• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    So not Shawn Porter then?

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I'm with Brook for the upset here.
    Frankly I have more questions about Porter than I do Brook.

I expect a more measured approach from Porter early & feel that plays into Brooks hands.
    A lot seem to think Porter is versatile I think he is stuck in an identity crisis and is unsure of his style. Brooks knows himself, Porter doesn't.

Porter gets away with too much against guys incapable of making him pay. Brook will make him pay for those cardinal sins take a half step back and counter him. He'll soon have second ideas about lunging in and being wreckless. He is a bully with limited experience.
    I think it's more a case of Porter being confident enough to change styles from fight to fight. And I think one thing that's the key difference is Brook's belief in himself. He doesn't seem like he's capable of going into the lion's den and do a job there. At least, not from what I've seen; from what i've seen he seems a little insecure.

But I agree that Porter will probably go back to boxing once he's taken one or two telephone pole jabs from Brook and a few stiff right hands.

Comment

Going with Porter in a 10th RD KO

Comment

It's a real interesting matchup in that both fighters have had bouts where they looked like utter **** against limited opposition (Brook against Jones and Porter against Diaz). Poter's win over Malignaggi is probably the most impressive victory out of the two because of the nature of the stoppage, but we're talking apples and oranges here.

I can't decide, just hope for a good fight.

Comment

I had Porter by KO when this fight was announced, now we're getting close I'm leaning more towards a points decision for Porter, and even give Kell a chance.
          Porter isn't going to rip through Brook as he did with Paulie like most on here believe. We're going to find out a lot about both fighters on fight night.
          Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 08-04-2014, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I'm with Brook for the upset here.
            Frankly I have more questions about Porter than I do Brook.

I expect a more measured approach from Porter early & feel that plays into Brooks hands.
            A lot seem to think Porter is versatile I think he is stuck in an identity crisis and is unsure of his style. Brooks knows himself, Porter doesn't.

Porter gets away with too much against guys incapable of making him pay. Brook will make him pay for those cardinal sins take a half step back and counter him. He'll soon have second ideas about lunging in and being wreckless. He is a bully with limited experience.
            Rrrright! So, who are those elite pugilists that Brook beat to suggest that he will be the one to make Porter pay? Senchenko, Robles and Jones aren't exactly the murderer's row that would prepare one for the big time especially at WW.

Porter has limited experience? The irony isn't lost on me.

Comment

It is a win-win fight for me. Not a fan of either, but might lean towards Brook winning because it sets up that mega fight with Khan, however seeing him get shut up and not get there would also be amusing. A great match up nonetheless.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 08-04-2014, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I don't trust Porter to be clean, at all.

Going with Kell regardless. His jab will be key.

Comment

Sparring footage of Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    So not Shawn Porter then?
                    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i had to read it a few times to get it

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                      I got Porter winning this fight on points. I just think he is on a nice streak right now. He is a Champion and he still hungry. I would like to see him vs Thurman I even think he can beat One Time as well.
                      Yeah um, he's on a 4 fight winning streak. Remember he wasn't always super charged Shawn Porter, there were days he was drawing with the likes of Julio Diaz.

Comment

Working...
                      X