Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cechmate View Post
    All my points vs all your points.
    You got only a trillion, so trillion will be bet from both sides.

If you don't agree, no deal (I already have a few bets placed with other people, it's your loss)

If you want to do less, I'm fine with that. 100 billion?
    Last edited by Champ Wilder; 11-18-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cechmate View Post
      Let's see Wladdy try the 1-2-hug combo on Fury. He's in for a bit of a surprise if he tries that on a REAL heavyweight.
      Originally posted by Krusher P4P #1 View Post
      You got only a trillion, so trillion will be bet from both sides.

If you don't agree, no deal (I already have a few bets placed with other people, it's your loss)

If you want to do less, I'm fine with that. 100 billion?
      Now you do all in evens.

Comment

• https://instagram.com/p/-NmIOTDFuf/

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
          Fury will likely tire dramatically after 5 if he is still hanging in there, with the punch accumulation, over training through his life excesses out of camp and pace he is unaccustomed to at world level, once he realises he can't avoid the left and rights by Wlad and the superior foot movement he can not negate he will be mentally shattered.

It should be a fun whilst it lasts, but these excuses flying in early are pathetic.
          One thing we know for absolute dead certain is that Fury won't gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Most brits expect/want Fury to lose. Don't forget he's a gypsy, a very maligned group of people in the UK, so he's not your average brit fighter in the eyes of the UK public.

But he won't lose. 2fast Fury will be dancing under those lights. It'll be shades of the young Cassius Clay boxing Liston's head off. Wlad might retire in the corner when he can't get near Fury as he dances like Nijinsky under the moonlit German skies.
            Fury's popularity in the UK has been increasing steadily over the last 2 years. Likewise, respect for his fighting ability.

At one time, all my friends and workmates hated him, as a personality, and derided him as a fighter. Now, they like him as much as I do. And they no longer burst out laughing and tell me I'm as deluded as he is when I say I think he's going to be the champion of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Fury's popularity in the UK has been increasing steadily over the last 2 years. Likewise, respect for his fighting ability.

At one time, all my friends and workmates hated him, as a personality, and derided him as a fighter. Now, they like him as much as I do. And they no longer burst out laughing and tell me I'm as deluded as he is when I say I think he's going to be the champion of the world.
              Fair enough his popularity is still increasing but the majority of people i've seen from the UK, casual fans especially, don't want him to win. But he has become a bit more popular.

I actually believe he can do it, i don't know why, i just see it happening. I honestly think he has the perfect style to beat Wlad. Of course Wlad is favourite to win and rightly so, i just think Wlad is giving up his physical advantages and will have to show something different to win this one than he has needed to in recent years.

Fury has the longer reach and has a good jab himself, which may force Wlad to come in a little closer than he is usually comfortable doing. Wlad won't be able to tie Fury up and lean down on him which he does to everyone else because Fury is bigger, so when they do get close, i think Fury has the advantage and he can actually fight small on the inside for such a big man, Klitschko won't be able to hug him like he likes to. And given that Wlad doesn't seem to have an inside game, and can't hug fury like he usually does, he's going to have an uncomfortable time during the times when they get up close.

I just think Klitschko has been so comfortable doing the same thing fight after fight and those things won't work against Fury. Whatever weaknesses Wlad has to his game actually play into Fury's best attributes.

I think he can do it. Of course there's every possibility Wlad goes in and takes him apart but if anyone has a chance against Wlad, it's Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Fair enough his popularity is still increasing but the majority of people i've seen from the UK, casual fans especially, don't want him to win. But he has become a bit more popular.

I actually believe he can do it, i don't know why, i just see it happening. I honestly think he has the perfect style to beat Wlad. Of course Wlad is favourite to win and rightly so, i just think Wlad is giving up his physical advantages and will have to show something different to win this one than he has needed to in recent years.

Fury has the longer reach and has a good jab himself, which may force Wlad to come in a little closer than he is usually comfortable doing. Wlad won't be able to tie Fury up and lean down on him which he does to everyone else because Fury is bigger, so when they do get close, i think Fury has the advantage and he can actually fight small on the inside for such a big man, Klitschko won't be able to hug him like he likes to. And given that Wlad doesn't seem to have an inside game, and can't hug fury like he usually does, he's going to have an uncomfortable time during the times when they get up close.

I just think Klitschko has been so comfortable doing the same thing fight after fight and those things won't work against Fury. Whatever weaknesses Wlad has to his game actually play into Fury's best attributes.

I think he can do it. Of course there's every possibility Wlad goes in and takes him apart but if anyone has a chance against Wlad, it's Fury.
                I've been saying the same things myself ever since the fight became a possibility. I think Wlad's weaknesses are his inability to fight at a fast pace without taking breathers, and a tendancy to panic when his opponents take him by surprise. Fury has a great engine, and is the most unpredictable fighter in the game.

As long as he's in the fight, he'll keep Wlad working hard, whether up close or at long range. And at 39 yo, I don't think Wlad can cope with that for 12 rounds. If he can't stop Fury, I think he'll run out of steam and get stopped himself in the later rounds.
                Last edited by kafkod; 11-19-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  One thing we know for absolute dead certain is that Fury won't gas.
                  He will and he'll attempt to dig in like a Alabama tick, only Wlad will blast him out of there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    http://www.skysports.com/klitschko-v...es-with-weight

Don't know if it's been posted yet.
                    Ironically, Fury's body might be older than Vladimir's.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      Ironically, Fury's body might be older than Vladimir's.
                      Hahaha, yup. Fury lets himself go; he's not a committed professional.

Wladimir, meanwhile, keeps in shape year round.

Comment

Working...
                      X