Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Boxing be Dead after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
    Their 2 biggest stars are injured right now (GSP and Anderson Silva). Rousey is about 4th after Jon jones (currently active).

Also UFC do fights pretty much bi-weekly I believe. Boxing only has a few big events per year. If you look at all the boxing PPV sales per year added together and do the same for the UFC, the UFC's number would dwarf boxing's number like Sharapova dwarfed Mayweather.
    nah man you know your wrong just stop with the BS ... UFC is dropping viewers left and right

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
      Who would Sell the PPVs???

I'm afraid MMA/UFC might just take Over

Edit: I didn't really mean exactly 'Dead' what I meant was would it take a huge step back & lose a lot of viewers also hide in the shadows for some while when these 2 would retire? and the growing popularity of other Combat sports really fears me to think so.
      Hell no! If all u do is watch PAC and Floyd fights, you're missing out on so much stuff it's not even funny. So when u think about that, you will get the answe to your question. Maybe no million sold in ppv but idc and we the fans (most atleast) don't care about the buys. We care about the fights.

Comment

Boxing's not going anywhere. Look at this list of fighters:

Crawford
        Thurman
        Danny Garcia
        Tyson Fury
        Joshua
        Ruiz Jr
        Wilder
        Porter
        Roman Gonzalez
        Andrade
        Canelo

Comment

Dont be scared, bro. It's only the internet.

As for the rest of it, I guess you dont realise that nobody cares about what YOU want. We are all talking about boxing fans at large, not lil' old larry.
          Larry may be a lot of things, and I don't know him personally, but I have a hunch scared is not one of them. He was trying to hunt down and kill Mr. Curtis Jackson and TI. #AllHailLunaticLarry

Comment

MMA fans have been saying their sport would take over boxing for how long? And it still hasn't happened.

And there are still plenty of big fights to make in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
              Please don't post or create threads about stupid **** like this ever again.

You know what I said is true, most boxing fans are fans of just 1-2 fighters and thats the Truth. If Mayweather and Pacman would retire tomorrow then boxing would lose a hell lot of viewers.

Comment

There's no one organisation trying to grow boxing (like the UFC). Instead, they have 2 organisations (TR and GB; or TR and Al Haymon) trying to bring down the other. Because of this divide, we get bogus decisions, way too many PPV fights, and fights that the fans dont want.

That is why MMA/UFC is taking over. It's much, much bigger than just Manny and Floyd.
                I love the irony of an MMA fan saying boxing has too many PPV fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  Hell no! If all u do is watch PAC and Floyd fights, you're missing out on so much stuff it's not even funny. So when u think about that, you will get the answe to your question. Maybe no million sold in ppv but idc and we the fans (most atleast) don't care about the buys. We care about the fights.

Never said I only watch Mayweather/Pac fights,I'm a big boxing fan but sad that even with Mayweather and Pacquiao boxing still is a minor sport, its not even top 10 in the US where its most big at, where would it go if these 2 would retire? Just look at espn.com for USA. Boxing isn't a regular category on the nav bar. It's in the "more sports".

Comment

If MMA wasn't that gay I would actually watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      Boxing's not going anywhere. Look at this list of fighters:

Crawford
                      Thurman
                      Danny Garcia
                      Tyson Fury
                      Joshua
                      Ruiz Jr
                      Wilder
                      Porter
                      Roman Gonzalez
                      Andrade
                      Canelo
                      All those guys will be dust in a couple of years.. I got two words for you..

Félix El Diamante Verdejo

PRPP

Comment

Working...
                      X