No announcement yet.

Was Rewatching Rd 10 Of Maidana vs May to See Maidana Counter Mays Pull Counter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
    Imagine if he doubled up on that right I think Mayweather would have went down his chin was wide up in the air ready to get tagged by anything maidana threw.

but you know "if all the rain drops were lemon drops and gumdrops what a rain it would be"
    I hear you but he might've lost some pop on his punches if he tried to do that. I really like what he did in that gif and I think it's something they were clearly working on in camp in preparation for that Mayweather pull counter (they pretty much negated that punch throughout the fight and they had a counter for it) and will likely tweak whatever it is they did for the rematch.

About 30 seconds before Antonio Tarver KO'ed Roy Jones, he just missed with a snapping, hard left. The shot may have missed but it was so close that from that moment, you just knew it was inevitable. Maidana may not be able to do that but this clip shows that after years of opponents trying various tactics, and with age catching up, the keys to be beating Floyd are there for the taking.

Comment

haven't seen the fight in a good while but he won 8 or 9 and the 12th with no arguements.. Madonna actually won that fight 7-5 but whats the point of debating he could lose all 12 rounds in a fight and still get the W who would derail a Money train no one actually gives a f ukk about fraud jr only the dead presidents he generates

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        There is no way in hell Maidana was close to winning the 10th rd; the 8th rd is the only rd I would consider giving him after the 5th.
        I need to relook at that round again but

after the 5th round, you can consider the 8, 11, 12 rounds ...... there was at least one judge who did give them to Maidana .....

Last edited by ADP02; 07-09-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

after the 5th round, you can consider the 8, 11, 12 rounds ...... there was at least one judge who did give them to Maidana .....

The 8th rd was the only round after i got home and re-watched and said ok I can see the 116-112 card instead 117-111 how I scored it there. the 8th could go either way the other rds was close but Floyd landed the better shots to eek them out ala the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            I hear you but he might've lost some pop on his punches if he tried to do that. I really like what he did in that gif and I think it's something they were clearly working on in camp in preparation for that Mayweather pull counter (they pretty much negated that punch throughout the fight and they had a counter for it) and will likely tweak whatever it is they did for the rematch.

About 30 seconds before Antonio Tarver KO'ed Roy Jones, he just missed with a snapping, hard left. The shot may have missed but it was so close that from that moment, you just knew it was inevitable. Maidana may not be able to do that but this clip shows that after years of opponents trying various tactics, and with age catching up, the keys to be beating Floyd are there for the taking.
            They studied Castillo's success better than anyone, I have to give them that. You can see it based on how Maidana was able to keep Mayweather cornered, the way he stuck his arm in to stop Mayweather from escaping. Robert ordered him to do that, soon as I caught that I initially thought Castillo. That should work for Maidana again, he had success but besting Mayweather in those instances is where the problems lies. Very true on the bold, it's after Maidana started slowing down that Mayweather had success with it.

I'm sure Mayweather studies tapes religiously and if I'm right, I expect the left hook to be his main weapon, this time he should be able to hurt Maidana with it.
            Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 07-09-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Maidana didn't win neither of the last two rounds, after the body attack he sustained in the 10th he didn't have much of anything left, this is why he resorted to spoiling to kill Mayweather's offense which actually worked, still it wasn't enough. That's pretty clear to see.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                The 8th rd was the only round after i got home and re-watched and said ok I can see the 116-112 card instead 117-111 how I scored it there. the 8th could go either way the other rds was close but Floyd landed the better shots to eek them out ala the Cotto fight.
                Maidana did better than your score. Even Showtime commentators thought so as they agreed that the 114-114 score was the most realistic of the 3 judges. If my memory is correct, they criticized the other 2 judges scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  They studied Castillo's success better than anyone, I have to give them that. You can see it based on how Maidana was able to keep Mayweather cornered, the way he stuck his arm in to stop Mayweather from escaping. Robert ordered him to do that, soon as I caught that I initially thought Castillo. That should work for Maidana again, he had success but besting Mayweather in those instances is where the problems lies. Very true on the bold, it's after Maidana started slowing down that Mayweather had success with it.

I'm sure Mayweather studies tapes religiously and if I'm right, I expect the left hook to be his main weapon, this time he should be able to hurt Maidana with it.
                  The left hook used to be Mayweather's money shot but he's gotten away from it in recent years. A lot of that has to do with the slowing of his reflexes. The quick way he turned that punch over in the past was exquisite. I like that shot against Maidana as well and I think he can set Chino up for that but he's going to have to eat a lot of leather and not get hurt. Could be asking too much of a 38yr old, aging fighter who was barely given recovery time for one his most grueling fights ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    Maidana didn't win neither of the last two rounds, after the body attack he sustained in the 10th he didn't have much of anything left, this is why he resorted to spoiling to kill Mayweather's offense which actually worked, still it wasn't enough. That's pretty clear to see.
                    .... but you also said that this fight was not even close but it was!

Maidana did better than you think or are saying. That is why there is a rematch!

Even Showtime commentators thought so as they agreed that the 114-114 score was the most realistic of the 3 judges. If my memory is correct, they criticized the other 2 judges scores.

I can see one of these 3 scores: 7-5, 6-6, 5-7. Even though I thought Maidana did enough in the first half of the fight to win this one ..... mind you, I only saw the full fight once live and the first 5 rounds twice . I will need to rewatch it again and see if I think differently .....

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      The left hook used to be Mayweather's money shot but he's gotten away from it in recent years. A lot of that has to do with the slowing of his reflexes. The quick way he turned that punch over in the past was exquisite. I like that shot against Maidana as well and I think he can set Chino up for that but he's going to have to eat a lot of leather and not get hurt. Could be asking too much of a 38yr old, aging fighter who was barely given recovery time for one his most grueling fights ever.
                      Last time it looked it's best was against Hatton, hasn't looked that good since. Mayweather caught Maidana with it cleanly in the 4th round about 4-5 times, I was surprised Maidana wasn't stunned by it. That's gotta be his key punch, Maidana doesn't square up at all to the straight right or I should say didn't, he knows how to minimize Mayweather's straight so Mayweather needs to find the left hook if he wants to do serious damage.
                      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 07-09-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X