No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    You genuinely believe Fury has none of his previous flaws after his victories over Hammer and Chisora ?

Say what you like but I recognised the same flawed fighter from the Cunningham fight in the Chisora fight, yet a more risk averse one.

This fight is nothing more than a cashing out fight on Fury's part.
    No he definitely has a lot of flaws. He also showed flaws in those fights.

But it's hardly comparable to having your right hand low against a journeyman in your pro debut.

He definitely showed a lot less flaws in his game vs Chisora than against Cunningham.

His best performance was still Kevin johnson. That was a really solid performance from start to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Haye was his career most significant fight. I think everyone can agree on that. But Peter came at a make or break time for him. The film did a good job depicting that.

I think Wladimir feels Haye was the best fighter he fought in his championship reign.
      I think he has more significant wins... I don't know who he thinks was his best opponent, obviously.

Whatever fights he has left are very significant, he's nearing the end probably, he needs to keep winning until the end, and any of the top contenders pose a genuine risk at this stage. The Fury fight should really tell if he's still able to go full steam. Quite a few young guns looming in the background, Vlad can't slip any (but he knows).

Comment

• I'm rooting for fury, but honestly wlad should be too good for him. However, I just think fury has the best chance of beating wlad of any opponent in recent memory.

Teamfury all day!!

Comment

I haven't seen Wlad throw a body punch in 10 years, so that would be a refreshing change of pace.

I agree Fury has problems ducking a punch going backwards. He shouldn't do that ever, he has a tendency to leave his hands up when he moves backwards.
          If you watch the 4th round of Klitschko vs Pulev, you'll notice Klitschko throwing (and landing) a , what seemed to be, hard straight right hand to Pulev's solar plexus.

I am certainly not an expert in bio-mechanics, but I guess those kind of punches take stamina and power from your opponent.

Comment

But it's hardly comparable to having your right hand low against a journeyman in your pro debut.

He definitely showed a lot less flaws in his game vs Chisora than against Cunningham.

His best performance was still Kevin johnson. That was a really solid performance from start to finish.
            He was perfect in that fight, but then he was fighting Kevin Johnson, a walking punchbag with a shoulder roll. His best performance against a meaningful opponent is still Chisora II. Chisora was totally outclassed mentally and physically in that fight; he wasn't able to land a glove on Fury, despite Fury barely breaking out of first gear. Hammer was his most razzmatazz performance, though again the quality of the opponent has to be taken into account.

Comment

Would you remark Johnson as a dangerous opponent, more so than than Hammer and Chisora ? I find it notable Johnson hasn't really any snap, power or anything remotely noteworthy to be duly concerned about, IMO Fury could literally do as he pleased in that fight bar knocking him out of course as he hasn't the power, craft or guile.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                I think he has more significant wins... I don't know who he thinks was his best opponent, obviously.

Whatever fights he has left are very significant, he's nearing the end probably, he needs to keep winning until the end, and any of the top contenders pose a genuine risk at this stage. The Fury fight should really tell if he's still able to go full steam. Quite a few young guns looming in the background, Vlad can't slip any (but he knows).
                More significant than Haye? That was clearly his biggest fight.

The reason why I said it was because he's pulled Haye up recently as a guy on his record that would beat Fury. And he mentioned that Haye was very good and punched hard a couple of weeks ago.

Could just be because he's british.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                  Would you remark Johnson as a dangerous opponent, more so than than Hammer and Chisora ? I find it notable Johnson hasn't really any snap, power or anything remotely noteworthy to be duly concerned about, IMO Fury could literally do as he pleased in that fight bar knocking him out of course as he hasn't the power, craft or guile.
                  No not dangerous but very tricky.

Johnson had made it awkward for Vitali. Not winning a round in their fight, but it was an awkward kind of fight.

And Fury did a total number on him in every department.

So it was what it was, but he just showed me some good things in that fight.

Comment

• I'm willing to bet all my points on Fury, if someone wants to match my bet or bet all their points, even if they have less.

Who wants some?!?!?!?

Comment

More significant than Haye? That was clearly his biggest fight.

The reason why I said it was because he's pulled Haye up recently as a guy on his record that would beat Fury. And he mentioned that Haye was very good and punched hard a couple of weeks ago.

Could just be because he's british.
                      I think Wladimir and Vitali both have some respect for Haye in a way.

I remember Wlad's face was a little marked up after that fight and Vitali praising Haye as Wlad's best opponent saying "when did you last see my Brothers face look like that?". I also saw a picture of Vitali and Haye having dinner together either this year or last year.

I also think Wladimir was serious when he said Haye could beat Fury. I'm sure part of the reason he actually said it was to get to Fury due to his dislike of Haye, but he also seemed like he meant it.

To be fair, neither Wlad and Haye were that good during their fight. It's just Haye promised so much so he comes out looking the worst. Wlad was very wary of Haye all night and didn't do a lot himself, he did just enough to not lose the fight. If Haye had let his hands go just a couple of times in the rounds, you could quite easily have scored them for him because Wlad wasn't exactly doing much.

I think Wladimir is a smart guy and he knows Haye is a very good fighter, which he is. He does make people dislike him with all his cancellations and other things, but he can fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X