No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Ranks Him Behind Hopkins, Robinson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
    Hopkins' 20 weak defenses against mediocre fighters, the kind GGG is currently destroying. Tito and Oscar don't count, they were Welterweights, two weight classes smaller.
    Glen Johnson?
    Keith Holmes?
    William Joppy?
    Antwon Echols?

All better than ANYONE Triple Duck has been in the ring with...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Bro, have you seen some of the **** he says? Sure he is not as obnoxious as Angel Garcia. But some of the stuff this cat says is like come on! Seriously?

I started noticing when he first made the comment that GGG was better than Hagler on the little HBO segment.
      I agree, this dude has one of the biggest mouths out of any trainer out there. GGG is afraid to move up and challenge 168 pounders when he spars LHW's and would rather have 154 pounders move up to face him.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        I agree, this dude has one of the biggest mouths out of any trainer out there. GGG is afraid to move up and challenge 168 pounders when he spars LHW's and would rather have 154 pounders move up to face him.
        Who knows what he's gonna do - I agree Sanchez talks too much, but that's probably 'cos he's got a fighter who doesn't really like to talk at all.

A convincing win over Geale will solidify Golovkins place as the top dog at 160 (lineal title notwithstanding), from there he could look towards unification, where Soliman seems to be the most likely candidate or towards some of the more established names at 168.

As for being 'afraid' to challenge at 168, you know that ain't true ... there have been negotiations with Froch and the Jr fight was close to being made - the only one that seems improbable is Ward but that's more to do with Wards current unavailability and the likelihood of it being a much bigger fight (potentially PPV) down the line.

Comment

Working...
        X