Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG versus James Toney at 160 both prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's tough to say because James has had a few bad nights against average fighters like Dave Tibbery at middleweight where James was beaten up badly and got a gift split decision win. You have Dzazi and then I thought Montel Griffin won both fights.

Jirov lasted against Toney and Jirov is a tough fighter too.

I don't know about this one as of now yes Toney but GGG's career isn't over yet he hasn't fought the Canelos, the Chavezes, the Quilins, the Wards and the Froches yet.

Comment

Toney wasn't consistent enough at 160. Got to favor GGG to swarm and punish that body. Lol at the Toney fanboys... he had plenty of trouble against lesser competition.

Comment

Originally posted by PurePugilist216 View Post
        Toney by way of murder, and to those who voted GGG by KO, please start watching another sport.

Unless GGG has more power than Samuel Peters, Evander Holyfield, and Hasim Rahman, then he literally has no chance of winning this fight.
        Wasnt Geale going to kick GGG's ass according to you? LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_of_Sheep View Post
          You talk about this fight like it was easy for Toney.

It was hell for both men.

And Golovkin is a tad better than Jirov and has more concussive power.

Toney would probably win, but it wouldn't be easy.
          how in the hell does golovkin have more power then a hard hitting cruserweight in Jirov? Jirov was a very powerful undefeated cruserweight when toney totally beat the dog crap out of him...........did you just say golovkin (a middleweight) is more powerful then A cruserweight Jirov (who was VERY powerful at cruserweight at that) golovkin wasn't even HALF as powerful as Jirov

golovkin gets himself seriously hurt with toney.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 07-27-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            It's tough to say because James has had a few bad nights against average fighters like Dave Tibbery at middleweight where James was beaten up badly and got a gift split decision win. You have Dzazi and then I thought Montel Griffin won both fights.

Jirov lasted against Toney and Jirov is a tough fighter too.

I don't know about this one as of now yes Toney but GGG's career isn't over yet he hasn't fought the Canelos, the Chavezes, the Quilins, the Wards and the Froches yet.
            Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Toney wasn't consistent enough at 160. Got to favor GGG to swarm and punish that body. Lol at the Toney fanboys... he had plenty of trouble against lesser competition.
            Toney fought to the level of competition. In a big fight vs mccallum or Barkley, toney always showed up big,, vs lesser guys like Tiberi, he would just be lazy..

Ggg would bring out the best in toney.. Toney has the chin and defense to neutralize ggg's attack.. The late rounds toney would carve up a punched out ggg..

Comment

james stands no chance and i know the *****

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                james stands no chance and i know the *****
                Rockin? Is that you?

Comment

I chose decision by Toney but it wouldnt be out of question to say he would stop GGG.

GGG is tailor made for a fighter like Toney....comes forward, aggressive, slower hands and feet...not that hardest to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    how in the hell does golovkin have more power then a hard hitting cruserweight in Jirov? Jirov was a very powerful undefeated cruserweight when toney totally beat the dog crap out of him...........did you just say golovkin (a middleweight) is more powerful then A cruserweight Jirov (who was VERY powerful at cruserweight at that) golovkin wasn't even HALF as powerful as Jirov

golovkin gets himself seriously hurt with toney.
                    Jirov wasn't a big one punch puncher. He was a acumulation puncher type of guy and his body attack was excellent. But he never put guys out like Golovkin did with Ishida (who recently fought at heavyweight and lost a decision).

Given other cruiserweights like Ola, saying that Golovkin hits pretty hard, he must have some power to even cruiserweights respect him.

Jirov also wasn't as accurate or know how to cut the ring as well as Golovkin, he would mostly follow his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                      GGG get's Jirov'd!
                      Originally posted by Killer_of_Sheep View Post
                      You talk about this fight like it was easy for Toney.

It was hell for both men.

And Golovkin is a tad better than Jirov and has more concussive power.

Toney would probably win, but it wouldn't be easy.
                      Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Toney fought to the level of competition. In a big fight vs mccallum or Barkley, toney always showed up big,, vs lesser guys like Tiberi, he would just be lazy..

Ggg would bring out the best in toney.. Toney has the chin and defense to neutralize ggg's attack.. The late rounds toney would carve up a punched out ggg..
                      This is what I meant by, GGG get's Jirov'd!
                      Didn't say anywhere it would be easy!

Comment

Working...
                      X