Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know hindsight is 20-20. That's a gift and a curse. Looking back through 20-20 this fight meant ****. Kovalev was a favorite and he did what he had to do.

The fight we should have seen last night was Kovalev-Stevenson. Of course, this is hindsight.

Comment

• Do you guys think Kovalev is a HOFer right now? He has dominant a decision win over a top 10 ATG, he has unified 3 LHW belts, and he is 3-0 with 3 KOs vs. undefeated fighters in his championship reign.

Comment

• Is it too late to drop the 'alien' act and bring this back?

Comment

• Is Ward gonna go out and avenge Hopkins like Mayweather did for Broner

Comment

• I watched it live last night with the British commentators, and now I'm watching the replay on HBO with the American crew. Man it's such a difference, more enjoyable hearing those familiar voices in Jim Lampley and Roy Jones, although Kellerman kinda annoys me.

Comment

• I felt so bad for Hopkins in the last round, but he showed a lot of heart to survive that and damn he's got one hell of a chin. Hopkins has nothing to be ashamed of.

Kovalev impressed me a lot. He proved he's a lot of more than a power puncher, I already knew that before but he showed a lot of impressive details. His feints were great, paced himself well, executed a gameplan and pretty much stuck to it the entire fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                He's on twitter today talking about a Kovalev fight.

https://twitter.com/jeanpascalchamp
                IMO, I don't see him turning down his mando shot... if anything, he'll chase it as a back up plan if he loses to Stevenson

Comment

• Hopkins' heart and chin are unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Do you guys think Kovalev is a HOFer right now? He has dominant a decision win over a top 10 ATG, he has unified 3 LHW belts, and he is 3-0 with 3 KOs vs. undefeated fighters in his championship reign.
                    I think he needs to beat more top 10 opponents.

Campillo
                    Cleverly
                    Hopkins

that's just a start really, imo he needs 5-6, maybe more names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Do you guys think Kovalev is a HOFer right now? He has dominant a decision win over a top 10 ATG, he has unified 3 LHW belts, and he is 3-0 with 3 KOs vs. undefeated fighters in his championship reign.
                      No where close and Hopkins is far from a Top 10 ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X