Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    Let me tell you a well known secret..

They ALL look good before they face Wladimir.

And then they ALL stand in front of him.

The problem isn't the opponent, it's the champ!
    Thompson didn't stand in front of him in their first fight, and he gave Wladimir all the problems in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
      Thompson didn't stand in front of him in their first fight, and he gave Wladimir all the problems in the world.
      "All the problems in the world"

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

This is funny on multiple levels for me...

Obviously I can chuckle with Yoz as it was nothing less than a dominant Wladimir performance and inevitable KO win for Wlad. "All the problems in the world" being a stretch of the imagination.

But I CAN see where Denium is going with this angle to be fair, because Thompson WAS able to both move for a time AND breach the Wladimir defence with his own combined size and skills.

But 1/ Thompson was eventually, just like the rest, charmed like a cobra, conditioned by a diet of jabs and straight rights to stand right in front of him IN THE END, ready to be knocked out.

And 2/ When Thompson did breach, he forced Wladimir to stand and fight. And of course, in those exchanges, Wlad dominated... Punch speed and punch power won him the fight!

Against Fury, punch quality will also secure Wlad the win, just as his overall strategy will simply reduce Fury.

Whilst I'm coming down squarely on the side of Wladimir now, I think it's necessary for me to say (because of trolls like Lacey boy) that it isn't because Fury is a poor class opponent. On the contrary I think he is a great opponent!! On many levels...

It's common knowledge that I don't rate Ali. Well I basically consider Fury a super-sized modern Ali. And while that doesn't strike a particular emotional cord with me so much, the fact I'm claiming Fury to be a "Super-Ali" for all nostalgic inclined readers by any measure, should rate as a fairly good compliment.

I think Fury can't be ranked as an opponent of Wlad's yet until they have fought. Instinct tells me he could be something like top 5 or so, but he might only be top 10. My opinion is that Wladimir has faced so many good opponents, more than any other boxer, that it is very hard to tell the best from worst now even after they have fought let alone before!

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Excellent post - really exemplifies the difference between the two.

Wladimir will flatten Fury in 6. Fury's paper chin won't hold up.
          Sorry, who's paper chin?!

This upset will be so, so glorious.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
            Imagine if this lands on Fury

yep... sadly Wlad is no Cunningham
            Why would Fury stand in front of Wlad with his hand by his waist?

Comment

• Wladimir has a hard chin. There can be no doubt. He is the dominant champ surviving the most fights vs the hardest hitting opponents of all time. Furys chin is highly suspect by comparison:

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

This is funny on multiple levels for me...

Obviously I can chuckle with Yoz as it was nothing less than a dominant Wladimir performance and inevitable KO win for Wlad. "All the problems in the world" being a stretch of the imagination.

But I CAN see where Denium is going with this angle to be fair, because Thompson WAS able to both move for a time AND breach the Wladimir defence with his own combined size and skills.

But 1/ Thompson was eventually, just like the rest, charmed like a cobra, conditioned by a diet of jabs and straight rights to stand right in front of him IN THE END, ready to be knocked out.

And 2/ When Thompson did breach, he forced Wladimir to stand and fight. And of course, in those exchanges, Wlad dominated... Punch speed and punch power won him the fight!

Against Fury, punch quality will also secure Wlad the win, just as his overall strategy will simply reduce Fury.

Whilst I'm coming down squarely on the side of Wladimir now, I think it's necessary for me to say (because of trolls like Lacey boy) that it isn't because Fury is a poor class opponent. On the contrary I think he is a great opponent!! On many levels...

It's common knowledge that I don't rate Ali. Well I basically consider Fury a super-sized modern Ali. And while that doesn't strike a particular emotional cord with me so much, the fact I'm claiming Fury to be a "Super-Ali" for all nostalgic inclined readers by any measure, should rate as a fairly good compliment.

I think Fury can't be ranked as an opponent of Wlad's yet until they have fought. Instinct tells me he could be something like top 5 or so, but he might only be top 10. My opinion is that Wladimir has faced so many good opponents, more than any other boxer, that it is very hard to tell the best from worst now even after they have fought let alone before!

THIS! Even at his 40 he can overtake with his experience. Nobody in HW division doesn't have experience that he has.

You can't tell that guys like Fury, Joshua and Wilder are better than him until they beat him.
                  Last edited by oscar9992; 11-05-2015, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Thompson was clearly outboxing him. Even Steward in Wlad's corner said "You have to do something".

Comment

Thompson was clearly outboxing him. Even Steward in Wlad's corner said "You have to do something".

Cunningham was outboxing Fury on scorecards (57-55), Vitaly was outboxing Lewis on scorecards also (58-56).

But nobody gives a S***t about that.

Last edited by oscar9992; 11-05-2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X