.

I'd favor the guy who would know how to fight for 12 rounds. Toney's defense is good enough to slow up his output for the first 8 rounds and keep it close and then run away with it in the last 4 rounds.

Toney by a 8-4, 9-3 type of fight with not much offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      James toney would brutalize ggg...

Golovkin is tailor made for toney.. Ggg would eat so many counters and right hands that he would end up looking like Iran Barkley.. Toney is all wrong for him

I give ggg about zero chance vs a prime toney, and I think ggg gets stopped late..
                      Yep, this describes it just about perfectly. GGG tends to swing his punches, and Toney would come straight up the middle, counter the ****e out of him and just eat the style of offense that GG brings to the table up for dinner.

GGG is Toney's stock in trade. It's not a knock on GGG. Prime Toney was something very special and you really needed a particular combination of physical traits and stylistic traits to beat him, and an aggressive, come forward ****er with decent skills was the furthest from that.

Terrible fight for him. I'm not sure he'd get stopped. GGG looks very tough and seems like he can take a good punch, and he'd certainly have to, because Toney is unknockoutable. GGG would have to take some serious heat and painful leather to get to the end. It'll be interesting to see if GGG ever faces a good counter puncher how he handles it (good, not decent or mediocre. Toney was great) and we could base it more then, but I have no doubt at all, whatsoever, that Toney wins from everything I've seen so far. Really doesn't stand much chance.

If any prick here says GGG wins by KO, literally go kill yourself. Right now. Go kill yourself. You dumb ****s.

Comment

Working...
                      X