Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Cuban AMATURE background doesn't transcend well to the PROS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Cuban AMATURE background doesn't transcend well to the PROS!

Four round fighters. No endurance. Smh. Even when you win you're kissing the canvas (Rigondeaux vs Donaire.)

Tell me I'm wrong

you're wrong

Comment

Even when you win you're kissing the canvas (Lara vs Angulo)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
        Four round fighters. No endurance. Smh. Even when you win you're kissing the canvas (Rigondeaux vs Donaire.)

Tell me I'm wrong
        You are wrong. They don't care if they bore the fans. They care about one thing and it is the one thing they were taught the moment they trained and stepped in a boxing ring. The thing they were taught is one goal. To Win.

Comment

I disagree.
          I just think that the reason they do so well is because the Cuban "amateurs" are really pros going up against the worlds real amateurs. It's like America calling the dream team, Americas basketball amateurs.

Comment

I find it rather impressive when a fighter "kisses" the canvass yet rises above adversity and summons his inner strength to win the fight, mate. The Cuban School of Boxing is much more than training and learning the game, it gives the fighters character and confidence in themselves, something most boxers are currently lacking.

Comment

At least these real Cubans are facing tough opposition.. Donaire, Canelo, and Crawford all fought by Cuban AM stars..

Then there's that punkass Peter "i got my GED doe" Quillin

Comment

i don't think that's true at all.

gamboa is already past his physical peak. you guys get that, right? he was in his prime as an amateur.

his prime was at 126 and 130. if he had moved out of the amatuers at 18 or 20 years old, he'd have transitioned just fine.

it's not that the styles don't transition. it's that these guys get to teh states having fought much of their primes as amateurs.

while most guys turn pro young, and learn a pro style young, these guys stay amateurs into their adult lives.

i also want to add that rigondeaux is one of the two best fighters on the planet. it's between him and andre ward. floyd looked old against maidana. very old.

does rigondeaux's style hold him abck as a pro? no. he WHOOPED donaire, a top p4p fighter. it's just not going to sell tickets.

Comment

pro boxing is about entertainment and winning.

did gamboa not have a chance to win last night?
                  and were you not entertained?

holy crap is that guy fun to watch when he's in deep.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    pro boxing is about entertainment and winning.

did gamboa not have a chance to win last night?
                    and were you not entertained?

holy crap is that guy fun to watch when he's in deep.
                    It was entertaining. Yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X