No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    Wow, see? ... it would be extremely disrespectful and unfair if they give people like Pretty Boy free passes when they have punished people in the past for the exact same thing.

Please report him as well!

#JusticeForAll #BanPrettyBoy #Equality?
    Your an idiot
    I won't get banned it was a genuine mistake. I have asked the moderators to consolidate or delete the thread,
    Now your going on ignore for being an annoying little troll.

Comment

• I'm pretty amazed that some boxing fans make an issue out of this when it was painfully obvious that Pacquiao was looking to catch Algieri with the big shot by timing his fist to connect while Algieri was sliding to his own left. And this happened many many times.

Pacquiao's left wouldn't have connected the way it did in rounds 6 and 9 if he were cutting off the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMNTForever View Post
        I'm pretty amazed that some boxing fans make an issue out of this when it was painfully obvious that Pacquiao was looking to catch Algieri with the big shot by timing his fist to connect while Algieri was sliding to his own left. And this happened many many times.

Pacquiao's left wouldn't have connected the way it did in rounds 6 and 9 if he were cutting off the ring.
        They call for my head for pointing this completely obvious thing out. It's hilarious.

Comment

• Hard to chase all 12 rounds and yet he still put on a clinic.

Comment

• Pacquiao could've done whatever the fúck he wanted and won that fight in a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              They call for my head for pointing this completely obvious thing out. It's hilarious.
              Cutting off the ring is very simple. It's lateral movement. That's it. Nothing special about it. Very basic.

It's very obvious that Pacquiao has lateral movement. His bread and butter shot is the straight left coming straight down the pipe and that's the shot he's looking for. Cutting off the ring from his southpaw stance against an orthodox stance is counter productive to the shots he's looking for.

You could tell he was trying to catch Algieri down the middle while Algieri was moving and that's exactly what happened.

People with Mayweather avatars or Mayweather inspired screen names think they're being slick when they bring up this stuff about cutting off the ring. "Pac can't cut off the ring"etc. And it's funny because he was cutting the ring off from Bradley plenty of times in the rematch.

Nobody is calling for your head. Just calling you out for a misdirected critique of boxing.
              Last edited by ReIoaded; 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• It's because algeri ran circles all night. Any southpaw fighting a right hand fighter would look like this.

Comment

• compare canelo vs lara to this fight....

Comment

• Manny looked great cutting off the ring

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      Manny looked great cutting off the ring
                      You know nothing about being in the ring and how to cut it off, so don't comment.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X