Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Maidana II POST FIGHT DISCUSSION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is contradictory and a little crazy.

Floyd, I think, feels condescending towards the Blood and Guts Warriors. AND he's a little jealous of the Blood and Guts warriors (beloved to boxing fans-Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao, Roberto Duran, Micky Ward). Two of the fighters Floyd has said he has thought were great, years ago now, were Manny and Kosta Tszyu- two guys that have had totally different styles and careers than Floyd. Maidana is like Manny and Kosta. He lets it all out in the ring. He puts real fear in the eyes of his opponents(Josesito Lopez, Soto Karass, AB, Floyd all had looks on their respective faces like they had just been tossed out of an airplane and were watching the ground hurtle towards them when they faced Marcos. Not constantly, but at little moments in those fights). Maidana has been in multiple Fight of the Year bouts just like Kosta and Manny. Floyd has never been in a 'classic' till this year.

I think half of him thinks he 'dominated' Maidana like he said a couple days after the fight. And the other half of him wishes he WAS Maidana. And even that feeling has only flashed across his mind for a second- he loved the fight-IMO. Maidana getting the rematch, or even talk of it, means he wants to be associated with him, he likes Marcos' sense of humor, he likes being across the ring with a real fighter.

Guerrero, Canelo, Mosley, Marquez, Ortiz, De La Hoya were all nothing personalities(no disrespect to Oscar, a Hall of Famer and probably fought more prime, great fighters than anybody). When Floyd says to Marcos, '..... and next time, don't hit me in the d*ck so much..' and the whole media room cracks up, what other fighter was he able to have a moment like that with? That's about as close as he going to get to something like Sugar Ray Leonard blowing kisses to Duran and Duran giving him the middle finger and the whole world loving every second of it.

No Floyd opponent ever said so perfectly, something like, 'Me vale madre ese guey[I don't give a f*** about this guy]) If you watch the video of that moment even Robert Garcia starts laughing nervously like a fight is about to break out. I am positive that Floyd loved that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Collins View Post
      I think Mayweather will win more comfortably this time as he will have adapted to Maidana. And Maidana won't have Alex Ariza this time around.
      It will be a war.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Are you being serious right now or sarcastic?
        I was being serious. He looked a lot less sharp in the ring, and I don't think it was down to his mental state. His reflexes have waned and his timing seemed to be off; against other opposition ( Your Canelo's and Guerrero), I don't think it would be an issue as they allowed him to control the pace, but Maidana forced the issue.

I don't feel Mayweather will have any more success in the return bout, but I do feel Maidana will be more composed, composed enough to clip him good.

Could be horribly off the mark, but that's my gut feeling.

Comment

• are they fighting in new york?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            are they fighting in new york?
            Yes, they will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              I was being serious. He looked a lot less sharp in the ring, and I don't think it was down to his mental state. His reflexes have waned and his timing seemed to be off; against other opposition ( Your Canelo's and Guerrero), I don't think it would be an issue as they allowed him to control the pace, but Maidana forced the issue.

I don't feel Mayweather will have any more success in the return bout, but I do feel Maidana will be more composed, composed enough to clip him good.

Could be horribly off the mark, but that's my gut feeling.
              Oh ok. I was just wondering. You have a valid point.

Comment

Oh ok. I was just wondering. You have a valid point.

Floyd will do the booty dew!

Comment

Come on man. He chose to fight that way vs Canelo. He didn't choose vs Maidana. The guy who preaches about health took a beating for the fans? Cut the bs.
                  Exactly. Anybody who actually believes that is a Floyd fan who is forcing themselves to believe that, just to make themselves feel better at night about his performance.

If anybody really buys into the fact that a fighter would willingly allow a fight to be closer or sit on the ropes and let a guy with one of the highest KO percentages in the sport hammer away at you just to please the fans...is a f**king idiot. Point blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Exactly. Anybody who actually believes that is a Floyd fan who is forcing themselves to believe that, just to make themselves feel better at night about his performance.

If anybody really buys into the fact that a fighter would willingly allow a fight to be closer or sit on the ropes and let a guy with one of the highest KO percentages in the sport hammer away at you just to please the fans...is a f**king idiot. Point blank.
                    Seen posters who I respect share that opinion as well, I never have. The least I can admit is that Maidana is good enough to where Mayweather can't have his way as far as spacing goes. I expect to see somewhat of a replica with Mayweather making the counter left hook his main weapon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post

"for the fans" lol

Mayweather would of been better of saying he was doing the rope-a-dope, it would of made him sound smarter.

Comment

Working...
                      X