Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara: De La Hoya Knows Canelo Got a Gift!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired hearing Lara's crying now. Move on, get another fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Yep. And Compubox don't mean shit, either. I wouldn't mention it unless maybe I landed 300 punches and my opponent landed 100.

But, hey, this guy's trying to get paid. Lara's gonna keep something like 500k (I don't know if he's getting a small cut of the PPV). That's more money than he ever dreamed of back in Cuba. I'm sure he wants a little more of that honey.
      Fine even if we take compubox out of the equation please explain to me why the vast majority of boxing journalist and trainers all think Canelo won. I mean let's be real here, Lara clearly could've stayed in the pocket and won that fight. What he did in the first three rounds was nice but you've got guys like Floyd Sr calling him a flat out runner. There were some serious points in that fight where Lara wasn't throwing a single punch and circling the entire ring. He gifted away a TON OF ROUNDS he could've won with more activity. I've stated over and over again this is the big leagues, judges handling big events take into account the crowds perception of the fight as well. You can't paw at your opponent an entire round and think you'll win that round. Effective aggression will always win on the cards.
      Last edited by turnedup; 07-14-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Canelos teams body language did say it all. Ronnie Shields was right, they should've never took this fight.

Canelo was supposed to shut Lara up but instead he was outboxed and looked bad nearly all the fight, hitting the ropes, missing wildly, punching elbows.

Comment

I had it 8-4 for Lara, a gift is a true statement. Lara does need to let his hands go more, but even so, he does not deserve to be robbed. They'll avoid the rematch like the plague, and fight a style more suited for Canelo. I hear Kirkland is on the menu, definitely shouldn't be ppc tho

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Canelos teams body language did say it all. Ronnie Shields was right, they should've never took this fight.

Canelo was supposed to shut Lara up but instead he was outboxed and looked bad nearly all the fight, hitting the ropes, missing wildly, punching elbows.
            You are right i thought i was watching boxing not a damn ufc fight

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

laras body language during the entire fight was like survival mode...
              he looked scared...
              you can say all you want but must people dont agree with you... dont believe me just look at the polls...
              oh i forgot to mention pacs body language after pac-marquez 3..
              that is some telling body language...

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Fine even if we take compubox out of the equation please explain to me why the vast majority of boxing journalist and trainers all think Canelo won. I mean let's be real here, Lara clearly could've stayed in the pocket and won that fight. What he did in the first three rounds was nice but you've got guys like Floyd Sr calling him a flat out runner. There were some serious points in that fight where Lara wasn't throwing a single punch and circling the entire ring. He gifted away a TON OF ROUNDS he could've won with more activity. I've stated over and over again this is the big leagues, judges handling big events take into account the crowds perception of the fight as well. You can't paw at your opponent an entire round and think you'll win that round. Effective aggression will always win on the cards.
                floyd sr doesn't compliment any fighter other than his son besides he doesn't want any part of lara too.
                effective aggression = missing wildly
                but i agree with u lara should of pressed more as he was the b side.

Comment

Lara should've done more, but he funny thing is, many people thought Algeri won, and I think Lara deserved the win more than Algeri. I guess that's the way the ball bounces.

Comment

Linda Lara! stop your crying you Nena! you know Canelo had you like a bitc! with high heels on once you felt those blows to the body, thought you where doing the moon walk for most of the fight punk!
                    Last edited by Toltec77; 07-14-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Lara fans

Lara did not win this fight. He had his chance as a headliner and performed as if he was still fighting as an amateur and would be judged as so. Dan Rafael is one of the most respected boxing experts in the business and is always neutral when scoring a big fight. Lara and Shields blew their opportunity to be great. Canelo beat him on being aggressive and landing some hard shots to the head and body. Lara can compare himself all he wants to Floyd, but Floyd stood in the pocket with Canelo. Lara can say hello to ESPN or Fox. He will never headline again

Comment

Working...
                      X