No announcement yet.

HBO Using Froch Quote to Hype Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    until marquez hooked up with a steroid chemist, he had no business at welterweight.

froch and ward are almost the exact same size.
    They aren't almost the exact same size but size is irrelevant to the point here.

The point I'm making is Ward dominated Froch.
    Why would he rematch him?

Similar to Marquez when he said he didn't want to rematch Floyd just after he KO'd Pacquaio and they were #1 and #2 at Welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Froch is avoiding getting in the ring with Ward at all costs and I find a fight against GGG to be much more dangerous for Froch. Now I'm not saying that GGG is better than Ward but the likelihood of Froch getting badly hurt and/or KO'd is far greater against GGG than Ward.
      It might be more dangerous but he has a better chance at beating Golovkin than he does Ward and would likely get paid more to fight Golovkin aswell.

Froch has stated numerous times he would fight Golovkin.

In all honesty I find it more likely that Golovkin would rather not fight Froch.

Comment

• In my opinion Froch stops Golovkin but Golokin has me convinced he's the real deal at middle weight! If he goes up his power won't have the same impact and he'll get bullied inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          It might be more dangerous but he has a better chance at beating Golovkin than he does Ward and would likely get paid more to fight Golovkin aswell.

Froch has stated numerous times he would fight Golovkin.

In all honesty I find it more likely that Golovkin would rather not fight Froch.
          i wouldnt be surprised

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            They aren't almost the exact same size but size is irrelevant to the point here.

The point I'm making is Ward dominated Froch.
            Why would he rematch him?

Similar to Marquez when he said he didn't want to rematch Floyd just after he KO'd Pacquaio and they were #1 and #2 at Welterweight.

they've both been SMW for years now, and may even finish their careers there. neither cuts an ungodly amount of weight to hit 168. how are they not the same size? froch is taller by an inch or so, and has longer arms. ward has a thicker torso.

who do you think is bigger, by how much is he bigger, and why do you think that way?

Comment

• It must be great to be a Brit. You never have to face the consequences of your words as you can just say you were being ironic.

Comment

• Golovkin will duck Froch, not the other way round.

Comment

they've both been SMW for years now, and may even finish their careers there. neither cuts an ungodly amount of weight to hit 168. how are they not the same size? froch is taller by an inch or so, and has longer arms. ward has a thicker torso.

who do you think is bigger, by how much is he bigger, and why do you think that way?
                  Well I might be mistaken but Ward blows up to 180 ish
                  between fights right? Comes to the ring in the 180's. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Froch walks around about 175. He was 172 walking to the ring for the first Groves fight.

Either way the size of them is completely besides the point.

Comment

infamous swarms?

golovkin really isn't a swarmer. he backs guys up with the jab, and has a technical offense from the middle distance. right hands, left hooks, and uppercuts to the head, and left hooks to the body.

golovkin had 350 amateur fights, and lost five of them. he's not a swarmer. his skills far surpass froch's.

all froch has going for him are height and reach. maybe his chin is more durable, but golovkin looks ot have a very good chin at MW. golovkin hits much, much harder.

the issue will be froch's footspeed. if he doesn't have the power or the handspeed to keep golovkin away, his feet will let him down.

expect a decent fight early on, with the cobra slowing down and taking a career ending beating late.

the fight won't happen. managers and promotors are not ******. fighting golovkin will almost invariably mark a downward trend in your career. if these guys don't have to fight him, they won't.
                    Was talking about Carl Froch actually and think I used swarm in the wrong context but I don't see what technical defensive capabilities GGG has that enable him to evade Froch's offense.

Froch ain't gonna exactly turn defensive master overnight and evade GGGs hooks and straights all night but he will count on his bread and butter which is to break down his opponent with his relentlessness/iron chin and try turn it into a trade-off.

I agreed with you before in that Froch wants no parts of really skilled fighters in Dirrel/Ward but GGG ain't got nothing Froch can't handle.

Comment

• Golovkin's significantly smaller than Froch which has to count for something. The exchanges would be great though.

It's difficult to tell the extent to which Golovkin's power would carry to 168, but if he was 80% the puncher he is at 160 he'd still be a tough proposition for Froch. He's controlled and accurate for the most part and he'd have much better balance in those exchanges than Froch would.

Comment

Working...
                      X