No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Foolish Pick Opens Door To Super Fight Possibilities

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
    Excuses,excuses,excuses, iam done with you, you are prt of the fans iam talking about!!! All talk before the fight all excuses after the fight!! Take care though.
    It's strange too that not more people on here picked Cotto. I picked him and I don't even like Cotto. But if you watched his fights from Floyd til now, it is easy to notice that his offense has been improving vastly. If you look at Sergio, all he fights are bums and doesn't even dominate them.

Looking at Cottos latest opponents against Sergios, Cotto wins hands down. Plus the fact that the only boxer with a weaker chin than Sergio is JMM, Cotto easily wins. I don't know why this is such a shock to people. People need to give Cotto his credit and let's make Cotto/Canelo!

Comment

looks like we could get welterweights holding the middleweight title hostage

Comment

Every martinez fan was proven a fool and though they are too prideful to admit they were wrong, they come up with excuses to stay face!!! The fans like myself who rode with cotto up until the fight look like geniuses are still not given any credit becuz all the crap they talked before the fight like cotto is gonna get murdered blah blah blah are now saying "oh his knee thiz his knee that, he was old" blah blah blah!! Man up martinez fans, this is the internet it aint serious you cant cash that green k, none of that!! B real thats it!! Hate it or luv it i really dont care!!!
        can't believe i was so wrong!
        acculades to cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by NoMoTomatoCans View Post
          the only boxer with a weaker chin than Sergio is JMM
          How did you come to that ridiculous conclusion?

Comment

Stronger? Yes, he's bigger.
            Faster? We all know the smaller man is almost always faster. No idea why the author would think this was a given.
            More accomplished? WTF? I don't get this. Why is Sergio Martinez (before Saturday) regarded by so many as more accomplished? Who the eff has he beaten or been in with? Cotto's resume is a who's who of the best stars over 3 divisions. Martinez's best victories are against a pothead, an alcoholic, and an overrated volume puncher with no defense. Martinez had such a threadbare resume it is tough to believe that anybody rated him P4P ever; his spectacular KO of PW was the driving force behind that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
              How did you come to that ridiculous conclusion?
              It was a joke, I was trying to prove a point. But just for fun I looked it up. Going back 9 fights each, takes us to Sergio vs Cintron and JMM vs Floyd. They each have been KD 4/9 fights. So it's not such a ridiculous claim after all. Of course now Sergio has been down now 7/10 fights, so I guess JMM does have a better chin lol.

But the point is Sergio's chin has always been suspect and so more people should have picked Cotto based not on his string of recent losses but his actual performance in those losses which I thought were pretty good.

I think he would give Canelo a run for his money. He would lose but it would be a close entertaining brawl.

Comment

Every martinez fan was proven a fool and though they are too prideful to admit they were wrong, they come up with excuses to stay face!!! The fans like myself who rode with cotto up until the fight look like geniuses are still not given any credit becuz all the crap they talked before the fight like cotto is gonna get murdered blah blah blah are now saying "oh his knee thiz his knee that, he was old" blah blah blah!! Man up martinez fans, this is the internet it aint serious you cant cash that green k, none of that!! B real thats it!! Hate it or luv it i really dont care!!!
                That is a bunch of horse ****. cotto was brutally beaten knocked down and stopped by a pumped up feather weight Pac Man. cotto could not even hurt Pac man who was laughing at cotto when he punched him . you are going to tell me Martinez was not totally shot to get hurt so easily by a cotto who could not hurt a pumped up featherweight. the only way your prediction turned out right is Martinez could not take a punch or barely stand on his knees

Comment

Originally posted by NoMoTomatoCans View Post
                  Sergio's chin has always been suspect
                  We can agree to disagree.
                  I don't really think Sergio (or JMM) has a "suspect chin", but it obviously is not made of granite either. If you fight big punchers, then you're bound to get put down now and then, but guys with suspect chins are the ones who don't get back up. Sergio and JMM have both been far too successful at the highest level to say they have suspect chins. Yes, Sergio was stopped by Margarito, but that loss may need an asterisk next to it. In my mind Margarito's whole resume is tainted now. I thought something was up as far back as 2004 when he demolished previously undefeated Herc Kyvelos, visibly hurting him with every single thudding punch. And as far as Marquez goes, he could not have gone the distance 3 times against Pacquiao if he had a suspect chin. And that was when Pacquiao was considered one of the most fearsome punchers in the game. But If you really believe either Sergio or JMM have suspect chins then it only makes their career accomplishments that much more amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                    That is a bunch of horse ****. cotto was brutally beaten knocked down and stopped by a pumped up feather weight Pac Man. cotto could not even hurt Pac man who was laughing at cotto when he punched him . you are going to tell me Martinez was not totally shot to get hurt so easily by a cotto who could not hurt a pumped up featherweight. the only way your prediction turned out right is Martinez could not take a punch or barely stand on his knees
                    Manny already said Cotto was the hardest puncher he has ever fought. Freddy Roach also Said PAC "acting" (key word "acting") as if those punches didn't hurt was part of the game plan because Cotto would loose confidence if he thought his punches weren't hurting the opponent. Not to mention that every fighter Cotto has fought (except for Margaritto) has pretty much said the same thing, including Mayweather. Some have even compared his punching power to heavyweights. Please try again.

Comment

Sergio Martinez Update

Sergio Martinez Update

According to Team Maravilla’s Nathan Lewkowicz, former WBC middleweight world champion Sergio Martinez had no hand or knee issues in Saturday night’s fight against Miguel Cotto. “He felt dizzy after the shot to the head in round one and didn’t recover. The only injury was a broken nose.” - *********

Comment

Working...
                      X