No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao vs. Algieri in Serious Talks For 11/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    Why are people saying this is a worse match up than Danny vs salka? Nothing is worse than Danny vs salka.

But tbh pac doesn't have a lot of great options right now. Only possible opponents for pac are abregu and algieri.
    Nonsense..this fight is inexcusable....hell fight Cotto again, he's not with Haymon

Comment

• And to think... Arum is the same disingenuous pos who said that Mayweather v. Maidana was a joke...

This will be the first Pacquiao PPV fight that I do not order... I now stream every PPV until I get the fights that I want.. I'm sure people will start to follow suit...

Pacquiao has a couple years left...and this joke of a fight is the type of fight he's getting signed up for?... smh... #deathofboxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
        Provo is more of a knockout threat... But the reality is he took a loss against Algieri. So a Provo-PAC fight wouldn't be feasible. And of course, they share Roach as their trainer.

Algieri beat Provo... so he was given priority.
        Provo has been asking to fight Manny even before he fought Algeri. 90% of the posters on this site can't name Algeri's last 2 opponents before Ruslan. There's no way to clean this up. This is BS!

Comment

• Well, if this were not a PPV it would be less of a joke fight. Algieri is a tall, long, boxer. Qualities supposed to give Pacquiao fits.

Let's just say this is like a Floyd vs. Trout, whereas Floyd wouldn't dare be in the ring with a Trout, Manny will actually fight his Trout.

Comment

• Everyone is jumping the gun here, especially the Floyd fans who scream how much they hate Pac but always seem to comment on every article about him. I doubt Algieri is the #1 option that HBO has in mind, but if it does end up being him then the kid is 20-0 and just beat a guy that took Tim Bradley to hell and back and destroyed Mike Alvarado who I recall a bunch of you saying Pac was ducking back when he beat Rios. Algieri isn't a big name, but theirs no denying he is a skilled fighter... And btw Algieri would destroy Ron Salba.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Luis Abregu would've been a more worthy opponent for the WBO Welterweight Champion than Chris Algeri. It wouldn't be a big PPV draw, but at least Abregu is WBC Silver Champ, and he only has one loss to Bradley. Besides Abregu is signed with TR. How can you justify saying no to Abregu, then go down in weight and pick a guy who is NOT with TR. Arum sucks!
              I forgot about Abregu. But let's be honest, Algieri and Abregu are comparable in that they are not widely known. If it was Abregu, the same people would have a problem with the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                There really isn't anyone else for Pac to fight at this point honestly. If Floyd won't fight him in May, he might as well retire.

I'd rather him retire now if this is all he is going to give us. the fight is s*** and him and his entire team should be flogged unmercilessly for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Danny's the #1 rated LWW in the world, fighting a dude rated at 77. SEVENTY-SEVEN.

Pac's the #2 rated WW in the world fighting (possibly anyway) the #7 rated LWW in the world.

Again I hate this fight as much as anyone, it's absolutely awful and should not be on PPV at all, but anybody comparing Danny/Salka to this is a f**king tard.
                  ... if only for that little bit about Garcia/Salka being a fight on regular Showtime, biding time for Peterson to finally get that Mathhysse wipeout out of people's minds, setting up a unification fight for the end of the year, while Pacquiao/Algieri is going to be a PPV fight that Top Rank is likely to try to charge $60 for, for seemingly no other reason than the fact that Arum doesn't want to share the bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                    Well, if this were not a PPV it would be less of a joke fight. Algieri is a tall, long, boxer. Qualities supposed to give Pacquiao fits.

Let's just say this is like a Floyd vs. Trout, whereas Floyd wouldn't dare be in the ring with a Trout, Manny will actually fight his Trout.
                    Trout was in a heavier weight class, and loss to Canelo before Floyd beat Canelo! Don't compare Manny's opponents with Floyd's. This is just trash, simple and plain. If Floyd had chose Danny Garcia over Maidana, then you could make a comparison...but he didn't!

Comment

• People who keep saying Pac no options...stop acting like Floydiots do with Floyd... stop defending Pacquiao on every issue...

Pac doesn't care.. I'm sure he still gets his $20 mil guarantee and that's fine..but don't give Arum a pass. The reason no one will do business with Arum is because he wants 100% promotional control on every fight with Pacquiao... nobody is going to do that anymore with their fighters unless they are the Algieris of the world in which case the promoter/manager has no choice but to give up complete rights to the fight and just take a check...

After this fight, what's next Abregu? Provo or Alvarado after one of them picks up a cheap win? Arum is number 1 on the list of why boxing is a marginal sport... yes, he's even above Al Haymon...

I'm very disappointed with Pacquiao and Koncz. Koncz is the worst and most untrustworthy advisor in the history of boxing as we know... should just have been left with the job of cleaning Pacquiao's swimming pool...
                      Last edited by Snake4380; 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X