Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
    Thanks man.

I'm still here I just tire of this new direction the thread has taken ie ripping down the career of Wlad, undermining the victory of Fury so, to think some of the genuine Fury fans are actually going along with this notion is ludicrous.

I could sit here and underplay his victory claiming Father Time caught up with Wlad and a younger version would have trounced Fury but it undermines a Wladimir victory in a rematch. How does Fury then appear as a win for Klitschko should he overcome him in a rematch. If folk want to call that my agenda fine, I'm not gonna lie. But some of the dudes on here claiming they have no agenda when it is clear they aren't even Fury fans I find laughable.

I heard some of the posters in here claiming Wlad looked poor against Jennings last out and that he was in decline and also now it is a great victory for Fury... You guys really need to make your mind, is or was Wlad shot or not ?

I was actually looking forward to the debate after the Fury fight but the way it has shaped up I genuinely dislike coming in here for the narrow minded simplistic views of a few who now have a foothold in this thread.

Haters gonna hate.

Who do you think wins between Wilder and Fury should they fight next ?
    Yeah, but anyway, nice to know you're safe and sound bro. No hard feelings!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      Winning 5 rounds?

Ok I'll come to the party here. You can make a great case for Wlad winning 3 or 4 rounds, but 5 entails gifting Wladimir all the close ones which would be Wlad biased.

The fact of importance though is that MOST of the rounds were close, there was really no "dominant performance" in practically any round really.

It was a bit of a snoozer, far from the exciting and brief encounter I envisioned like when Wladimir has previously faced larger fighters.

Wladimir shot??

Well he's CERTAINLY shot in the sense he has massively declined, a shadow of his former self and needs to retire, even if he DOES beat Fury in the repeat. Because it will inevitably happen again and again now. To many people, this constitutes being "shot".

Myself, well I think he has enough in the gall and nouce to be able to defeat Fury and maybe go a little further on a fight by fight basis.

However his ultimate dream of unifying now is a thing of the past, Wladimir definitely does not have what it takes any longer to "thoroughly" dominate the division anymore, but he would STILL be among the very top contenders of course and regular champion.

I for one do not think he should go down the Holyfield, Botha, McCall path of bummifying themselves for the glory of the next generation of boxers, that would be a shame. Go out on a high note I reckon.

Fury Wlad II should be his last fight win or lose imo.
      To be the champion you have to beat the champion ,close rounds would also favor the effective aggressor which is also modern criteria ....no way did Wlad lose less than 4 rnds ...unless yoyu are counting shots that are hitting his gloves !RND 11 is even so im not even including it......If you scored 5 rnds to Wlad which is actually the correct score despite what they WISH to believe it is then 6 /5 fight !
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-10-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        To be the champion you have to beat the champion ,close rounds would also favor the effective aggressor which is also modern criteria ....no way did Wlad lose less than 4 rnds ...unless yoyu are counting shots that are hitting his gloves !RND 11 is even so im not even including it......If you scored 5 rnds to Wlad which is actually the correct score despite what they WISH to believe it is then 6 /5 fight !
        Pfffft, back to the history section fella.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          To be the champion you have to beat the champion
          No ****.

Wladimir won a single round, the 12th. Anyone claiming otherwise are just denying themselves a hard truth.

What were the words that HBO used at the end? That's right, "massive" and "robbery"

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            No ****.

Wladimir won a single round, the 12th. Anyone claiming otherwise are just denying themselves a hard truth.

What were the words that HBO used at the end? That's right, "massive" and "robbery"
            3 rounds and one even, I can't find a case for 5 or 6. Like someone said above it wasn't a shut out but Fury shut him down. I attribute the style and/or tactics of Fury as decisive. In fact the more I think of it I think it was both.

In a fight you're in and winning you do which comes that of most comfort to you, Fury never looked in danger at all. Obviously he was of the mind Wlad could hurt thus he was never allowed to switch off himself, their may have been the hanging on when he was hurt in the 12th but I don't believe he was in danger of losing as he had established how to counteract and circumventilate the thread well before so he could just revert to what he had already done over 11 rounds, this he could do comfortably as he had the comfort of knowing he'd done 11 rounds already.

It is interesting in a rematch as Fury with his tendencies to show boat could be lulled into a false sense of security mid to late rounds if complacency sets in, the rematch in truth is more exciting than the initial fight for me personally as I genuinely believed Wlad would walk through Fury, now I'm absolutely unsure of what to expect but am now fully aware of each of their capabilities. I'd also like to see where Wlad is genuinely at in his career, I'm also wondering if he was to lose again would he be able to go on and defeat Glazkov, Joshua and Wilder which could in turn prove A Wlad is over the hill or B Fury just had his number stylistaclly.

I think what agitates me most is folk writing Wlad off already, lets say Fury wins again and Wlad goes on another winning streak picking up the IBF and in turn the WBC not only does this increase Fury's stock it also proves all the critics who wrote him off as they did 11 years ago wrong once again.

Say Wlad loses to Fury again and loses to a mediocre title holder in Glazkov and or Wilder I would say this does very little for Wlad's legacy in fact the opposite and possibly also the victory of Fury, Fury would never receive his dues from across the ocean. Unfortunately that's just the way things work when you're a European heavyweight champion, especially on some where as ******ed and fückwitted as this place.

Comment

• Originally posted by RED REP View Post
              Yeah, but anyway, nice to know you're safe and sound bro. No hard feelings!
              I'm trying to keep up with the post on here which have been difficult, I'm not going no place I'm just feeling the weight and expectations of the Christmas workload run up, been having to get up earlier and I'm getting home later too. When I am logging in I'm generally just reading as opposed to posting as much.

I'm enjoying this still, this whole scenario has posed a lot more questions than I was asking before, the main one from before is do I believe Wlad can still destroy Wilder ? Absolutely yes, nothing I saw versus Fury or more to the point proves anything otherwise IMO.

Wilder knows Wlad is a handful after having sparred him and is and was reluctant stating he is waiting for Wlad to get old for good reason. I've read sparring reports and I am aware whoever wrote them did not want Wilder to come across as a softy as he was being built up as he still is and would be upset these reports were aired.

What I am enjoying most is Wilder now trashing Klitschko like he never had a chance, even in the event Fury beats Wlad again their is still a good chance Wlad continues at this level, presuming of course he does not far worse than he did last out and their are widespread calls for him to retire. I don't see personally how Fury can better his performance and Wlad can he really perform any worse, he took Fury's best shots and barely winced. I know this you will oppose but by my reckoning Fury never had Wlad in any trouble whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Why would I say Wlad won more rounds than he did? Look at this thread when the fight happened, plenty of people said they found it hard to score a round to Wlad.

So no I'm not alone, and you can leave that victim mentality where it's been since Fury decisively won.

"Either we're going to see a new champion or a robbery is going to take place".

Fury CLEARLY won. And won wide.
                I don't buy this but I can understand why you would and subscribe to it.

You're right Fury did clearly win.

Why would people find it hard to give Wlad a round when he officially took four on score cards, I'll tell you what I find hard, searching for 11 clear and dominant Fury rounds. So I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree as you say.

You go on and on about my mentality, victim, female bla bla.... Etc. when you've proven your mentality is that of deconstructing the career and achievements of the previous champion.

What are these quotes you have pulled up ?

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                  I think we can all agree that Lennox would've handled Wladimir rather comfortably.
                  I would agree that MOST versions of Lennox Lewis would'vr handled THAT version of Wladimir rather comfortably.

Comment

• The Real Scorecard punch by punch 1/3

Rnd..1

Wlad presses Fury land a jab..wlad lands 1:44 straight right by fury..blocked byglove of Wlad. fury land a jab at 1;28

Wlad presses,Flurry by fury but nothing lands @ 1:11..fury goes for some big punches ALL blocked by wlads arms on the outside..fury lands jab 2 28 sec.Both exchange jabs ..fury lands weak body shot before bell....

Rnd 2

Bell sounds wlad presses Nothing landed by fury.@2:51 fury throws left hook that misses.Fury lands a jab ,Wlad answers back.Wlad lands body shot @2:27.Fury throws 2 left hooks both blocked.wlad presses.Fury land good left best punch so far.At 2:08 fury misses 2 jabs.At 1:42 fury throws 1 jab and blocked again by wlads right.

fury land good left at 1:31..fury throws a right/Left combo that is blocked.Fury throws left hook at :46..its blocked.Wlad lands jab at ;39 Fury misses left hook at 36.Wlad lands quick left at 23 sec.Fury lands left at 7 sec...end round

rnd 3

Wlad presses,nothing landing.fury in the corner againdoing nothing using feints.Wlad lands jab at 2:08.Fury clowning,Wlad lands body shot at 1:55.fury still in retreat.furry throws punches nothing lands.Wlad lands jab at :51 sec.Fury throws more punches not ONe lands clean.Wlad aggressor ..bell rings.

yea sure this was a blow out....that's just the first 3 rounds..and I am usin stop/slow motion...ha ha this is going to be good!
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-10-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Wlad vs fury the real scorecard rnd 4/7

Round 4

bell sounds..BOTH throwing no one landing cleanly.Wlad lands a jab at 2;48.fury not landing anything,left hook blocked by wlad at 2:36.Wlad lands jab at 2:18.Few Flurries by BOTH nothing cleanly landing.ffury comes forward at 1:15 with punches,however all catch Wlads arms on the outside AGAIN,another left hook by fury blocked at 1:03,both exchange at 52 sec.nothing lands cleanly.Fury lands left at 44 sec.Fury throws stiff jab at 30 sec.again blockedNothing much lands again ,..wlad aggressor...furys really killing him?lol

Round 5

Bell sounds..klitchko as ususal pressing fury..no significant punch lands for a minute in.klitchko lands a good solid right at1:53.fury throws a left hook but it is blocked AGAIN at 1:46.

fury rushes forward eats a jab at 33 sec..he spins backwards in retreat.fury eats another big jab at 28 sec.Fury at 24 swings wildly and misses.Wlad lands glancing right,before the bell sounds.

clear round to wlad.

Round 6

Bell rings..wlad pressing AGAIN.fury lands jab at 1:57.wlad lands jab at 1"20.Fury misses all 3 jabs at 1:12.Wlad landing a few body shots.Fury throwa a 1/2 combo that misse at 41 sec.Wlad lands left hook at 19 sec in..continues to press....round Wlad

Round 7

Bell rings Wlad pressing AGAIN .fury comes forward at 2:19sloppy punches ,nothing lands.nothing going on fury lands body shotat 1:06,he lands a good stiff left jab at 1:02,but wlad catches fury at the same time with glancing lef hook.both throw at 31 sec..nothing landsWlad lands a jab at 20 sec.

to be the champion you have to beat him right?...rnd...wlad
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-10-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X