Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Beats Down Martinez, Makes History at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny story though....several ppl saying Citron, P Will, or Pavlik would destroy Cotto. I'm not really sure where this comes from....none of those guys could "box." Not one of them could "box" like Cotto on his laziest of days. Where is the justification for this?

Comment

• Motherf#cker.....when the fight was first announced, I didn't have a pick because I like both fighters...then as time went on, I thought Martinez would steamroll Cotto...but ***** was I ever soooo wrong....cong**** to Cotto, the new champ.....anybody know where I could get a good plate of crow?.....

Comment

• Originally posted by skillz321 View Post
        Funny story though....several ppl saying Citron, P Will, or Pavlik would destroy Cotto. I'm not really sure where this comes from....none of those guys could "box." Not one of them could "box" like Cotto on his laziest of days. Where is the justification for this?
        Yeah how do they fix their minds up to say such bs, Cintron?, Pavlik?, these people dont pay attention to the actual art of Boxing, and what it takes, and Cotto has what it takes to beat any of them out there. He beat Mosley when Mosley was still a stud. Hell mosley could beat those guys. After Cotto becomes the FIRST pr to be a 4 division champion (which should say alot) by beating and I mean BEATING the Lineal champ. He's taken on all challengers, you would figure people would like a champion like him but People wanna talk him down. Its a shame. Let me make them even madder HAIL KING COTTO. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
          Motherf#cker.....when the fight was first announced, I didn't have a pick because I like both fighters...then as time went on, I thought Martinez would steamroll Cotto...but ***** was I ever soooo wrong....cong**** to Cotto, the new champ.....anybody know where I could get a good plate of crow?.....
          Ill have to share that plate with you cause I thought Martinez would take it, but **** happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
            Yeah how do they fix their minds up to say such bs, Cintron?, Pavlik?, these people dont pay attention to the actual art of Boxing, and what it takes, and Cotto has what it takes to beat any of them out there. He beat Mosley when Mosley was still a stud. Hell mosley could beat those guys. After Cotto becomes the FIRST pr to be a 4 division champion (which should say alot) by beating and I mean BEATING the Lineal champ. He's taken on all challengers, you would figure people would like a champion like him but People wanna talk him down. Its a shame. Let me make them even madder HAIL KING COTTO. LOL
            I agree, except, Mosley "could have" beat those guys, not anymore, lol....and yes, no excuses....BEAT Martinez

Comment

Ill have to share that plate with you cause I thought Martinez would take it, but **** happens.
              I got the charcoals hot.....medium rare?

Comment

That is what happened.....there will be a **** ton of ppl saying knee, age, and diminished skills....but those are the same ppl that said they wouldn't use that as an excuse but still did. It was a shut out. Not close. No matter the condition, it was a straight beatdown. Believe that
                There will be a ton of people saying the knee and age didn't have any impact on the fight, but how many of those people can credibly speak about engaging in competitive athletic activity? I would venture a guess that the vast majority of keyboard warriors here would struggle to run let alone walk a 5K tomorrow if their life depended on it, but they sure seem to know a lot about the human body.

Sergio Martinez is almost 40 years old. He has had two right knee surgeries, and a surgery on his ankle. For many athletes, a single knee surgery is effectively a career-ender. Sergio's comments about his second surgery indicate that the extent of the injuries to his knee were very serious (he wasn't just dealing with a partially torn meniscus). If he wasn't a champion, I suspect those around him would have more firmly suggested that he consider retirement. Instead, he chose to push his body to its breaking point.

Bottom line: it's not an excuse to say that Martinez's injuries and age (which are related) caught up with him last night. That's a reality most fighters eventually face. Martinez lost to a great champion who deserves credit regardless of the circumstances under which he won, but that doesn't mean that you can pretend the circumstances were different than they actually were.

Comment

I got the charcoals hot.....medium rare?
                  I was terribly wrong, and as a man...rare please. lol

Comment

I agree, except, Mosley "could have" beat those guys, not anymore, lol....and yes, no excuses....BEAT Martinez
                    j

Nope not anymore!

Comment

Because Cotto had just been outboxed by Austin Trout and appeared to be on the downslide. Cotto looked like he was 22 out there last night, not 33. That Cotto I would favor against almost any fighter....that was the best Cotto performance I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X