Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Shawn Porter-Kell Brook Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter was exposed - I had backed him to win...

Brook really impressed me to be honest - he is strong, technical and very well balanced, a natural boxer.

Porter is athletic but that is about it.

I thought the occasion would get to Brook, I was very wrong.

Khan's face on the TV was a picture last night - he knows now he is not the golden boy of UK boxing (as if he ever was).

Brook seems like a nice guy, so does Porter - despite the fight being low quality it was good to see some intelligent, respectful interviews post fight instead of the usual Khan type call outs and BS.

Well done Kell Brook.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
      Porter was exposed - I had backed him to win...

Brook really impressed me to be honest - he is strong, technical and very well balanced, a natural boxer.

Porter is athletic but that is about it.

I thought the occasion would get to Brook, I was very wrong.

Khan's face on the TV was a picture last night - he knows now he is not the golden boy of UK boxing (as if he ever was).

Brook seems like a nice guy, so does Porter - despite the fight being low quality it was good to see some intelligent, respectful interviews post fight instead of the usual Khan type call outs and BS.

Well done Kell Brook.
      Respectful??? Calling Khan Queen? Yes real mature & respectful right.....

You clearly not from the UK. Outside Sheffield Brook is hardly known

Comment

• I'm happy the Americans got to see Kell on a big card, he used to get a lot of stick for his level of opposition but I knew he had the potential and picked him to beat Porter but credit to Shawn for not going over because he was getting hit pretty flush at times.

I hope the Americans start to respect Kell, we British do produce good boxers and not just 'Euro-bums'. I just hope Porter doesn't suddenly get called overrated to diminish Brook's victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by ma51f View Post
          Respectful??? Calling Khan Queen? Yes real mature & respectful right.....

You clearly not from the UK. Outside Sheffield Brook is hardly known
          Brook is pretty well known here.

Not on the level of Carl Froch, but he was already known and now has a world title. Eddie Hearn will know how to spin that into huge popularity.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            dave parris one of the judges lol. brook already has 1/3 of the fight in the bag

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Brook is pretty well known here.

Not on the level of Carl Froch, but he was already known and now has a world title. Eddie Hearn will know how to spin that into huge popularity.
              No he's not currently.

Yes potentially his stardom will rise but right now outside Sheffield & boxing fans he's hardly known.

Today was his first step to become known to the masses

Comment

• Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                That's his real dad but his mother left him at a young age.

Do you have a link? I thought it was the other way round with his real dad leaving him very young but I may be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  Do you have a link? I thought it was the other way round with his real dad leaving him very young but I may be wrong.
                  That's right.

Said he has no interest in meeting his biological dad because Terry is who he considers his real dad. There was a full segment on it during the 'Behind The Ropes' thing from last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    That's right.

Said he has no interest in meeting his biological dad because Terry is who he considers his real dad. There was a full segment on it during the 'Behind The Ropes' thing from last year.
                    Are you sure? Cause I read an article stating that terry was his real dad and his mother left him at a young age, and terry does look like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                      Are you sure? Cause I read an article stating that terry was his real dad and his mother left him at a young age, and terry does look like him.
                      Positive mate.

I'm sure I've still got it on Sky+. There was a full 15 minute part about his relationship with Terry and how he considers him his real dad despite not being his birth dad.

Comment

Working...
                      X