No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    I'm tired of saying this, but Kovalev has underrated foot speed.

I believe Cleverly said Kovalev has great timing.
    what does foot speed have to do with timing other than foot movement putting you in the right positions

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
      what does foot speed have to do with timing other than foot movement putting you in the right positions
      I'm not saying the two are related, I'm just replying to the people who think Kovalev is nothing but a crude slugger.

Comment

• Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
        Hopkins' kryptonite is volume/speed.

Jones, Jr.-speed.

Taylor-Speed.

Calzaghe-volume/speed.

Dawson- speed.

Kovalev will be banking on his power. I cannot emphasize that enough.

-Gone furthest is 8 rounds.

-7 of last 10 fights have ended in 3 or less.

Kovalev will drown in deep waters against a legend. Hopkins is going to do it again.

Some of you here were definitely not around when Pavlik or Tito went up against him.
        Well I didn't say I was picking Kovalev. I was just pointing out that he's lost numerous big fights In his career.

For the record I lean on Hopkins in this fight, but it won't be as easy as the likes of Cloud or Pavlik.

This is the first time Hopkins will be fighting a full fledged LHW with this kind of pressure and power so it will be interesting.

And I've been watching Boxing long before Hopkins was even a professional so yes I saw those fights.

Comment

Hopkins is so classy that he refused to do media interviews when he attended the boxing hall of fame weekend to pay respects to the inductees calzaghe, Tito And Oscar who he fought . He didn't want the attention taken away from the inductees.
          Hopkins is a class act.

Comment

• Did kovalev get dropped in the amateurs?

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Hopkins is a class act.
              yea a class act says i will never lose to a white boy

Comment

• Am I the only one that feels Kovalev was slowing down and tiring before the Cleverly victory?

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinHenry007 View Post
                  Am I the only one that feels Kovalev was slowing down and tiring before the Cleverly victory?
                  Yea, you probably were.

Comment

Did kovalev get dropped in the amateurs?
                    I think someone has posted a video of him getting dropped in the AMs. Pretty sure it was a Kovalev video.

I think this is the clip, very short and not even a front shot.
                    So who knows, but body language is all we got.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                      I think someone has posted a video of him getting dropped in the AMs. Pretty sure it was a Kovalev video.

I think this is the clip, very short and not even a front shot.
                      So who knows, but body language is all we got.
                      That looks like kovalev the way he is moving

Hopkins that fought shumenov beats kovalev

If Hopkins has aged in terms of reflexes, speed , he will lose a decision

Comment

Working...
                      X