No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Its not a sham, he was the best of a bad bunch. Emmanuel Steward did an interview very soon before his passing, and he was talking about how bad the heavyweight division was in terms of quality and how dire of a state it was in.

It looks like the picture is finally starting to improve now with some good (not great) heavyweights coming on to the scene. The first time in a while it seems we have fighters with size and ability. Although again I would reiterate that none of these guys look like they carry the type of boxing skills of previous generations of heavyweights. But now you have a very good excuse, as soon as the competition has started to heat up for the first time in Wlad's career he is now old and past it. Very convenient timing.

Fortunately, since myself and many many others have called this exact scenario for years... That as soon as Wladimir is defeated or retired, or as soon as a non-Russian type champion sits on the throne, SUDDENLY it will be a better era again.

Laughably, your little "spin" on this story is so comical that even the nutbags who will need to promote such rubbish, will only be able to do so with a deep red blush, fully realising the imbecilic nature and irony of what they are saying. Then again, they're probably used to it.

I would say the shoes of very convenient timing and excuse fits your feet better than mine.

My next prediction, is that if an American, especially a black American, ever sits on the throne again, then it will be one of those "great eras" full of skill you are talking about

There's never been a more skillful era than today, OR throughout the whole Klitschko era or Lewis era in total.

Klitschko's opponents are the rough equivalent of LEwis's and any conceivable ones today in terms of skills, they've just gotten bigger.

PRIOR to the 80's skills were abysmally worse across the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

Fortunately, since myself and many many others have called this exact scenario for years... That as soon as Wladimir is defeated or retired, or as soon as a non-Russian type champion sits on the throne, SUDDENLY it will be a better era again.

Laughably, your little "spin" on this story is so comical that even the nutbags who will need to promote such rubbish, will only be able to do so with a deep red blush, fully realising the imbecilic nature and irony of what they are saying. Then again, they're probably used to it.

I would say the shoes of very convenient timing and excuse fits your feet better than mine.

My next prediction, is that if an American, especially a black American, ever sits on the throne again, then it will be one of those "great eras" full of skill you are talking about

There's never been a more skillful era than today, OR throughout the whole Klitschko era or Lewis era in total.

Klitschko's opponents are the rough equivalent of LEwis's and any conceivable ones today in terms of skills, they've just gotten bigger.

Ha yes full of such skill like David Haye who albeit is a good athlete with good reflexes and speed, but he has very limited skills (more than Wlad though) He is extremely flawed like Wlad, lacking skills and fundamentals. The best win of Wladimir's storied career. Don't get me wrong - Haye is a good fighter but not really setting the bar high with that win are we?

Don't worry Wlad will stick around for a while yet, and when he faces Fury again, or Wilder, Joshua, etc. Win or lose (most likely lose) his limitations will be exposed again, but if he fights the same short limited fighters he will look as good as ever, only then will you see the truth. Also don't compare Lewis to Wladimir ever! Lewis competed in a far more competitive era full of good fighters, the resumes of these guys are not comparable in the slightest.

Lewis beat many good fighters and some great fighters, i.e. Holyfield slightly past prime but still very good, Vitali in his prime. Wladimir has not even stepped in the ring with a great fighter, not even one which is over the hill. We have no barometer for Wlad - and can only guess how he would have fared against great competition. Hopefully Povetkin-Wilder will happen and you will see what happens, same with Joshua-Haye and you will realise that Wlad's best two wins are not very special. His resume will be in tatters, as will you, probably in tears.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Ha yes full of such skill like David Haye who albeit is a good athlete with good reflexes and speed, but he has very limited skills (more than Wlad though) He is extremely flawed like Wlad, lacking skills and fundamentals. The best win of Wladimir's storied career. Don't get me wrong - Haye is a good fighter but not really setting the bar high with that win are we?

Don't worry Wlad will stick around for a while yet, and when he faces Fury again, or Wilder, Joshua, etc. Win or lose (most likely lose) his limitations will be exposed again, but if he fights the same short limited fighters he will look as good as ever, only then will you see the truth. Also don't compare Lewis to Wladimir ever! Lewis competed in a far more competitive era full of good fighters, the resumes of these guys are not comparable in the slightest.

Lewis beat many good fighters and some great fighters, i.e. Holyfield slightly past prime but still very good, Vitali in his prime. Wladimir has not even stepped in the ring with a great fighter, not even one which is over the hill. We have no barometer for Wlad - and can only guess how he would have fared against great competition. Hopefully Povetkin-Wilder will happen and you will see what happens, same with Joshua-Haye and you will realise that Wlad's best two wins are not very special. His resume will be in tatters, as will you, probably in tears.

Actually Povetkin was Klitchkos best win. And only Klitchko has beat him thus far as he did Haye at HW. fury has no special wins at all outside a sub par Wlad and Chisora...both good wins ,but to lable Wlad an unknown talent when most likely he will win a rematch anyway,well like the fury band wagon you are jumping the gun.

A decade of dominance > One big one

No conveniance excuse necessary...the punch stats show what Wlad showed up....Everyone else however used the weight excuse for 38 year old Lewis which actually is an excuse.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-04-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

So, according to you Bill, Klitschko's career has been a sham. All smoke and mirrors right...

Bum after bum on a string

Your long winded story was a bit like your old favourites resumes. Once you knock off the bums and cruisers, nothing remains!

Of course I've been blind not to see it..

Your words means more than that crushing mountain of evidence to the contrary ever could!

Actually...its a shame you can't read. I didn't say that in the post you are accusing me of implying that Vlad is a sham. Take your pin head and prick your ears and listen. I said Vlad has an extraordinary jab and punches very well. Was George Foreman a boxer? You know I like foreman but I would never call his style that of a guy who outboxes his opponent.

You getting the jist of the post yet? Vlad has a good KO percentage against the bums he fought yes? did he do that by outboxing them? Learn to look at things carefully for a change instead of just jissing out your mouth.

Comment

to you "skill" is a social construction where a black american by virtue of that fact and that fact alone elicites a reaction...News flash. You can look at fighters and see what their skills are. In the heavyweight division you would be hard pressed to find any fighter who can do more than punch. Where is a guy who fights inside? who moves well in the ring? who has fast combinations? etc? Fury is the exeption because he has been trained... so its not about race, its about skills, which you have virtually no capacity to recognize...mister "I don't need anyone to hold the bag" christ you don't even know how a heavy bag works!

And you usually weasel out of describing details regarding your extraordinarily ****** opinions claiming it is beneath you....News flash you can't because you don't understand any technical details about fighting Elroid. You are a hemorroid...or an elroid really...an Australian hemoroid which develops from kissing too many Koala bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Actually Povetkin was Klitchkos best win. And only Klitchko has beat him thus far as he did Haye at HW. fury has no special wins at all outside a sub par Wlad and Chisora...both good wins ,but to lable Wlad an unknown talent when most likely he will win a rematch anyway,well like the fury band wagon you are jumping the gun.

No conveniance excuse necessary...the punch stats show what Wlad showed up....Everyone else however used the weight excuse for 38 year old Lewis which actually is an excuse.
              Povatkin has some technical ability. His movement is very basic though and Vlad really fought horribly against Povatkin. Povatkin cannot use angles and it made it so he couldn't find entry to Vlad, but the russian does have some skills. But again, Vlad looked horrible against him Juggy. having said that it will be interesting to see how the Russian fares.... I definitily think he would beat Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Povatkin has some technical ability. His movement is very basic though and Vlad really fought horribly against Povatkin. Povatkin cannot use angles and it made it so he couldn't find entry to Vlad, but the russian does have some skills. But again, Vlad looked horrible against him Juggy. having said that it will be interesting to see how the Russian fares.... I definitily think he would beat Wilder.
                Povetkin has improved..however watching the first fight clearly again wlads lack of aggression cost him an early k.o...had that guy out by mid rounds. The more it went the uglier it got...Not entirely Wlads fault rewatch and you will see Povetkin like Jennings just bombarding forward with nothing else really but hoping not to get hiit in a clinch themselves.

Comment

Dude I'm trolling him, because he is so far fetched from any kind of reality. I know Wlad has been a very good champion, but you can't debate reasonably with a guy like that. I have tried for a long time, no point now most Klitschko fans are extremely deluded as is he.

Even then I will give you a reply, I am not comparing Fury and Klitschko much there in my last post if at all. I agree to a certain extent, I classify Haye and Povetkin as Wlad's best wins. For the record I think Haye and Povetkin would be a great fight. Wlad's performance against Povetkin was one of the worst I have ever seen in a heavyweight title fight, and there have been some doozy's in my time. He should have been deducted points and probably disqualified in the end.

I think the Haye performance was a good performance from Wlad as he was able to nullify extreme speed, even if he couldn't do much offensively. David Haye and Povetkin are very good fighters but they are small fighters with disadvantages. They are technically and talent wise probably better fighters then Tyson Fury or at least on the same level. Fury won because of his dimensions, not because he is an exceptional fighter. He would be a gatekeeper in the 90's heavyweight scene in my opinion. He is a very big heavyweight would good ability and good speed for his size, and Wlad could not deal with it, not because he is old but because he is extremely limited.

Now I am not saying Wlad's career is an unknown, and I am not dismissing his accomplishments. His longevity is amazing, and his professionalism to obtain that longevity is also amazing. But he is sorely lacking that elite level competition, he doesn't have any great wins. As you said Povetkin is his best win, his career is yet to be written and if Povetkin goes on to achieve a lot then we can maybe sit here in a few years and say wow the Povetkin win was a great win (even if it was a horrible performance). But I doubt it, Povetkin himself is a guy who had a close fight with Marco Huck - a good fighter but a cruiserweight.

At the end of the day as a champion when you are measured for your career achievements the first and most important question is always...who did he beat? That part for Wlad is sorely lacking. Not to say he avoided competition, there just wasn't a very high level of competition in his time. We can all debate until our heads explode how Wlad would have done against a prime Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Tyson, Holmes, and on and on. But the problem with his career is he never stepped in the ring with anyone of that calibre.

Comment

What does it say about Klitschko when his best victory was obtained by constant use of cheat and foul tactics and would have lost by DQ had a neutral ref been in there??

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      For once can you answer a question for me there Bill, since your an intelligent nut bag or "nutbag elite" as I like to call..

You skirted 2 points in the Juggernaut post that I felt were the most important actually..

The LEnnox Lewis excuse. How is that MORE excusable than Wladimir's so called excuse which is in fact an inevitability eventually? And certainly we seen it coming in his last outing with Jennings anyhow, the only difference of opinion was whether Fury could be the one to do it or not??

Which leads to the debate over the reason over Wlad's dreadful performance.

Do you really subscribe to the notion that Tyson Fury's boxing was responsible for nullifying Wlad to the level of output and accuracy that was achieved?

I can't believe YOU personally, not including any other nut bags, can post there unashamedly that it was not in very large part Wladimir self-defeating or being somewhat spent or a bit of both.

I TOTALLY respect that Fury now is a very viable reality to beat Wladimir again like he already has. But that would more indicate a shot Wladimir.

Bottom line is, most people instinctively KNOW that Wladimir is still the favourite in the rematch. He is a proven warrior who has risen like a phoenix from the ashes like no other boxer has previously.

Comment

Working...
                      X