No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
    It's not about confidence but being smart. Kovalev can box but Hopkins is miles above him in the smarts and boxing department. When Kovalev gets tagged he try to answer back right away and he isn't that quick, so he reaches. Hopkins love to counter punch so I see Kov giving him ample amount of opportunities.
    You understand nothing from the Russian killer's boxing style.
    ... You may fantasize as much as you want about a fight that is not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Man... well...
      I was wrong about Bhop not wanting to fight Kovalev, very wrong.
      HUGE BALLS for accepting this fight.
      He didn't accept the fight.

He's saying the same stuff he said a year ago- the fight never happened- and he continues to get credit for allegedly accepting and wanting to fight Kovalev.

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        He didn't accept the fight.

He's saying the same stuff he said a year ago- the fight never happened- and he continues to get credit for allegedly accepting and wanting to fight Kovalev.

Lol
        IBF said it was mandatory, Is he going to drop his belts to avoid this clash?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          IBF said it was mandatory, Is he going to drop his belts to avoid this clash?
          Huh? Can you repeat that

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
            Kovalev should ask for extra testing just for the sake of seeing Bernard's reaction

Comment

Hilarious all these people voting against Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
                Hilarious all these people voting against Hopkins.
                Hard to believe people are writing off a legend like B-Hop who has proven himself countless times.

Comment

Hopkins will win this fight before the bell is ring. Kovalev is too hot headed and Hopkins will be ball deep in his head by the first pressed. I expect him to get thoroughly outboxes and outclassed, maybe even knocked out or at least down a few times by the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
                    Hopkins will win this fight before the bell is ring. Kovalev is too hot headed and Hopkins will be ball deep in his head by the first pressed. I expect him to get thoroughly outboxes and outclassed, maybe even knocked out or at least down a few times by the end of the fight.
                    Hopkins can get in anyone's head, Kovalev is dangerous but if he can't ko Hopkins he's in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Hard to believe people are writing off a legend like B-Hop who has proven himself countless times.
                      yes he has, he's a top 20, top 30 ATG but let's be honest, how many times has he beaten a legitimately good fighter in recent years? Pascal, Tarver...who else? He lost to Taylor, he lost to Dawson.

Shumenov, Murat (horrendous refereeing), RJJ...these weren't exactly world beaters.

His longevity is the greatest in the history of this sport, no one touches him on that but he has rarely faced anyone with the power of Kovalev and at age 49, he will get hurt. I reckon Stevenson will beat him too...I'm not sure which of these fights, if either, ever happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X