No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Such a masterclass, that HBO labelled it a "not terribly entertaining", and "poor quality" fight.

The CompuBox stats are telling, too. Fury put on such a boxing masterclass, that he achieved a 20% connection rate.

Wladimir was worse, don't get me wrong. It was horrible to watch the then-champ devoid of ideas and holding back from throwing his right hand, but it was NEVER, NEVER a quality boxing masterclass.
    It was a masterclass. Wlad got taken to school.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      This opinion is best understood by a social critic, and perhaps the greatest heavyweight philosopher of the golden age....Socrates. Socrates whole method was to get people to understand the difference between an examined and unexamined opinion....Simple right?! Well....No. There is a reason why many Japanese martial artists consider Kendo the easiest martial art to learn and the hardest to master...and it is such with people understanding the nature of when an opinion is examined/or not.

People like Elroy are a great example of institutionalizing unexamined opinions and manufacturing them. Unfortunately many people have unexamined opinions regarding Vlad Flinchko.

You get this Denum but let me take this opportunity in this post to disabuse people of the notion/unexamined/wrong point of view that states: VLAD KLITSCHO CAN BOX. Klitschko has NEVER displayed any ability, any subtlety that is exemplory of a fighter who relies on boxing skill....NEVER.

Vlad uses his jab to set up his punches. He never moves particularly well, he never slips punches, he does not work inside (he clinches), nor does he use combinations....He jabs at a usually stationary, squared up opponent, until he can safely throw his big punches. He is a puncher with an extraordinary jab. you take his jab away you make him ordinary.

This is why when comparing him to great fighters it is laughable. Dempsey, for example, knew how to fight inside, punch, and move with the feet to hit you with either hand, at any time from any range. Tyson likewise, Frazier could step in while throwing his hook, etc.

Klitsko cannot move around the ring, he gets winded and flustered if he has to throw any volume of punches other than a jab, has no chin, and cannot fight at any distance except on the tip of his jab. Sure he beats up guys like Haye! Haye is as one dimensional as Vlad! Hayes entire strategy revolves around a numbers game: "If I get 1 chance at a big punch, every two rounds or so, through ambushing you, I will land a bomb."

Wilder is similarly one dimensional...My point is, Vlad, being in a weak division has never had to develop as a fighter because all his opponents are squared up, stationary targets that have limited skills. Pulov and the like are olympic style fighters who come in chin up, set, and throw their punches.

So...people will continue to think Vlad has outboxed people and that all he has to do is get his punch count up to beat Fury. I doubt even Klitschko realizes that Fury's feints, and his timing are the reasons why he could not pull the trigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        They 'won', yet this is all they can muster.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
          They 'won', yet this is all they can muster.
          How butthurt on a scale of 1-10 are you yoz? It's been 5 days since the fight, is it going down or up?

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            How butthurt on a scale of 1-10 are you yoz? It's been 5 days since the fight, is it going down or up?
            I have made my opinion known.

I still can't get over how you call landing 20% of punches thrown a 'masterclass' or 'schooling'.

Fury won. Kudos to him. Its just a shame he has fans here blurring fiction with fact.
            Last edited by yoz; 12-03-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• So, according to you Bill, Klitschko's career has been a sham. All smoke and mirrors right...

Bum after bum on a string

Your long winded story was a bit like your old favourites resumes. Once you knock off the bums and cruisers, nothing remains!

Of course I've been blind not to see it..

Your words means more than that crushing mountain of evidence to the contrary ever could!

Comment

• Modern HWs aren't really that much better than past ones, are they?

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  This opinion is best understood by a social critic, and perhaps the greatest heavyweight philosopher of the golden age....Socrates. Socrates whole method was to get people to understand the difference between an examined and unexamined opinion....Simple right?! Well....No. There is a reason why many Japanese martial artists consider Kendo the easiest martial art to learn and the hardest to master...and it is such with people understanding the nature of when an opinion is examined/or not.

People like Elroy are a great example of institutionalizing unexamined opinions and manufacturing them. Unfortunately many people have unexamined opinions regarding Vlad Flinchko.

You get this Denum but let me take this opportunity in this post to disabuse people of the notion/unexamined/wrong point of view that states: VLAD KLITSCHO CAN BOX. Klitschko has NEVER displayed any ability, any subtlety that is exemplory of a fighter who relies on boxing skill....NEVER.

Vlad uses his jab to set up his punches. He never moves particularly well, he never slips punches, he does not work inside (he clinches), nor does he use combinations....He jabs at a usually stationary, squared up opponent, until he can safely throw his big punches. He is a puncher with an extraordinary jab. you take his jab away you make him ordinary.

This is why when comparing him to great fighters it is laughable. Dempsey, for example, knew how to fight inside, punch, and move with the feet to hit you with either hand, at any time from any range. Tyson likewise, Frazier could step in while throwing his hook, etc.

Klitsko cannot move around the ring, he gets winded and flustered if he has to throw any volume of punches other than a jab, has no chin, and cannot fight at any distance except on the tip of his jab. Sure he beats up guys like Haye! Haye is as one dimensional as Vlad! Hayes entire strategy revolves around a numbers game: "If I get 1 chance at a big punch, every two rounds or so, through ambushing you, I will land a bomb."

Wilder is similarly one dimensional...My point is, Vlad, being in a weak division has never had to develop as a fighter because all his opponents are squared up, stationary targets that have limited skills. Pulov and the like are olympic style fighters who come in chin up, set, and throw their punches.

So...people will continue to think Vlad has outboxed people and that all he has to do is get his punch count up to beat Fury. I doubt even Klitschko realizes that Fury's feints, and his timing are the reasons why he could not pull the trigger.
                  Bravo Sir

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Thats a great gif. If Povetkin had been a little more well rounded , he would have used that small opening when Wlad reaches in to clinch to launch a right hand up the middle. That momentary beach of security presented itself pretty much every minute of the fight.

Fury saw it and he done exactly what he said he would do. Flaws like that is why i never rated Wlad highly H2H.
                    A guy like Holyfield would badly expose Wlads technical errors and punish him dearly

Comment

• Ah, if it isn't Saxby, Ned, VG and Loaded Flaps..

All soliciting the services of their more articulate yet nonetheless nut bag of a friend Bill.

What an All-Star cast!

Comment

Working...
                      X