Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Cuban AMATURE background doesn't transcend well to the PROS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
    It was entertaining. Yes.

and you don't think that gamboa had a chance to win?

Comment

The number of world champions that system has produced, especially over the past few years puts that myth to bed.

And its not just Cubans. Plenty of fighters from other countries have a tough time transitioning from the amateurs to pros. Especially with that points system that was in place. It's just that there are less Cubans that turn pro.

Comment

What are you on about? The Cubans are running riot in the pros.

Hernandez, Abril, Lara, Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Barthelemy, Dorticos, Mike Perez - Not bad considering they only have about 50 fighter active fighters in the pros.
        That isn't even taking into account many top prospects they have up and coming and many more about to turn pro.

If you think their pedigree counts for nothing then you're very much mistaken.

1 elite fighter losses to another elite fighter = Their amateur system doesn't cross over.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          What are you on about? The Cubans are running riot in the pros.

Hernandez, Abril, Lara, Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Barthelemy, Dorticos, Mike Perez - Not bad considering they only have about 50 fighter active fighters in the pros.
          That isn't even taking into account many top prospects they have up and coming and many more about to turn pro.

If you think their pedigree counts for nothing then you're very much mistaken.

1 elite fighter losses to another elite fighter = Their amateur system doesn't cross over.
          Feel bad for Richar Abril, his career took a hit after they robbed him of the Brandon Rios win.

Comment

got to love when fighters are underfeated .. they finally lose against another great fighter and people like " you see exposed" etc .... i guess everyone with couple losses are all horrible bums smh .... btw if cuba allowed every great boxer to come usa to fight .... you see cubans all in the top 10 in many divisions .... defecting from cuba is the problem .. handful come some are really good some are solid .. but imagine if 100% could go pro
            Last edited by jov6388; 06-29-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
              Four round fighters. No endurance. Smh. Even when you win you're kissing the canvas (Rigondeaux vs Donaire.)

Tell me I'm wrong
              Lol get ready for a wave of red k and hate posts

Comment

You are incredibly ******edly wrong Gamboa is a twice over world champion if thats not transcending idk what is. Actually pretty sure this will turn into a you're wrong thread. Let's not forget theres only about 70 Cuban pros in the world tops that's a huge numbers disadvantage yet there are multiple Cuban Champions and contenders all over boxing if you make the math that should be a ****** crazy impossible anomaly. Unless there's something special about those who make it.

Comment

can we talk about how much of a gamboa fan i am after last night?

Comment

Nah. Gamboa and perez are legit entertainers. They don't backpedal like the rest of them. Even though I always hate on cuban fighters, I always enjoyed watching Gaboa.

Comment

"amature"

Comment

Working...
                      X