No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    actually thats the best i have ever seen fury look. hes never going to have that body builder physique no matter what he does but there is no doubt he has trained harder for this fight then any other. im giving him a real chance to pull off the win. wlad looks like a ped pit like usual. what is he like 42 and he still has that perfect build? ya right
    U don't think Floyd can keep his body the same at 39?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      From when Joshua was in his camp prior to the Pulev fight. Keep in mind too, Vlad is close to 40, Joshua a prime specimen in his mid 20s.

Fists of Fluff coming in even lighter than usual he's gonna have even lighter punches ! I had high hopes expecting Fury to pack on that bit more muscle.

Comment

• Very excited for this fight, albeit very nervous because I really want Fury to win. There is definitely a path to victory for Fury and I think he's going to take his chance, I hope he will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
          Fists of Fluff coming in even lighter than usual he's gonna have even lighter punches ! I had high hopes expecting Fury to pack on that bit more muscle.
          I know right? Fury just lost fat, if he would of actually built muscle he would be heavier.

Does he think he will decision Vlad

Comment

• Some predictions..

Anthony Joshua
            Tyson and Wladimir are two very different personalities, which makes it even more interesting for the neutral. The result is difficult to call - both have knockouts on their record and anything can happen in heavyweight boxing.
            The fight will be action-packed right from round one. I think Fury will come out with nothing to lose. His style is to throw a lot of punches but ultimately I think Klitschko's class will shine through and he will win.

Kell Brook
            Klitschko is solid and powerful and he's never out of shape. He is a role model for fighters. Because he's worried about Fury, he will have trained harder than ever. He is a champion for a reason but you have to be a Fury fan, though!
            He's colourful, he's a character and you never know what he's going to do. But he can fight. I think he has got a chance and you can't write him off, but he has to fire off combinations, catch him with twos and threes. But I am going for Klitschko on points.

George Groves
            I think it's a genuine heavyweight fight to get excited about. I like Fury. I think he's a bit wacky, a bit mad, but I think he needs to have a fight on Saturday night.
            I am not sure how he's going to approach it. Klitschko is hard, he is solid and he is fit. The one thing Fury has is better hand speed and size, so I would love to see him do it, but I can't see past Klitschko. I don't think it will go the distance either.

Lennox Lewis
            In addition to the IBF and WBA belts, you need to have the WBC belt - that is the most important. No matter what Wladimir has to arrange, he still has to get this one belt. If he does, he should say goodbye to boxing. It would be the perfect end to a glittering career.
            Klitschko must have patience. At some point, the moment will arise where you can use the right.

Anthony Crolla
            It's the first time in a while Wladimir doesn't have physical advantages. I don't think Tyson will be overawed. I'm under no illusions - it's a massive task, because Klitschko is the best heavyweight on the planet but Tyson has improved over the years and isn't given enough credit for that. I'm interested to see whether he comes out and tries to rough Klitschko up.
            If he's going to do it, then I think he has to hurt Klitschko. If he's going to do it, it's got to be Fury by stoppage.

Deontay Wilder
            I can definitely see Fury winning if he's done all the right things and he takes this fight seriously. Doing what he's got to do as the younger, healthier guy, because Klitschko is getting a lot older now and his body is tearing away from itself.
            I can see a new champion arriving, but again it's all going to depend on what mentality and what dog they bring with them to that fight, that night. That's what it's going to boil down to.

Lee Selby
            I'm a bit unsure but Fury's definitely got a chance. He's big, he's fast and he's game but Klitschko is so experienced. But is he past his best? We might find out on Saturday.
            I know it's out in Germany and that won't make it easy, but one thing I can't see is Fury knocking Klitschko out. If it ends in a knockout, it will be Klitschko, but if it goes to points, it's Fury!

Dave Coldwell
            What Fury is very good at is nullifying what you're good at, which allows him to do the same-old. But the big thing Fury does is box differently every time - and I'm not even sure he knows sometimes, so Klitschko won't.
            In 99 per cent of his career, Klitschko has been jab-grab-lean but he can't do that against someone of Fury's size, so that does take away from his overall power. But to win, Fury has to not get hit, take that Klitschko jab away and to stop that right hand doing what it does. It is not going to be easy, but Fury has a chance - although I've got to stay with Klitschko on points.

Kevin Mitchell
            I think Tyson will come out behind the jab with his natural aggression. I can see it being very exciting and explosive. I'm probably going to let my head rule my heart on this one because I want Tyson Fury to pull it off.
            I'm backing Fury on points.

Tony Bellew
            I've broken it down and you just can't make a case for Fury; you can't see anyone out-boxing him and you can't see Fury knocking him out - if Dereck Chisora took everything Fury gave him over two fights, Klitschko shouldn't have a problem.
            The trouble is all these Behind The Ropes shows and the build-up start playing with your mind! It has got me thinking 'is this just Tyson Fury's time?' Is he going to throw a crazy punch and do it? I am going to stick my neck on the line and say Fury knocks him out in the seventh or eighth. Or a better way to put it - Klitschko wins early, Fury wins late.

Terry Flanagan
            FURY on points. It’s a big ask but I think he will outpoint Klitschko.

Paul Butler
            I keep changing my mind, but I’m going to go with Klitschko to win on points. Tyson will make it difficult for him at times but the experience will come through.

Billy Joe Saunders
            I think it’s going to be very close at times but I think Tyson has more ‘want’ and need for it. It’s going to be a 50-50 so I’m going with the younger man, Fury, to win by stoppage in the middle rounds.

Lee Selby
            Fury can win on points due to his youth, speed and size.

Derry Matthews
            Fury. I reckon it’ll be a late stoppage and I’m hoping Klitschko has got old overnight.

Darren Barker
            Wlad unanimous decision. Fury will give it everything but I just think he’s up against a fighter who has mastered the sport in the sense he hits and doesn’t get hit. Maybe it will be boring at time times but it’ll be intriguing throughout.

Barry McGuigan
            KLITSCHKO is a strong favourite but you have to give Fury a chance early in the fight. The longer it goes, though, the less chance he has because he’s not an athlete and Wladimir is. Tyson has to get out of the blocks early and take it to Klitschko because I don’t believe he can outbox the Ukrainian, but he’s fast enough and big enough to catch Wladimir and hurt him. However it all boils down to pedigree and levels and despite the fact that Klitschko’s 39 years old he’ll still have too much for Fury, sadly. So it’s a wide points decision or more likely a stoppage in the last third of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              No, he ran out of money
              He was scared of John Fury, I am too.

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              I know right? Fury just lost fat, if he would of actually built muscle he would be heavier.

Does he think he will decision Vlad
              I think he'll try and go out on a decision loss, trying to look impressive in doing so, Hearn talked of the Joshua fight for him even if he loses but did not look poor in doing so. Look how many Brits swallowed that Chisora Haye fight, I think they had 40k there as well as the security fences to separate Haye and Chisora, roflmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                I think he'll try and go out on a decision loss, trying to look impressive in doing so, Hearn talked of the Joshua fight for him even if he loses but did not look poor in doing so. Look how many Brits swallowed that Chisora Haye fight, I think they had 40k there as well as the security fences to separate Haye and Chisora, roflmao.
                And cry robbery... makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  Some predictions..

Anthony Joshua
                  Tyson and Wladimir are two very different personalities, which makes it even more interesting for the neutral. The result is difficult to call - both have knockouts on their record and anything can happen in heavyweight boxing.
                  The fight will be action-packed right from round one. I think Fury will come out with nothing to lose. His style is to throw a lot of punches but ultimately I think Klitschko's class will shine through and he will win.

Kell Brook
                  Klitschko is solid and powerful and he's never out of shape. He is a role model for fighters. Because he's worried about Fury, he will have trained harder than ever. He is a champion for a reason but you have to be a Fury fan, though!
                  He's colourful, he's a character and you never know what he's going to do. But he can fight. I think he has got a chance and you can't write him off, but he has to fire off combinations, catch him with twos and threes. But I am going for Klitschko on points.

George Groves
                  I think it's a genuine heavyweight fight to get excited about. I like Fury. I think he's a bit wacky, a bit mad, but I think he needs to have a fight on Saturday night.
                  I am not sure how he's going to approach it. Klitschko is hard, he is solid and he is fit. The one thing Fury has is better hand speed and size, so I would love to see him do it, but I can't see past Klitschko. I don't think it will go the distance either.

Lennox Lewis
                  In addition to the IBF and WBA belts, you need to have the WBC belt - that is the most important. No matter what Wladimir has to arrange, he still has to get this one belt. If he does, he should say goodbye to boxing. It would be the perfect end to a glittering career.
                  Klitschko must have patience. At some point, the moment will arise where you can use the right.

Anthony Crolla
                  It's the first time in a while Wladimir doesn't have physical advantages. I don't think Tyson will be overawed. I'm under no illusions - it's a massive task, because Klitschko is the best heavyweight on the planet but Tyson has improved over the years and isn't given enough credit for that. I'm interested to see whether he comes out and tries to rough Klitschko up.
                  If he's going to do it, then I think he has to hurt Klitschko. If he's going to do it, it's got to be Fury by stoppage.

Deontay Wilder
                  I can definitely see Fury winning if he's done all the right things and he takes this fight seriously. Doing what he's got to do as the younger, healthier guy, because Klitschko is getting a lot older now and his body is tearing away from itself.
                  I can see a new champion arriving, but again it's all going to depend on what mentality and what dog they bring with them to that fight, that night. That's what it's going to boil down to.

Lee Selby
                  I'm a bit unsure but Fury's definitely got a chance. He's big, he's fast and he's game but Klitschko is so experienced. But is he past his best? We might find out on Saturday.
                  I know it's out in Germany and that won't make it easy, but one thing I can't see is Fury knocking Klitschko out. If it ends in a knockout, it will be Klitschko, but if it goes to points, it's Fury!

Dave Coldwell
                  What Fury is very good at is nullifying what you're good at, which allows him to do the same-old. But the big thing Fury does is box differently every time - and I'm not even sure he knows sometimes, so Klitschko won't.
                  In 99 per cent of his career, Klitschko has been jab-grab-lean but he can't do that against someone of Fury's size, so that does take away from his overall power. But to win, Fury has to not get hit, take that Klitschko jab away and to stop that right hand doing what it does. It is not going to be easy, but Fury has a chance - although I've got to stay with Klitschko on points.

Kevin Mitchell
                  I think Tyson will come out behind the jab with his natural aggression. I can see it being very exciting and explosive. I'm probably going to let my head rule my heart on this one because I want Tyson Fury to pull it off.
                  I'm backing Fury on points.

Tony Bellew
                  I've broken it down and you just can't make a case for Fury; you can't see anyone out-boxing him and you can't see Fury knocking him out - if Dereck Chisora took everything Fury gave him over two fights, Klitschko shouldn't have a problem.
                  The trouble is all these Behind The Ropes shows and the build-up start playing with your mind! It has got me thinking 'is this just Tyson Fury's time?' Is he going to throw a crazy punch and do it? I am going to stick my neck on the line and say Fury knocks him out in the seventh or eighth. Or a better way to put it - Klitschko wins early, Fury wins late.

Terry Flanagan
                  FURY on points. It’s a big ask but I think he will outpoint Klitschko.

Paul Butler
                  I keep changing my mind, but I’m going to go with Klitschko to win on points. Tyson will make it difficult for him at times but the experience will come through.

Billy Joe Saunders
                  I think it’s going to be very close at times but I think Tyson has more ‘want’ and need for it. It’s going to be a 50-50 so I’m going with the younger man, Fury, to win by stoppage in the middle rounds.

Lee Selby
                  Fury can win on points due to his youth, speed and size.

Derry Matthews
                  Fury. I reckon it’ll be a late stoppage and I’m hoping Klitschko has got old overnight.

Darren Barker
                  Wlad unanimous decision. Fury will give it everything but I just think he’s up against a fighter who has mastered the sport in the sense he hits and doesn’t get hit. Maybe it will be boring at time times but it’ll be intriguing throughout.

Barry McGuigan
                  KLITSCHKO is a strong favourite but you have to give Fury a chance early in the fight. The longer it goes, though, the less chance he has because he’s not an athlete and Wladimir is. Tyson has to get out of the blocks early and take it to Klitschko because I don’t believe he can outbox the Ukrainian, but he’s fast enough and big enough to catch Wladimir and hurt him. However it all boils down to pedigree and levels and despite the fact that Klitschko’s 39 years old he’ll still have too much for Fury, sadly. So it’s a wide points decision or more likely a stoppage in the last third of the fight.
                  Dude, that's basically a who is who of British boxing lmao, with the exception of Wilder who really is sticking the knife in before Fury even loses.

Nice to see Groves, McGuigan and Lewis not going with the establishment, could this be because they're not in any way invested with Sky, Matchroom or any known affiliate of this British ppv ?

I think it's quite telling really. When I see predictions I like to see unbiased ones. It would have been nice to have a variation of nationalities predicting the outcome and common Fury and Klitschko opponents. O wait, Fury ain't fought nobody except creme puffs, Deryck Chisora and a whole host of other cans.

Comment

• Does anyone know who will referee the bout??

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Does anyone know who will referee the bout??
                      Tony Weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X