The Official Shawn Porter-Kell Brook Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Porter said he wanted a rematch..

Could you see Porter's face as he's stepping in with Kell Brook in Sheffield Arena?

Think Kell would stop him if they fought again.
    In Sheffield or the UK with a stronger referee Porter would be stopped no doubt in my mind what so ever.

Comment

• Porter is an arrogant big headed d bag I my opinion.

Throughout the buildup. Came across as very ****sure and smug.

And gave brook no credit for the win. I've never commented about shawn porter because he was nothing special to me. People hyped him up
      To be something out of planet earth. Brook is the man. Finally stepped up
      And got the job done in a classy way. Excellent

Comment

• Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
        And people were saying throw Porter in with Mayweather Porter would have gotten Hatton'd with his wild leap-in shots. What's funny is that Thurman is even less tested than Porter. Can we we at least see these guys get tested before we start anointing them as new p4p kings?
        Thurman is totally less tested than Porter and yet is arguably more celebrated on here than Porter was.

Comment

lol, clear differences pal.

Although Brook did clinch yesterday, Porter came in head first. Also hit behind the head many times.
          Come on laced. If you complained about ward, same thing here. That's type problem with petty crap, it comes back on you.

Brook won and looked good. Just as ward did. Let's not ruin it like you guys have tried to do with ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Come on laced. If you complained about ward, same thing here. That's type problem with petty crap, it comes back on you.

Brook won and looked good. Just as ward did. Let's not ruin it like you guys have tried to do with ward.
            I still think there's a clear difference.

Ward clinches every fight - It's the first time i've ever seen Brook do it. Brook was faced with Porter, a guy who literally runs into you - Ward faces guys who wants to box him, but he wants to clinch.

Also, Brook doesn't headbutt and stuff like that which Ward has done.

I've never said it wasn't the smart thing to do either, against someone like Porter it's brilliant. But Brook is not a spoiler. Ward is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs.Doubtfire 2 View Post
              In Sheffield or the UK with a stronger referee Porter would be stopped no doubt in my mind what so ever.
              Exactly. There's a reason Porter tried to actually outbox Brook late.

Comment

• What time is it...What time is it... Hahaha

Comment

I still think there's a clear difference.

Ward clinches every fight - It's the first time i've ever seen Brook do it. Brook was faced with Porter, a guy who literally runs into you - Ward faces guys who wants to box him, but he wants to clinch.

Also, Brook doesn't headbutt and stuff like that which Ward has done.

I've never said it wasn't the smart thing to do either, against someone like Porter it's brilliant. But Brook is not a spoiler. Ward is.
                  The reason you see a difference is only because you see Brook is from England.

This is the kind of stuff that makes NSB *****ty at times. You guys spent so much energy trying to mitigate ward's dominance that you have to ridiculously try and differentiate between him and Brook.

Stop the hypocrisy.

Comment

• Was brook hurt once?
                    porter was badly hurt several times.

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      The reason you see a difference is only because you see Brook is from England.

This is the kind of stuff that makes NSB *****ty at times. You guys spent so much energy trying to mitigate ward's dominance that you have to ridiculously try and differentiate between him and Brook.

Stop the hypocrisy.
                      Mate, you better start taking those glasses off.

I was the first to criticize Khan after he held constantly against Collazo. And I don't really have a problem with clinching when it's done as a form of defence when someone is rushing you like Porter did.

What I do have a problem with is when it's done as a type of spoiling tactics like Bhop/Klitschko eqsque, when it's just pathetic.

Ward has done some shyt in his fights, like against Kessler which was truly disgusting to watch, because he didn't even want to box. The same cannot be said for Brook yesterday. Porter went in head first.

However, Ward boxed perfectly fine against Froch & Dawson for instance. I mostly don't have problems with his style, it's not interesting to watch, but I don't have a problem with it.

I do have a problem with the way he approached the Kessler fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X