Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who currently so far is the leading candidate for fighter of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Wasn't Crawford the favourite? and the champion?
    Yes, that's very true. However, by many boxing fans he was still considered a green paper champion, who was stepping up in competition against by some, one of the most elite fighters in the game and also the best fighter he has ever challenged in his career; Whom was also a former champion in multiple weight classes and a former decorator amateur as well.

Comment

If Canelo gets another solid win (e.g. Kirkland or Vanes), I don't see anyone else getting the award.

Crawford does deserve an honorable mention, but he was a big favourite against both Burns and Gamboa. Burns was actually seen as an easy mark after two terrible showings in a row.

Manny won't get it. Bradley is a good win, but Algieri is a no hoper.

Comment

If Canelo fights Demetrius Boo Boo Andrade and beats him, then he can win the award, Kirkland isn't the same anymore, he's also not champion or more known than Demetrius like that neither was Lara. Canelo still have some questions, that's need to be answered...

Mayweather if he knocks out Maidana in his next fight, then he should win because that will great ending to a masterpiece rugged performance last time out. Finishing your foe after figuring him out will be marvelous to see.

Hopkins is definitely going to be favored for FOTY if he fights Kovalev and destroys him. I really feel this will happen, if so it's no arguing that Hopkins is undisputed the FOTY, especially if KOs Kovalev which I think he will.

Pacquaio was definitely impressing this year but has now taken an unreasonable fight. It's really sucks ****..

Comment

Originally posted by cleming View Post
          Manny Pacquiao is the only fighter to have win over a pound for pound fighter so far ...
          Miguel Cotto over Sergio Martinez?

Originally posted by Slick Veteran View Post
          If Canelo fights Demetrius Boo Boo Andrade and beats him, then he can win the award, Kirkland isn't the same anymore, he's also not champion or more known than Demetrius like that neither was Lara. Canelo still have some questions, that's need to be answered...

Mayweather if he knocks out Maidana in his next fight, then he should win because that will great ending to a masterpiece rugged performance last time out. Finishing your foe after figuring him out will be marvelous to see.

Hopkins is definitely going to be favored for FOTY if he fights Kovalev and destroys him. I really feel this will happen, if so it's no arguing that Hopkins is undisputed the FOTY, especially if KOs Kovalev which I think he will.

Pacquaio was definitely impressing this year but has now taken an unreasonable fight. It's really sucks ****..
          lol gtfo, he fought him twice and was expected to KO or win dominantly the first time as a heavy favorite. Also Maidana isn't even that good.

Mind you, he'll probably get consideration such is the pull he has with the media.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 07-17-2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Herrera.....

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              Wow! I'm more than a little surprise that there is no honorable mention of Terence Crawford; Who just recently dethroned the undefeated and former 2004 Olympic Gold medalist Yuriorkis Gamboa in one of the biggest boxing's upsets of the year.
              Damn, I totally forgot about terrence crawford.

Comment

lol @ this poll. I picked other.

The 4 fighters who I think have a chance this year are:

Floyd
                Algieri
                Maidana
                Yaegashi

Comment

Manny was the leading guy until they scheduled Algeiri

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Manny was the leading guy until they scheduled Algeiri