No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    It's only concerning if you're a Fury fan, I find it amusing his fans believe Fury can live with that power for 12 rounds, or as if they believe Fury can outbox the champ for the duration.

I expect Fury will be staggered by the power of the Klitschko jab let alone the right hand.
    well,,,,,im a wlad fan and pulling for him but I also would like to see fury acquit himself well in losing

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
      It's only concerning if you're a Fury fan, I find it amusing his fans believe Fury can live with that power for 12 rounds, or as if they believe Fury can outbox the champ for the duration.

I expect Fury will be staggered by the power of the Klitschko jab let alone the right hand.
      The power is something a Klitschko opponent is always aware of, they don't know how damaging it is until they get hit, but they know it's there.

But Wlad's mobility and speed is what wins him his fights, especially against bigger guys.

Wlad will make Fury look like a big, uncoordinated guy, who's fast and coordinated for his size that he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
        Nahh, it will be Wlad's speed and mobility.
        Fury's uncle will have watched the meaningful fights with Klitschko, done some home work so to speak. I believe it was Jennings who stated before their respective fight Klitschko makes the same mistake every fight and he would capitalise on this, he did not elaborate further as it was likely just hyperbole, I'm sure Fury is attempting to convince himself their are *****s he can exploit and that Klitschko is on the decline as his British fan boys desperately cling to.

I thought the performance versus Pulev and Jennings were fairly comprehensive, aside from Klitschko is a slow starter as was the case in the Thompson rematch and other fights he has generally let the first round slip whilst figuring out his opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTL View Post
          I'm reading in this thread that it's wlad that won't get past fury's jab lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            the thing that worries me for fury is he hasnt faced anyone with even near the power of wlad. not sure if that will be a shock to his system or not
            Very few fighters ever face someone with the speed, precision and explosiveness of Wlad prior to fighting him. There's just aren't that many fighters out there with that sort of power, and those who do are being carefully manoeuvred to title shots of their own and therefor unlikely to fight other potential challengers on the way up (Parker, Joshua etc).

It's not a big deal though. Jennings, who by consensus opinion did the best out of any recent Klitschko opponent, had only fought relatively modest hitters before facing Wlad, and no one with his size or skill. Prior to that, Thompson hadn't fought any big hitters in his career (in 2008) and was good enough to give Wlad a few problems. It's not imperative to fight huge guys or monster hitters in order to do well against Klitschko, and so long as Fury is getting good sparring in the gym (did he eventually spar with Parker?) he should at least be mentally prepared for what Wlad brings.

Comment

• Wlad wont be able to get past the Fury jab...

Right!

Comment

• Fury never fought tall, power and skillful boxer as Wlad. He fought only short small boxers who couldn't land on him.

Only who could was Cunningham... and we saw what happened.
                Last edited by oscar9992; 11-08-2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                  Fury never fought tall, power and skillful boxer as Wlad. He fought only short small boxers who couldn't land on him.

Only who could was Cunningham... and we saw what happened.
                  Who could he have fought that possibly prepared him for Wlad? Wlad is unique in the division, except for Joshua who is similar but more aggressive.

People in the past have fought big guys, but they also didn't succeed.

As Fury says, if he's good enough he'll win, if not he'll lose.

Comment

• Really excited for this fight, as a Brit I'll obviously be supporting Fury however I have always liked Wlad he seems like a top bloke to me so I wouldn't be massively upset if Wlad did win.

For me, it's not one of them fights where you can simply say who is going to win and be 100% sure of it. There are more variables than a usual Wlad fight imo , Fury is extremely versatile and also is taller than wladimir with the ability to fight inside which should mean he can land some punches when wlad goes to clinch etc.

It's really really hard to gauge exactly where Fury is right now, in my opinion he's not really a "concussive puncher" and I very much doubt he'll win this fight by sparking Wlad out, having watched pretty much all of Fury's fights its fair to say he doesn't really have as much 1 punch power as Wlad, but although Fury has been down twice I wouldn't necessarily call him chinny as both times he's got up and recovered extremely quickly and gone on to stop the people he was facing. Also, people continuously knock Fury's resume etc but in fairness compared to most of the top heavyweights records its pretty good, he's beaten Chisora twice (once when Chisora was still undefeated and a genuine prospect albeit very overweight) , he's beaten Kevin Johnson whose only loss in a 12 round fight at the time was to Vitali on points, He's beaten Steve Cunningham whose a former world champ, he's beaten Christian Hammer who although I would say is complete **** he was still ranked around 20th at the time of the fight on boxrec I believe. For a 27 year old his resume isn't half bad IMO.

Having said all that, Fury has definitely never been in the ring with anyone anyway near as good as Wladimir Klitschko, for me Klitschko may be limited in what he actually does, but the stuff he does do he is by far the best in the business at, his jab is arguably one of the best heavyweight jabs in history and I think it shocks most people that get in the ring with him who really struggle to get past it (although Fury's height advantage may be able to negate this in part) , also the footwork and hand Speed of wlad is massively underrated, I remember watching talking to a few mates before the Haye v Wlad fight who said Wlad's footwork and handspeed would let him down and allow Haye to easily get inside, they were pretty badly mistaken on that one and its the first time I truly admired both of them assets he possesses. Also, defensively Wlad has improved massively over the last 10 or so years and to be honest he's barely fought anyone whose even landed half as many punches as him over that time.

I think Fury brings a lot of bravado to fights for 2 reasons, obviously to sell the fight but also to try to get inside the other guy's mind, to just put that 1% thought in the other persons mind that Fury shouldn't be taken seriously. E.g him saying he may retire after this fight is a blatant mind game IMO to try to get Wlad to take him lightly or to at least sub consciously expect it to be an easier night than it will be.

For me, this fight could go a number of ways and there are massive questions going into the fight, namely, when the first right hand detonates on Furys chin, how will he react? Will Fury be able to use his footwork and superior height to negate Wlad's clinching on the inside?

For me, I really think this has the potential to be a close fight, if Fury boxes smart I think he could win the early rounds and really make this fight close, ultimately if I had to say what is the most likely outcome I think I'd go with a Wlad stoppage in about round 10 or Wlad to win a close fight on points, but I would not be shocked at all if Fury wins the fight on points (providing the judges don't rob him).

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X