No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    yes he has, he's a top 20, top 30 ATG but let's be honest, how many times has he beaten a legitimately good fighter in recent years? Pascal, Tarver...who else? He lost to Taylor, he lost to Dawson.

Shumenov, Murat (horrendous refereeing), RJJ...these weren't exactly world beaters.

His longevity is the greatest in the history of this sport, no one touches him on that but he has rarely faced anyone with the power of Kovalev and at age 49, he will get hurt. I reckon Stevenson will beat him too...I'm not sure which of these fights, if either, ever happens.
    Murat is a solid W on any resume.

Comment

Hopkins ends the hype train.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
        Hopkins ends the hype train.
        Does Hopkins end the hype train? Just how? Aaaa, he just called for the Russian... Well, and?... I know: one year from now you will remind me that it was B-Hop who called out the Russian, doe... And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Does Hopkins end the hype train? Just how? Aaaa, he just called for the Russian... Well, and?... I know: one year from now you will remind me that it was B-Hop who called out the Russian, doe... And so on.
            the fight won't happen at all, at least thats what i think, hopkins is almost 50, i can't imagine him in the ring against a killer like KOvalev, i really don't. but he will keep talking and people will say it was the krusher who ducked him

Comment

I have B-hop by ugly decision. I hate to say it but I can't bet against the style matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                the fight won't happen at all, at least thats what i think, hopkins is almost 50, i can't imagine him in the ring against a killer like KOvalev, i really don't. but he will keep talking and people will say it was the krusher who ducked him
                Kovalev has no choice but to face B - Hop now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  How much will these stones weigh?
                  Here in the UK we use our large pool of over under-utilised and over-skilled human resources to cut large rocks into blocks weighing exactly 14lbs - which we describe as 'stones'.

Prior to each boxing match we require fighters to climb onto one side of a pair of (very large) archaic balance scales. According to BBBoC stipulations these 'stones' are then piled on to the other side of the balance until the fighter is gently lifted into the air.

Of course - it sometimes requires that smaller rocks are used to ensure that the fighter is not hoisted too precipitously - and out finest craftsmen are utilised to cut rocks of smaller size to the exact weight in pounds and ounces.

I hope this answer satisfied your curiousity.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-03-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

If I'm Kovalev I immediately end my fight with my Salka and make this fight happen ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Murat, Shumenov, and Cloud all blow. Mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                      X