No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Who could he have fought that possibly prepared him for Wlad? Wlad is unique in the division, except for Joshua who is similar but more aggressive.

People in the past have fought big guys, but they also didn't succeed.

As Fury says, if he's good enough he'll win, if not he'll lose.
    Nobody, but the fact remains he could have faced at least a single B class opponent instead of these D and C level scrubs. He has clearly been carefully matched against guys who can not punch or at least are not recognised as big punchers within the division, yet that nearly had disastrous consequences likely the reason he was so desperate to cash out versus Haye averting Pulev in the process, an opponent not only recognised as a more powerful opponent he has faced to date but a guy who had preciously stopped two guys Fury's size.

Having faced and defeated somebody like Pulev, Ustinov or even Price guys he simply would not have been able to rely on his size to beat but rather skills I believe Fury would have folk believing he may have a better shot versus the champ, yet for one reason or another Fury was guided away from all these trickier tests, evidently for good reason given the fact Fury does not take punches so well from feather fisted cruisers.

Comment

• I don't think Sky want Tyson to win - you can see their against him.
      (see the careful editing of videos)
      They obviously support Wlad.
      It's also self-evident in pictures they put on the Sky website and in newspapers.

As for Oliver Holt I expected a journalist to twist Tyson's words (see Daily Mail article)

Personally I don't trust Wlad and his team - IF Wlad is clean Fury beats him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post
        I don't think Sky want Tyson to win - you can see their against him.
        It's also self-evident in pictures they put on the Sky website and in newspapers.

As for Oliver Holt I expected a journalist to twist Tyson's words (see Daily Mail article)

This is what it's coming to? Even Fury's fans know Fury has no chance and must accuse Wlad for roids

Comment

• Originally posted by NapoleonCake View Post

This is what it's coming to? Even Fury's fans know Fury has no chance and must accuse Wlad for roids

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
            Nobody, but the fact remains he could have faced at least a single B class opponent instead of these D and C level scrubs. He has clearly been carefully matched against guys who can not punch or at least are not recognised as big punchers within the division, yet that nearly had disastrous consequences likely the reason he was so desperate to cash out versus Haye averting Pulev in the process, an opponent not only recognised as a more powerful opponent he has faced to date but a guy who had preciously stopped two guys Fury's size.

Having faced and defeated somebody like Pulev, Ustinov or even Price guys he simply would not have been able to rely on his size to beat but rather skills I believe Fury would have folk believing he may have a better shot versus the champ, yet for one reason or another Fury was guided away from all these trickier tests, evidently for good reason given the fact Fury does not take punches so well from feather fisted cruisers.

Absolutely spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post
              I don't think Sky want Tyson to win - you can see their against him.

I think it is all tactical by Sky, I mean is Fury vs Klitschko really deserving of a ppv ? I do not believe so, but then you had Bellew fighting a ppv headliner so I suppose this is actually good value as opposed to some of these other cards featuring Bellew and Brook versus guys like Dan and Gavin !

The point I was coming to is if Joshua is to face the victor it's instantly a ppv, as this fight previously sets the precedent, Joshua is like a Wilder type figure how he has been brought along against no hopers, and been built up to be this all conquering behemoth. It would appear Hearn has been paying close attention to the template set by Haymon, yet Hearn has perfected it somewhat.

Comment

• Fury is a stylistic nightmare for Wlad and will stop him in the late rounds after frustrating him and bullying him. I can't wait til fight night so I can come here and serve some crow to the non-believers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post

He fought Chisora twice. Chisora is a B level opponent for heavyweight. Beat Helenius and gave Vitali a good fight.

Who did Pulev fight before Klitschko? Ustinov and Dimitrenko? 45 year old Tony Thompson? Please.

What about Haye? John Ruiz and Audley Harrison.

Or any of the other guys?

No one at heavyweight have been fighting any solid opposition aside from Povetkin. And that didn't help him much.

As I said, if Fury is good enough he will win. If not, he'll lose.

Poolev the guy sucks dude,
                  Last edited by LacedUp; 11-08-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• I like Wlad but Tyson is really one cool cat. I just hope that this fight delivers, may the better man win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luiz View Post

Damn that looks so much better than the one HBO does can't wait to watch it

Comment

Working...
                      X