Showtime and Floyd Rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    No no no Dunn.

Mak is spot on, mention Floyd fighting Manny and you FloydTroopers get your balls in a twist.
    But that's really not what's happening here. Sure, there's a few guys that do that, but for the most part, people just want a respectable source. Pacquiao fans are the EXACT same way. Floyd fans aren't allowed to cite FightHype as a source, but Pacquiao fans can cite a random internet forum poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Why even give Floyd another chance? He had 2 fights that did less than 900k buys and one that did 1.8 million. Thats 33% of doing over 1 million buys

Pacquiao is 100% doing over 1 million buys on SHO
      Ummmmm that's an average of 1.2 million buys in 3 fights. Sounds like good numbers to me.

Comment

No no no Dunn.

Mak is spot on, mention Floyd fighting Manny and you FloydTroopers get your balls in a twist.
        Problem with that is anyone who's a Floyd fan you label them. Regardless if they're a fan of the sport first, you haters typically lump everyone together.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Why even give Floyd another chance? He had 2 fights that did less than 900k buys and one that did 1.8 million. Thats 33% of doing over 1 million buys

Pacquiao is 100% doing over 1 million buys on SHO
          Checkhooks...you seriously make yourself look stupid and seem like you own a large collection of tinfoil hats. Youre just making up false numbers like May-Canelo only doing 1.8 Mill (but, but Rick Glazer said it doe...).

SHO officially announced that May-Canelo did around 2.4 Mill. And SHO (like HBO) would face huge legal repercussion if they were caught forging PPV numbers.

That is why TR PPV sales are NEVER announced by HBO. They are not willing to lie like Arum, who makes a living lying.

SHO/HBO=owned by publicly traded companies. They would be prosecuted for making up PPV numbers (unlike promoters).

Study this post.
          Last edited by Hook-Right; 06-21-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            But that's really not what's happening here. Sure, there's a few guys that do that, but for the most part, people just want a respectable source. Pacquiao fans are the EXACT same way. Floyd fans aren't allowed to cite FightHype as a source, but Pacquiao fans can cite a random internet forum poster?
            I don't see any credible source that TS posted, this is mere speculation on the original matter, but I do feel Mak has a valid point.

The general consensus on NSB is when you mention to a Floyd fan the Pacquiao fight, it seems they aren't willing to see it.

Comment

It's a known fact that Floyd and his fans doesn't want to fight Pacquiao.

If you ask me the reason, I really don’t know why?

Comment

I don't see any credible source that TS posted, this is mere speculation on the original matter, but I do feel Mak has a valid point.

The general consensus on NSB is when you mention to a Floyd fan the Pacquiao fight, it seems they aren't willing to see it.
                Fair enough.

I'm not on here enough anymore, to really pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  They did the same with tyson. In each case Hbo thought tyson and floyds Days of making money were over. They were wrong both times. They didn't want to pay mike and floyd what they wanted. I think Hbo and showtime are both satisfied with their decisions.
                  Except Floyd has drawn under 1 million twice, with the only fight that made money was with Canelo. They need at least 1 million to pay Floyd his guarantee, he is insanely overpaid which is great for him but not for the people paying his checks. I love how apparently Floyd is the only guy looking to make as much money as possible and HBO, Top Rank and Golden Boy are all non-profit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    They did the same with tyson. In each case Hbo thought tyson and floyds Days of making money were over. They were wrong both times. They didn't want to pay mike and floyd what they wanted. I think Hbo and showtime are both satisfied with their decisions.
                    Wrong both times? It's a known fact that showtime lost millions and millions on the tyson deal.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X