Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Cotto we saw tonight will **** GGG up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    nobody here who picked Martinez thought his legs would give out in the first round and his foot would be turned sideways for the next 9 rounds

there's a reason martinez was only a 2:1 favorite and not a 5 or 6:1 favorite, his knees were a huge concern
    Except he got beat in every facet of the game. I knew the knees would be the go to discrediting of a stellar performance. That's why I covered my tracks about it five threads ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      I know how hard Stevens punches. It's the fact that he could land so clean on GGG (and Ouma), that I think Cotto COULD hit him with something clean, and change the fight from there.

I'm just saying. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he pulled off the upset. Not at all.
      My point is that he could hit GGG with whatever he wanted, it wouldn't make any difference, Golovkin being too strong. Personally, I would be extremely shocked, just my pov.

Comment

So Cotto beating a shot 40 year old Sergio coming back from 2 broken knees a broken elbow and a broken hand, at a catchweight of 159, makes you think that he can beat Golovkin who is a real undefeated middleweight champion in his prime?

Bum a$$ Martin Murray nearly KTFO'ed old Sergio and knocked him down twice, Cotto did slightly better than Murray against an older Sergio. He has no chance against Golovkin.

Some fools actually believe that Cotto deserves to be the lineal middleweight champion of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Nation's Fist View Post
          So Cotto beating a shot 40 year old Sergio coming back from 2 broken knees a broken elbow and a broken hand, at a catchweight of 159, makes you think that he can beat Golovkin who is a real undefeated middleweight champion in his prime?

Bum a$$ Martin Murray nearly KTFO'ed old Sergio and knocked him down twice, Cotto did slightly better than Murray against an older Sergio. He has no chance against Golovkin.

Some fools actually believe that Cotto deserves to be the lineal middleweight champion of the world.
          Ease up, Murray's arguably undefeated.

Comment

Keep it up and I am going to have Klitscho drag your hero out from under his bed and beat the braids off his trisexual ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              My point is that he could hit GGG with whatever he wanted, it wouldn't make any difference, Golovkin being too strong. Personally, I would be extremely shocked, just my pov.
              I don't even want to say agree to disagree, because I too think GGG would beat the soul out of Cotto. Just saying. GGG was in a war with Ouma (yeah he's iron chinned as all hell), but he's hittable in a very bad way.

Just saying. It just takes the right type of puncher to test a guy like GGG.

Again, I think GGG would retire him for good.

Comment

Who is this GGG guy that you speak of? Who are some of his impressive victories over for you to speak so highly of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  How I see it as well.

It's not a mark against Cotto.

But I think Golovkin chops Cotto down.

Comment

Golovkin would probably send Cotto into retirement. Cotto has a shot maybe with Canelo, but GGG is a different beast. Beating an old Martinez doesn't automatically make Cotto capable of beating Golovkin. Let's not entertain such foolishness.

Comment

I appreciate the replies but it sounds like the sand song you guys were singing prior to the Martinez fight. "He doesn't stand a chance!"

Comment

Working...
                      X