Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs Saul Alvarez.. Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    118-109 Canelo over Trout
    114-114 draw with Floyd
    117-111 over Lara

How can anybody not look at this funny? Those aren't scores of judges looking at the fight objectively.
    I agree it always seems one judge is in his favor.....

But

If we're just looking at how the fight played out and the eventual winner, I can't complain with him being the winner of Trout and Lara

Comment

I voted draw, the fight could have gone either way, and Lara really blew it. Why he gave away the 12th, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        118-109 Canelo over Trout
        114-114 draw with Floyd
        117-111 over Lara

How can anybody not look at this funny? Those aren't scores of judges looking at the fight objectively.
        Lara has a legit reason to feel wronged because of that scorecard. Clearly that judge wasn't going to score for him no matter what.

The fight itself could have gone either way though. Lara has no one to blame but himself for losing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          canelo won. i never said a boxer ran in my whole life. this is a first: Lara ran. i was rooting for him too. shameful. he did nothing in his biggest fight and stage.

Irony of this with a Floyd Mayweather Jr avatar.

Comment

6-6 for me

Comment

If you're comparing Mayweather "running" against Guerrero to what Lara did.....oh my lord

Mayweather thoroughly out classes Guerrero and landed loads of power punches, and telling shots. And was barely touched in the process.

Lara flicked his jab, ran around, didn't sit on any punches, ate body shots, and let Canelo force the entire fight basically.

Good god...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I voted draw, the fight could have gone either way, and Lara really blew it. Why he gave away the 12th, I have no idea.
                Then you don't have any idea on why Lara "blew it"?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  If you're comparing Mayweather "running" against Guerrero to what Lara did.....oh my lord

Mayweather thoroughly out classes Guerrero and landed loads of power punches, and telling shots. And was barely touched in the process.

Same with Lara vs Canelo. Lara outjabbed him & landed more power shots & the only one whose head was getting snapped back was Canelo's and he barely got touched either 15 headshots over 12 rounds to be precise. Bodyshots was few and far between and most on the hips and elbows

Lara flicked his jab, ran around, didn't sit on any punches, ate body shots, and let Canelo force the entire fight basically.

Good god...
                  Exactly what Floyd did vs Guerrero, ran and flicked his jab, didn't sit down on anything and potshotted his way to a stinking U.D

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Then you don't have any idea on why Lara "blew it"?
                    I don't have any idea why Lara treated the final round as if he had already won the fight. It was very much up for grabs and he treated it as a formality.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Irony of this with a Floyd Mayweather Jr avatar.

Maybe he doesn't kiss Mayweather's a$$. Like Lebron james fans mending all the Cleveland jerseys they burnt. Lara is a runner and Mayweather is a power walker.

Comment

Working...
                      X