Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs Saul Alvarez.. Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canelo 116-112

Comment

• i had it 117 to 111 for canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
        i had it 117 to 111 for canelo.
        lol Quit it bro you're going to make lara fans have a stroke

Comment

• lara 116-112. could see canelo get a draw at best, a W is downright preposterous.

Comment

• Thought Lara won it, but it was close.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              lara 116-112. could see canelo get a draw at best, a W is downright preposterous.
              ^This. I thought Lara won 116-112 or 115-113. I thought he won clearly. There were some close rounds, but he won. Canelo just wasn't effective. I gave Lara the rounds he won due to ring generalship, and clean, effective punching.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of either man, so I'm completely indifferent. But from what I can tell, this was clearly a decision which favored the more marketable fighter.

And I guess Lara has to know, that with his style, he's going to lose some decisions here and there. I also thought he beat Paul Williams. When you fight that style though, you have to expect to lose some close decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
                ^This. I thought Lara won 116-112 or 115-113. I thought he won clearly. There were some close rounds, but he won. Canelo just wasn't effective. I gave Lara the rounds he won due to ring generalship, and clean, effective punching.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of either man, so I'm completely indifferent. But from what I can tell, this was clearly a decision which favored the more marketable fighter.

And I guess Lara has to know, that with his style, he's going to lose some decisions here and there. I also thought he beat Paul Williams. When you fight that style though, you have to expect to lose some close decisions.
                I've been saying that over and over in the aftermath of this fight. If Lara doesn't change his approach, he'll never win the big ones. Never. Sure, he'll outclass inferior competition, but he'll never again see, much less win on, the big stage.

Comment

• i had it 117 to 111 for canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                    i had it 117 to 111 for canelo.
                    Are you fucking blind?

Comment

• Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                      Are you fucking blind?

no im just not cuban, lmfao. nah but forealz the right man won tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X