No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
    I'd really like to see some evidence of this. You repeat it like a mantra, as if all British fighters are interchangeable and share a common fanbase but based on what? The fact that they're British? Are you even aware of the intense domestic rivalries in this country? Fury vs Haye was an intensely polarising fight and one that few fans had any trouble picking a side to come down on. The fact that both fighters were British was absolutely irrelevant. So why would someone formerly supportive of Haye suddenly have started supporting Fury?

Ironically, if any British fans shifted allegiance in the aftermath of the Haye fight, it was to support Wlad. The number of British posters who now give him his dues has increased markedly since then, while the hatred and ridicule of Fury hasn't really abated, and I doubt ever will.
    The semi intelligent ones would have witnessed Wlad fighting for the first time and realised how good in fact Wlad was and how poor Haye really was after blowing their loads having watched him scratch out a MD over Valuev, thus defecting to camp Wlad, it's kinda like glory supporting really, the others would simply have just shifted to the next Brit like David Price for instance when his bubble was burst by pillow fists grandpa Thommo they switched again to Fury, I don't need conclusive proof just follow the pattern, watch who is blowing Fury the hardest in this thread and when he loses you'll see the same familiar faces with a user name change of course for good measure shytin on Klitschko in the Klitschko Joshua threads. It will be amusing to follow, I've seen it on other forums. The fact boxing scene is in my opinion the best one out there will make it all the more funnier.

You say Brit's now give Klitschko their due, of course they do they've witnessed the Klitschko roadshow first hand on sky sports news for the Haye fight, it's just a shame they weren't able to join sooner and maybe they would be that little more understanding to how great a fighter he is and his career has been.

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
    You have a strange definition of the term to beat someone senseless. Johnson was perfectly lucid at the end of the fight because Vitali wasn't able to land anything significant on him the whole night long. He won essentially because he was punching and Johnson was not. Fury's performance on paper looked the same, but he was able to penetrate KJ's defence with a lot more regularity and catch him clean a number of times. He didn't beat him senseless either, but it was a more impressive win for me, even though both fights were technically whitewashes.

The criticism I believe came from the fact that Johnson wasn't considered all that and Vitali was this stone cold killer with a near perfect knockout ratio. The fact that he couldn't get past Johnson's sub-Toney shoulder roll was a big knock on him. Fury was still a comparative novice when he fought Johnson, and didn't have such a weight on his shoulders. Different contexts.
    It was more impressive for you, that obviously goes without saying as you're a full on blow hard, tell me how many more rounds did Fury take against Johnson than Vitali did, tell me who in fact actually goaded Johnson in attempt to actually bring him out if his shell, I give you a clue, it was not Fury in fear Johnson would catch his paper thin jaw. When Vitali fought him he really was more of an unknown entity on the world stage, A because he really truly did not belong their, he is an interloper, when Fury fought him everyone in the boxing world knew what he was about, nothing more than a punching bag with an high guard.

The fact Vitali was nearing the end of his career and Fury was only twenty fights in doesn't really mean anything, they're never going to face him again they had thier chances to impress and largely didn't except showcase they can go the distance fighting at a pace of their choosing.

I'd be shocked if a 25 year old did not Outland a 40 year when facing Johnson, I'm falling to see what their is to crow about when Vitali was clearly exciting the crowd with his goading of Johnson and Fury was generally tentative for 36 full minutes ok I suppose it was his first step up but we knew Johnson could not punch or was his limited power sufficient enough to concern Fury and his handler I suspect we're onto something here judging by the way pillow fisted Cunningham shat Fury daft to the point he had to rely on an illegal punch to stop USS.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I think Klitschko will eventually win on points probably. But I think Fury will go out of the ring with a stock increased and having given Klitschko the best fight he's had in years.

He's looked old in his last couple of fights imo especially Jennings, but also Pulev.

I think Fury will give him trouble, but I'm not convinced he'll win. But I think he could. I don't think it's necessarily a bad stylistic match up for Fury.
      For me Jennings utilised the same tactics Povetkin tried but the referee was more stringent in Jennings fight, or at least appeared to overlook the tactics of Jennings believing he would be criticised as the referee was in the Povetkin fight, I also believe we saw slight apprehension on Wlad's part due to the overly baring officiating in NY against Jennings. That really is the style that Wlad struggles to look his true best against, Fury can not possibly utilise said tactics and as you say you do not think it is a bad style match up for Fury I like many others believe the opposite to be true, not just a wild believe in fact an evidenced one, look how Wlad fairs against taller opposition, southpaws and orthodox, then look how well Fury has faired against midgets with the exception of pilow fisted cruiser USS whom he had to rely on blatant and flagrant illegal fight ending punch, even Fury looked shocked that was allowed to stand, that really is the best style of opponent for him to match up against 6' 1"-6' 3" no hopers who can't punch for jack, Wlad is nearly 6' 6" with a reach nearly as long who uses it optimally, can the same be said of Fury ? I do not believe it can, unless you're referring to a completely shot Chisora or other no hopers he has had his most testing fights against.

Comment

Because of one punch to the solar plexus?

Mate, you have some serious womanly issues you need to deal with when it comes to the Klitschko brothers. Everybody knows Klitschko isn't a bodypuncher. He was never a good body puncher, but he did use to throw them more about 10 years ago.

Yet, here you are comparing it to the holocaust because you can't stand the thought of your boyhood hero not being completely perfect in every department Which of course he definitely isn't.
        Boyhood ? Odd comment, I'm not the one who is infatuated with fighters of a certain nationality, switching from one Brit to the next as the heir apparent to dethrone Klitschko, I dread to imagine who it was before Haye. I would love to have heard your take on Audley Harrison around the time he was at his 'most relevant' *Scott sniqqers*

Comment

• Read here that Klitschko never fought someone 'fast as Fury and move well as Fury'. LOL!

Haye was 100 times faster than Fury... It didn't help at all.

Comment

Yeah he has an awkward defense and a solid jab. He's a tricky heavyweight to deal with as we saw with Vitali. He was hardly a punching bag as you describe him then. And no, not everybody can shell up.

Yes, Fury had a more impressive outing against Johnson than Vitali did. Both fighters won every round, but the manner in which Fury out jabbed him and outworked him on the inside and outside was more impressive than Vitali who felt him out for a long time of the fight. In fact, almost the entire fight.

Well, Johnson said Fury punched harder than Vitali so I'm not sure.

But yeah, as we see, you can't really discuss the Klitschko's without getting into uber defense mode, it's like discussing with a woman in all honesty.
            Johnson and Fury are like near enough best buddies, word on the street is they may have even fathered an illegitimate love child. Don't believe me ? Word on the street accordingly to some Fury fans on this thread was 'Wlad was so mentally shook by the gloves are off he had to cancel the fight and have to get back on the plane for Germany ' is it that unbelievable ?

Punch line, we can all fabricate nonsense, especially when it is regarding the promotion of a self confessed friend. You are aware Peter Fury helped Johnson prepare for AJ right, allowed his team to make full use of their facilities etc. this nonsense whether you choose to digest it is on yourself, I see, hear and know what you swallow, it is not in the least bit difficult to fathom the notion of you truly believing any of this sycophant bs, nonsensical hyperbole.

Each to their own.

Once you've calmed yourself and drawn a few lung filling deep breaths, accept it for what it is banter, nothing more or less.

I honestly do not believe Fury was any more impressive, in fact I believe he was somewhat uninspiring. When Vitali faced Saeftypin he really was an unknown, then when Fury stylistically yet tentativeky took him to school everyone already knew Safetypin really wasn't even a one trick pony, just an exceptionally dull nobody with anything of note to shout about bar the fact he dug in like a parasite against such a formidable power punching aged Vitali.

You say Vitali felt him out, why wouldn't he likelihood is he really hadn't much to go off regarding his opponent due to the nature of him being an absolute unknown on such a level they were fighting at. Fury had a full 36 minutes of footage to know how garbage Johnson was offensively yet still laboured to a relatively dull fight over a guy with zero in the shape of danger punching, I think the funniest part is the way Fury fought throughout. Anybody can find an absolute can to test out their limited repertoire of tricks against, but only a few can look truly great in doing so. AJ a ten or so fight novice looked awesome versus an opponent Fury looked largely and for the most part tentative against from start to finish.

I really do hope Fury's chin holds up and he does not get blown out in a few rounds having been felled by the first real right hand of the night, I will be so disappointed if his handlers really have matched him against these no hopers just so they can stamp their ticket and cash out. I'm just not sold by this guy at all, in truth I want to be proved wrong on a certain level, my confidence in the oaf is just so minimal judging on what I have seen. If this is anything more than a routine defence I will be thrilled, Wlad takes even more plaudits and his detractors really have no grounds on which to question the victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
              Read here that Klitschko never fought someone 'fast as Fury and move well as Fury'. LOL!

Haye was 100 times faster than Fury... It didn't help at all.
              Haye's size coupled with his mobility really was his saving grace, unfortunately Fury is a hulking mass as opposed to a light footed swift power punching danger man.

Wlad hasn't to look far for his opponent, this really has the potential to be a short explosive fight as the Thompson and Pulev fights ended early with bangs, can Fury emulate Wach ? I very much doubt that, if Fury can take a quarter of the punishment Wach can I will be impressed, hopefully he has enough will and nous to make a fight of it but as I said previously my expectations of Fury are so low I'm not awaiting with high hopes.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  I saw this in full before now, the funniest part is that quote at the end, did they didn't they ? I'm pretty sure they had some inter racial cultural bonding sessions alone sfterwards and this bond they have is truly deeper than anyone fully appreciates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                    I saw this in full before now, the funniest part is that quote at the end, did they didn't they ? I'm pretty sure they had some inter racial cultural bonding sessions alone sfterwards and this bond they have is truly deeper than anyone fully appreciates.
                    Well, this is how they elevate their lifestyles. (Fighting).

Not being a dork, just an opportunity to quote Mike Tyson is all it was.

But really professional fighters generally are calm and collected about fights, not hating each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                      Boyhood ? Odd comment, I'm not the one who is infatuated with fighters of a certain nationality, switching from one Brit to the next as the heir apparent to dethrone Klitschko, I dread to imagine who it was before Haye. I would love to have heard your take on Audley Harrison around the time he was at his 'most relevant' *Scott sniqqers*
                      Yes boyhood. You are clearly not a grown man.

From which nationality exactly? Ukraine? Because I continuously state how big a fan I am of Lomachenko. Or is it Kazakhstan? I'm being called a GGG fanboy on a weekly basis.

Your fanboyism takes you to the level of accusing people of racism. Quite laughable. Saying Klitschko is not a body puncher is apparently racism

Comment

Working...
                      X