No announcement yet.

HBO Using Froch Quote to Hype Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Golovkin's significantly smaller than Froch which has to count for something. The exchanges would be great though.

It's difficult to tell the extent to which Golovkin's power would carry to 168, but if he was 80% the puncher he is at 160 he'd still be a tough proposition for Froch. He's controlled and accurate for the most part and he'd have much better balance in those exchanges than Froch would.

he's bonked out a few cruiserweights in sparring, bro. if there's one thing we know about sparring stories, it's that they're true.

Comment

• The Funniest part of this thread, was Dirk's insistence that Froch was tongue and cheek, but got defensive as hell when NE started doing it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

There you go. This was after the Facebook thing. Day before the Groves rematch. He voluntarily mentions GGG as a future opponent.
        No no. Wait a moment.

We can only use his words for gospel when it suits our agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Well I might be mistaken but Ward blows up to 180 ish
          between fights right? Comes to the ring in the 180's. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Froch walks around about 175. He was 172 walking to the ring for the first Groves fight.

Either way the size of them is completely besides the point.

i'd guess that ward is probably close to 200 lbs when he's not training, considering how long his layoffs are. most modern middleweights / smw are going to walk around at 185-195 lbs. i don't believe froch when he says that he walks around so light. i can't prove that, obviously, but i have a hard time believing it. he'd have to run a ton year round, and eat light to keep his weight down, considering that he's the same weight on fight night. he'd have ot take in a ton of extra calories to keep from losing weight when he really starts to train hard and spar, if he's walking around at that weight at rest.

i don't see how you can think size has nothign to do with this. they're in the same division, and froch is the second best SMW in the world. it's a more relevant fight than mayweather - marquez II. the first fight wasn't close, but it wasn't the schooling that mayweather put on marquez. they looked like they ddin't belong in the same ring. froch at least looked like he could hurt ward, and take his punches. marquez had to hook up with a steroid guru to not look like a fat, old man at WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            No no. Wait a moment.

We can only use his words for gospel when it suits our agenda.
            Exactly.Thread should of been ended with everyone agreeing on how pathetic HBO are instead of this 100+ page b.s.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              i'd guess that ward is probably close to 200 lbs when he's not training, considering how long his layoffs are. most modern middleweights / smw are going to walk around at 185-195 lbs. i don't believe froch when he says that he walks around so light. i can't prove that, obviously, but i have a hard time believing it. he'd have to run a ton year round, and eat light to keep his weight down, considering that he's the same weight on fight night. he'd have ot take in a ton of extra calories to keep from losing weight when he really starts to train hard and spar, if he's walking around at that weight at rest.

i don't see how you can think size has nothign to do with this. they're in the same division, and froch is the second best SMW in the world. it's a more relevant fight than mayweather - marquez II. the first fight wasn't close, but it wasn't the schooling that mayweather put on marquez. they looked like they ddin't belong in the same ring. froch at least looked like he could hurt ward, and take his punches. marquez had to hook up with a steroid guru to not look like a fat, old man at WW.
              Andre Ward is quite a big SMW I would say. His body is quite big, and he's surprisingly strong - which comes from the size. Broad shoulders etc. Is Froch taller than Ward?

Froch is much leaner, and at least according to himself, he walks around at 175ish. I heard once that Ward was upwards 190-200 which is quite a lot for a SMW.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

Hard to know but he walked to the ring at 172 for the first Groves fight. I'm pretty sure Ward comes to the ring much heavier than that albeit I'm not 100% on that.

Floyd and Marquez are in the same division but again it's nothing to do with the weight the point I was making is that Marquez said he doesn't want to rematch Floyd, this was at a time where he was universally considered the second best Welter in the world and that's because why would he? He was dominated the first time. Much similar to Ward-Froch 1. Why would he rematch him when he was dominated the first time?

I'm not comparing the fights I'm comparing both Marqeuz and Frochs reasoning for not being keen on those rematches.

Comment

• I agree that Froch probably meant to sound sarcastic. But what is really funny that GGG is a supreme fighter and will be heavy favorite against Froch. Probably that is why many people can`t appreciate Froch attempt at sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho Puncho View Post
                    I agree that Froch probably meant to sound sarcastic. But what is really funny that GGG is a supreme fighter and will be heavy favorite against Froch. Probably that is why many people can`t appreciate Froch attempt at sarcasm.
                    I'm not so sure he'd be the heavy favourite or even the favourite at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho Puncho View Post
                      I agree that Froch probably meant to sound sarcastic. But what is really funny that GGG is a supreme fighter and will be heavy favorite against Froch. Probably that is why many people can`t appreciate Froch attempt at sarcasm.
                      You don't actually believe that, do you?

Comment

Working...
                      X