No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] "Andre Ward is too much for me" - Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    I do know this. If Ward does not get back on the saddle soon and get his name out there again, the fight will never happen. If Golovkin keeps riding this uphill wave of popularity, and becomes a marquee name, the Ward fight will never happen. He needs that momentum himself, otherwise the risk/reward ratio will become even higher as far as Golovkins people see it.

I personally feel the fight had a better chance of happening 2 years ago. Golovkin was completely unknown and looking to make a name for himself. Now he is popular, and his people will want to protect that investment. Same with Ward going to 175. He and his manager knows it is riskier being there. He is staying put also. Ward though really has to work out his promotional issues or his career will falter. He needs to do it ASAP.
    I was thinking the exact same thing and posted something similar yesterday. How crazy is it that GGG is on the verge of becoming bigger than Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
      It's not like the just with fighters/boxers, it's like that everywhere and to anyone. Once u move up and is in a high position there's no need for u to be doing hard work anymore.
      Golovkin hasn't exactly done anything ground breaking. His best win is probably Matthew Macklin ffs.

The hype talk doesn't correlate with the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        I was thinking the exact same thing and posted something similar yesterday. How crazy is it that GGG is on the verge of becoming bigger than Ward?
        It is all about momentum. I wish I could figure out Andre's and Freddy's mindsets. They got too big and scary, then decided to sit still.

I can see why Ward is pissed. His Management and Promotional team were ****. He was handled wrong. You see Golovkin's team, doing photoshoots with Hockey and Baseball teams, wearing their jerseys, promotional videos etc. His promotional team really put him out there. That helped 10 fold.

They pushed his name out big time in New York and LA...those markets alone, when you get your face out there, can make you big quick.
        Last edited by deanrw; 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Yeah but to be fair...HE IS NOT AT 168 YET!

The man haven't even done anything at 160 yet, can he at least clean out his Division and Unify titles first before talking about Ward at 168?

GGG fans are the ones doing him a disservice by jumping the gun and talking about how he would "KNOCK EVERYBODY OUT" including Ward

Of course when Ward sees that Ignorant Stuff on his Social Media Page and the boxing Media is asking him about it, OF COURSE as a fighter he is going to issue a challenge. So no Ward is not the one calling him out, it is the ****** GGG fans who are trying to match this guy up with everybody as high as Light Heavyweight to as low as Light Welterweight

As for Ward, he needs to get active, he needs at least 1 fight this year and about 3 Fights next year. I don't know WTF he is doing right now but it is not helping him get any closer to a Big Payday sitting on HBO calling matches.
          Last edited by sicko; 07-17-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            It is all about momentum. I wish I could figure out Andre's and Freddy's mindsets. They got too big and scary, then decided to sit still.

I can see why Ward is pissed. His Management and Promotional team were ****. He was handled wrong. You see Golovkin's team, doing photoshoots with Hockey and Baseball teams, wearing their jerseys, promotional videos etc. His promotional team really put him out there. That helped 10 fold.

They pushed his name out big time in New York and LA...those markets alone, when you get your face out there, can make you big quick.
            Yeah I'm still absorbing the fact that GG is about to do big #'s at MSG. I repeat, if he gets a Cotto or Canelo next year, he will be boxing's next biggest star.

For Ward, it's a tough position to be in, not unlike Roy Jones after he beat Toney. You've paid your dues but the big money fights are a division below you. Ultimately, Jones moved up. Ward will probably hold out for GGG but he will have to go to 175 too. In the meantime, he and his team are not doing themselves any favors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Lara is Showtime/Al Haymon. GGG is HBO.

But you knew that.
              Thats not the point. When Lara called them out they were scared and ducking. They didnt even try to make the fight, they didnt act like they wanted it or anyting. Everything they said made it clear that they wanted none of it.

They wont fight anyone bro. And look how they treating Ward, he fights on HBO.

"We have plenty of respect for you Lara" I cant remember, but didnt they say that mess when Lara punked them? Sounds like something you say to a crazy street cat bringing the funk to you. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Plutonium View Post
                Mackling was supposed to be his biggest test, next day after the fight he's a "bum", Stevens was suppose to KO GGG, next day after the fight he was another "bum". Ppl wanted to c GGG fight a top MW and he's fighting Geale, former WBA and IBF champion, but apparently he's also a bum. Who in the MW can GGG fight who isn't called "a bum"?
                Dude Macklin WAS a bum and WAS his biggest test. Thats pathetic that your biggest test is MACKLIN. Fool Mack has always been a bum lol.

I dont remember ANYONE saying Stevenson would KO GGG.

They need to cancel this Geale fight and fight Ward right now, why not? This fight shouldnt even be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  It's the same. All these fighters yap on about how they'll fight anyone any time, any where when they need attention but as soon as they start to get some fame, they start to be selective.

Williams made Martinez go up to middleweight for the first fight. Then in the rematch he started making all kinds of demands for catchweights n ****. Took ages to get that fight on.
                  Reminds me of Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Yeah I'm still absorbing the fact that GG is about to do big #'s at MSG. I repeat, if he gets a Cotto or Canelo next year, he will be boxing's next biggest star.

For Ward, it's a tough position to be in, not unlike Roy Jones after he beat Toney. You've paid your dues but the big money fights are a division below you. Ultimately, Jones moved up. Ward will probably hold out for GGG but he will have to go to 175 too. In the meantime, he and his team are not doing themselves any favors.
                    Golovkin's first pitch. He should have learned his lesson from 50 Cent LOL

Comment

Looks like he or Ward have hit the "lottery" early 2015( not May.)

Mayweather-Golovkin@60
                      or
                      Mayweather -Ward@60

Remember where you heard it first.

Comment

Working...
                      X