Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Khan and Maidana had a rematch, who would be the A-side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I don't care how much he's making. Maidana's star has gotten brighter while Khan's has dimmed. Maidana will have 2 fights with Floyd while Khan is still begging for an opportunity. And as I said, Maidana is headlining while Khan is still on undercards.
    To elaborate Khan is obviously worth that much to be paid the same as the main event fighter. He shall be relevant regardless, because he is a true star, while Chino is just riding the wave of Mexican-Americans getting behind him for now. We'll see where he goes after he loses his next fight.

Maidana only got the second fight due to Khan being unavailable. This whole Khan begging for the opportunity is old stuff now.

"If Amir Khan wants to flight Floyd Mayweather, we're going to fight on Sept. 13," Ellerbe said.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...d-coming-weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      It's called being flavour of the month. Once Maidana loses to Floyd again, no one will really care about him any more. Khan was never going to fight Floyd in September anyway.
      Precisely.

As I've stated a few times that he is just being talked about because Mexican-American fans are behind him, which makes a huge difference given the ethnic make up of U.S. and their involvement in boxing. Put him against one of theirs and we'll see how bright that star shines or even after this fight we'll see.

He only got the 2nd bout cuz Khan was unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Well to be fair I think it would be huge in Argentina also, but as an outsider the UK has a great atmosphere and has great stadiums, and Wembley would be an honor for any fighter to headline in imo.
        British fans will be there to see Khan. They pay in one of the strongest currencies in the world and it will be for Khan, so who would be the A side in that? Especially if it is PPV. Money dictates everything as we know.

Remember Khan was on UK PPV for his learning fights, so filling up an arena isn't a problem. He can do that without Chino.

Comment

Khan would be the A side he has always been the A side. He has a lot of haters and fans that don't even watch boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
            Khan and thats not even Questionable.
            right.....

khan is the fighter pac and floyd will not fight..

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Khan vs Maidana II would sell out Wembley, Maidana would walk out second.

Are you in your damn senses? You think Khan would walk out second if they fight here in the Uk LOL? What makes you think that, seriously.

Comment

Look Khan might not be well liked in the Uk but he's very well known and is a house hold name almost everyone knows who he is. He is a big draw and I have no doubt in my mind that his fight against Kell Brook would sell out Wembley in no time..

His fight against Diaz was a sell out at Motorpoint Arena Sheffield and thats Brook's hometown, remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  khantards cant comprehend what you just said, in their minds its still 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by King Canelo View Post

You sure you're from the Uk mate? lol, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Uklad View Post
                      You sure you're from the Uk mate? lol, just curious.
                      Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                      X