Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime and Floyd Rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose its possible. And despite the network issue, I think this fight is big enough where HBO and SHOWTIME can make this work. They made Tyson-Lewis, they can make this.

Comment

How do you "forced him to revise his contract"? I need to learn how to do that to people

Comment

Can't people and mods abide by the MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD rule? This "rumor" will produce about twenty more 100 page threads about the same topic with the same ******s screaming the same rubbish.

There is a Pac-Floyd master thread. The whole point of that thread was to eliminate the abundance of these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
          Wow nowadays 800k etc is a "flop" for a PPV...ridiculous. How many PPV fights have ever even beaten 1 milli buys? Surely a very low %...how many mega fights have failed to reach that target? Yet Floyd is expected to hit that minimum?

As said by someone else earlier Showtime will also benefit in the long run by being associated with Floyd as his name gives their boxing brand more credibility amongst casuals and as we have seen on this board people become loyal to random brands if the athlete/celeb they know/love are attached to it.

Marketing and appearances are key to making money in this world - hence all Apple iProducts are seen as so amazing by people because they are pretty and well marketed, etc (not that some of their products aren't actually of good quality but you get the point)
          I appreciate your business perspective but in this case, your logic is flawed. First of all, the basic principles of any contracts that involve a significant sum of money is to include performance clauses so as to cover both parties. Floyd's contract can't be any different. It is also predicated on him hitting certain performance targets in order to make the maximum amount allowable per fight and for showtime to cover its operating expenses. Even without knowing the details, speculations in the boxing industry points to the fact that Floyd has to hit 1 mil ppv and when you look at Floyd's guarantee, it isn't inconceivable that he has to do just that for Showtime to make money. So when it comes to Floyd and Manny's guarantees, logic goes out of the window and economics take precedent.

Secondly, the only way Showtime benefits from Floyd at this point is if Floyd consistently hits his contract's performance target. Your analogy with Apple doesn't apply because Floyd isn't that kind of a brand that can be marketed to the general masses compared to someone like Ali who actually channeled a cause outside boxing. Outside of boxing fans, Floyd isn't marketable because his strategy only works with people that follow and understand boxing. His TMT brand is just an urban bravado that only registers with the urban boxing community. You don't see them in any clothing store to the point where it could become a brand that registers with people ala. Sean John, Fubu etc. And his reputation outside of boxing isn't that great either hence the reason why you barely see him with any endorsements. Showtime's boxing brand doesn't need any credibility, it had that already. It is more of a move to compete and once again become more relevant than HBO than to gain credibility. Remember it promoted the biggest fights in boxing for years, Holyfield-Tyson, Tyson-Lewis etc..

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            LOL. Did you just cite some dudes screen name as your source?
            Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
            My dick is huge.

Source: Maballs87

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            This rumor is total bullsh.t! It is based on the ridiculous notion that Showtime is losing money on Mayweather fights because they are paying him $200 to $300 million (the number seems to change every month) for six fights. I have said it a thousand times and will say it again: No one knows how much Showtime is paying Mayweather because the number was never release, but I would bet everything that I own that they are not paying him $200 to $300 million for six fights.

Showtime can't force Mayweather to do anything and there is no way a Pacquaio fight is going to take place because Arum will not allow Pacquaio to appear on Showtime. I don't believe Showtime has lost a dime on Mayweather and this rumor is just like all the other bs spread by haters on a weekly basis.

Gullible boxing fans will believe anything. I am sure there still some haters out there who still think that WWE owner, Jim McMahon paid Mayweather $20 million to appear in a boxing match at WrestleMania.
            absolutely agree.

Floyd's whole persona is to be this uber millionaire money may persona. Im quite certain his alleged showtime payday is another typical floyd lie much like his 20 million for one nights work vs the big show.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
              Not sure if this is true but supposedly there's a rumor about Showtime and Floyd that if Floyd does not produce good numbers this September, then Showtime will either:

1. force him to fight manny or
              2. revise his contract

lol imagine,

Showtime: "fight manny or you don't get paid"
              Floyd: "peace, I threw my belt away already when he was my mandatory, why I need money fo"

source: FRANKGWJ
              Someone on NSB just made that rumor up. And now people are running with it? Mayweather-Canelo brought in more money than any PPV in history. Floyd just has a close, exciting fight. I doubt Showtime is worried, even though many here have "crunched the numbers" (not having any internal info).
              Last edited by Hook-Right; 06-21-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust Cohle View Post
                What's there to revise in the contract? He could retire now. The contract is UP TO six fights.
                True Showtime manager whatever his name is said Floyd could walk away now if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
                  While I highly doubt this and your "source", i wish it was true.

But Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Mayweathers deal with Showtime is more then a PPV profit. Mayweather is essentially providing an endorsement deal for Showtime television. They are benefiting far more then simple PPV profits.
                  BWHAHAHA!!!! They've made no profits and are still second in subscribers to HBO, the mission is a complete failure. Top Rank, HBO and Golden Boy all told Floyd to **** off but apparently he is the boss right?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                    Floyd's whole persona is to be this uber millionaire money may persona. Im quite certain his alleged showtime payday is another typical floyd lie much like his 20 million for one nights work vs the big show.
                    No one knows what Floyd is making but we know his gurantee has been about 35 million for each fight. That's 200 million for 6 fights so the rumors aren't really off are they? Also... HBO told their BIGGEST draw to go somewhere else, that should be proof enough that there was no way to make money off Floyd. No way you let your biggest draw go if someone else was going to make money off of the deal, HBO knew it wasn't going to happen and ZERO is still more than losing money.

Comment

It's soooo funny how the mere mention of Floyd being forced to fight Manny makes Flod f@gs angry and defensive

Comment

Working...
                      X