No announcement yet.

Biggest myths in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That boxing is all about " hit and don't be hit"

That's straight rubbish.. Boxing and forms of it has been going on since the beginning of mankind..
    It's 2 dudes throwing down.. It's about punches and punishment, it's a fight..

Guys in the 1800s and 1900s, they fought, they got paid to fight and see who was tougher, but eventually guys discovered that if you ran from the action and made the guy miss, and then hit him with little pecks that don't do any damage, then you could win on points without every really having to fight, and hence why boxing went from the #1 mainstream sport to being a niche sport on par with pro wrestling

Hit and not get hit is not the premise of the sport,, it's too fight,, this ain't some bullsht fencing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Margarito cheated vs Cotto.

Anyone that isn't black that does something great is on PEDs.

Cotto fights everyone.

All the good Heavyweight American are in basketball/football.
      Who hasn't cotto fought?

American heavyweights are in those sports,, you must not be familiar with either sport

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Who hasn't cotto fought?

American heavyweights are in those sports,, you must not be familiar with either sport
        I've already explained it in detail who he has fought and not. He got away with several things.

Sure they are. I'm familar....I've seen lots of crybabies that make a big deal out of a bruise. They don't belong in a sport where you get hit. Like I said, huge myth n butthurt that we/you aren't the dominant flag/race in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
          A recent one is that arm length is a more important measurement than reach.
          Originally posted by Rockin'
          That there are men who could never be knocked out and that size over an opponent is always a huge advantaqe....
          Exactly.

Tell me one guy who never got knocked down once
          That was great

Comment

I've already explained it in detail who he has fought and not. He got away with several things.

Sure they are. I'm familar....I've seen lots of crybabies that make a big deal out of a bruise. They don't belong in a sport where you get hit. Like I said, huge myth n butthurt that we/you aren't the dominant flag/race in that division.
            Go over it again about cotto, I'm not familiar with your views

Your 2nd point doesn't make any sense... Crying about a bruise??? Wtf are you talking about

Comment

Go over it again about cotto, I'm not familiar with your views

Your 2nd point doesn't make any sense... Crying about a bruise??? Wtf are you talking about
              There is a search function.

Exactly that. Just cause they are in football/basketball doesn't mean they would be good in boxing. Specially when they cry too damn much in those sports.

Comment

There is a search function.

Exactly that. Just cause they are in football/basketball doesn't mean they would be good in boxing. Specially when they cry too damn much in those sports.
                Fine dodge the cotto question

For your 2nd point, you must not realize how popularity effects sports within a nation...
                There is a reason why America doesn't produce good crickets players, or why Mexico doesn't produce a lot of mma guys, etc..
                The more popular a sport is, they attract the top athletes within that country.. As boxing has diminished in popularity in America, athletes have gone to more popular sports ie football and basketball, and in the future soccer

Just watch over the next 25 years as soccer becomes more and more popular in America, the US team will become a powerhouse.. You can see the trend already if you compare the US soccer teams for the 50s, 60s, 70s to where they are now and will be in the future.. That sport is growing like crazy in the US, and it will take it's fair share of the top athletes in the country..

Comment

Fine dodge the cotto question

For your 2nd point, you must not realize how popularity effects sports within a nation...
                  There is a reason why America doesn't produce good crickets players, or why Mexico doesn't produce a lot of mma guys, etc..
                  The more popular a sport is, they attract the top athletes within that country.. As boxing has diminished in popularity in America, athletes have gone to more popular sports ie football and basketball, and in the future soccer

Just watch over the next 25 years as soccer becomes more and more popular in America, the US team will become a powerhouse.. You can see the trend already if you compare the US soccer teams for the 50s, 60s, 70s to where they are now and will be in the future.. That sport is growing like crazy in the US, and it will take it's fair share of the top athletes in the country..
                  It's not dodging, I don't have time right now to write about it AGAIN.

Sure they have. While I do agree with the soccer comment, it doesn't justify it. People need to realize that other countries evolve as well. A lot of them have more popular sports than boxing and yet they still chose boxing.

Comment

It's not dodging, I don't have time right now to write about it AGAIN.

Sure they have. While I do agree with the soccer comment, it doesn't justify it. People need to realize that other countries evolve as well. A lot of them have more popular sports than boxing and yet they still chose boxing.
                    America probably has the most to chose from, we have
                    Hockey
                    Mma
                    Boxing
                    Baseball
                    Football
                    Basketball
                    Etc
                    Etc

There is a plethora of sports to chose from, I'm not trying to knock other countries boxing abilities, yes some countries are producing stellar fighters, the US is producing subpar fighters compared to previous eras because boxing as a whole isn't as popular in America as it was 50 years ago

Comment

America probably has the most to chose from, we have
                      Hockey
                      Mma
                      Boxing
                      Baseball
                      Football
                      Basketball
                      Etc
                      Etc

There is a plethora of sports to chose from, I'm not trying to knock other countries boxing abilities, yes some countries are producing stellar fighters, the US is producing subpar fighters compared to previous eras because boxing as a whole isn't as popular in America as it was 50 years ago
                      No they're not. They're just not as dominant anymore so they lose interest in it and blame it on stuff like that...oh they're in other sports. I've seen boxing matches from all eras, I don't see much difference in the abilities of a lot of boxers. America is missing that hype. Once there is a black american with that HW belt, watch how all of a sudden the basketball/football argument will slowly disappear. We Americans love to dominate and pay attention to things we dominate in.

Comment

Working...
                      X