Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs Saul Alvarez.. Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    i think i gave 8 or 9 rounds to lara

levi martinez gave salido vs loma to loma - i guess he didnt like salido's hip shots but liked it when canelo did it

and compubox definitely counted shots that hit lara's elbows

that judge also scored shumy vs campillo for campillo 9-3 and campillo was the one moving......

as a true boxing fan and not a nuthugger, i only have a problem with that judge being in boxing

it obviously was not incompetence , it was corruption

but thats boxing, we have been boxing fans long enough to know this stuff happens

lara should have known too...........

canelo impressed me with his chin and mentality

that guy is gonna go far
    im glad you moved on, good for you...
    nice avi by the way...

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      I'm not giving Canelo credit for being aggressive and swinging and missing the majority of the time. That's ineffective aggression and isn't supposed to be rewarded on the scorecards.

He's not barely missing most of the time either.
      Exactly. Lara controlled the ring and had the better defense, 2 scoring criteria that some Canelo fans chose to ignore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Exactly. Lara controlled the ring and had the better defense, 2 scoring criteria that some Canelo fans chose to ignore.
        ring generalship - lara
        defense - lara
        clean punching - lara
        effective aggressiveness - given how many punches canelo missed he was not that effective

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Absoultely true. But they're two of the less important criteria. Punches landed and effective aggression, in that order, are more important. This is where the scoring can become muddled. Some of those rounds were tough to score. And guess who's gonna get the benefit of the doubt...the busier, more aggressive fighter.

Lara did it to himself, bro. The more I think about it, the more I blame him. I need to rewatch the fight. I'll do that in a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Absoultely true. But they're two of the less important criteria. Punches landed and effective aggression, in that order, are more important. This is where the scoring can become muddled. Some of those rounds were tough to score. And guess who's gonna get the benefit of the doubt...the busier, more aggressive fighter.

Lara did it to himself, bro. The more I think about it, the more I blame him. I need to rewatch the fight. I'll do that in a few days.
            Thank you, lets just not give anybody the effective aggression category ehh? lol canelo was the only one that wanted to be there and rightfully got the 2 out of the 4 more important scoring criteria on his side.

Comment

• lol @ ' being impressed with canelos chin ' ...huh ? when was it ever tested??

and ' the canelo fans forgot about defence and bla bla bla '

i am not a canelo fan and actually i had a huge bet on lara to win on pts which i quickly cashed out on by round 7/8, when i realised lara was just gunna run all fight and land a few potshots here and there.

lara clearly lost the fight IMHO
              i honestly dont know how these guys are saying he won by throwing 2 punches at a time and then running....really bemusing stuff.
              get over it he lost and whats worse is hes a really bad loser by the way he conducted himself post fight interview.

Comment

• 115-113 Lara. At least 3 swings rounds so I can see it for Canelo as well. Obviously 9-3 looks like a card that was in before the fight started.

Lara after the Williams fight has to know he isn't gong to win a decision like that. Too close. Neither guy had enough activity, Real power, enough urgency. To be honest the fight was s--t. More entertaining fights to be made with canelo, move on

How bout that Molina Lara rematch, who likes the sound of that

Comment

• Originally posted by uncle_ray View Post
                  115-113 Lara. At least 3 swings rounds so I can see it for Canelo as well. Obviously 9-3 looks like a card that was in before the fight started.
                  That is precisely the way I see it.

Originally posted by uncle_ray View Post
                  Lara after the Williams fight has to know he isn't gong to win a decision like that. Too close. Neither guy had enough activity, Real power, enough urgency. To be honest the fight was s--t. More entertaining fights to be made with canelo, move on

How bout that Molina Lara rematch, who likes the sound of that
                  Lara was far more active in the Williams fight. As far as a Molina rematch goes, I wouldn't mind seeing it just to clear the air. But Molina is boring just by himself, so....

Comment

• Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                    Thank you, lets just not give anybody the effective aggression category ehh? lol canelo was the only one that wanted to be there and rightfully got the 2 out of the 4 more important scoring criteria on his side.
                    Again, some of that becomes muddled and open to interpretation. Canelo was obviously the aggressor. But the criteria specifies effective aggression. How effective Saul was is up for debate. He definitely followed Lara around the ring and threw punches on occasion, but he often missed badly. Does that qualify as "effective"? I'm sure some people think so.

I'm not a fan of Compubox, because it can be misleading. But it can be a tool. If you were to go strictly by punches landed/thrown on a round-by-round basis, Lara wins 7-4 (with the twelfth dead even at 12/43 punches landed/thrown). But it's not so simple. What were the quality of the punches? And are the numbers even accurate? Remember, these are just a couple of dudes pushing buttons during the fight. They're human. They make mistakes. That's why I take Compubox with a grain of salt.

Close fight, and with the clash of styles, more difficult than usual to judge. I'll never, ever get 117-111. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Again, some of that becomes muddled and open to interpretation. Canelo was obviously the aggressor. But the criteria specifies effective aggression. How effective Saul was is up for debate. He definitely followed Lara around the ring and threw punches on occasion, but he often missed badly. Does that qualify as "effective"? I'm sure some people think so.

I'm not a fan of Compubox, because it can be misleading. But it can be a tool. If you were to go strictly by punches landed/thrown on a round-by-round basis, Lara wins 7-4 (with the twelfth dead even at 12/43 punches landed/thrown). But it's not so simple. What were the quality of the punches? And are the numbers even accurate? Remember, these are just a couple of dudes pushing buttons during the fight. They're human. They make mistakes. That's why I take Compubox with a grain of salt.

Close fight, and with the clash of styles, more difficult than usual to judge. I'll never, ever get 117-111. lol
                      The criteria for scoring in this sport is very arbitrary.

On another note, this sport is very unpredictable. Before the fight, if I were told by the ghost of boxing future that Lara would look good early on, finish relatively strong, rarely be hit to the head, keep Canelo at a low connect%, and never be kd, visible hurt, wobbled etc., I'd be confident that he'd win. Even the most ardent Canelo fans would be worried if they were told the same thing lol.

But even with all that, it was a close fight that could've gone either way.

Comment

Working...
                      X