Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto-Martinez Weight Results From MSG (LIVE UPDATES)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
    no he didnt
    Originally posted by Czarczar View Post
    To the majority of professional boxers and commentators he won more than one.
    Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Marquez only notable win was against pacquiao... It took him four fights to win also. Your point is? I mentioned that because I think sergio doesnt have a good chin.
    Why do you guys think there were 4 fights then? They didn't have 4 fights because Pacquaio clearly beat Marquez each time.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      Cotto is not Pacquiao

Margarito is not Martinez
      Well duh foo.....it just means the biggest guy doesn't always win!! Use your head next time!

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        Marquez gets dropped a lot, too. You gonna tell me he's not greater?
        Youre gonna listen to the guy who said Martinez didnt beat Cintron convincingly? Even though he was supposed to win by Ko? And that P Will was going to fight Quintana but had an accident even though he was going to fight Canelo? The only thing you have to ask yourself about resumes is can Cotto beat every fighter Martinez beat and vice versa?

People are questioning Martinez' chin when hes getting hit by huge middles with him being a small middle? Really? I'm impressed dude hasnt been knocked clean the f uck out yet to be honest lol. Cotto's got a shaky chin himself, let's not forget as well as infamously fading late. Cotto seems to be in better shape physically in terms of injuries/age etc and it's possible thats plays a huge difference especially with Martinez coming off a big layoff.

We have to realize that the way Martinez fights, if his legs/reflexes are even a little rusty or his legs arent as fast as he thinks (hed see a punch coming for example and thinks his legs are still fast enough to avoid it but theyre not and he gets clipped on the tip of the chin) he's in big trouble. Cotto might get a lot of flack for cowering in his toughest moments but he's VERY smart, VERY patient and methodical with great timing so long as he can impose his will. If Cotto isnt able to impose his will and lets Martinez break him down, he's getting a brutal beating.

It all rides on Martinez health. If we're being honest and were to name the three worst matchups in his ranges theyd be (a healthy) Sergio, Pacquiao, and at the time Paul Williams (big chin, power at 147, and freakish dimensions with a zombie Margarito gas tank from southpaw? Jesus....)

Martinez though, like Roy...once that athleticism falls even a bit and with that chin thats been cracked by bigger men for years...cotto can do it. Itll be interesting to see if Cotto comes out super agressive and tries to make Martinez use his legs a lot...

My only worry for Cotto is what's he going to do when he catches up to Sergio? Sergio is vicious and WILL fight and as all his opponents have found...making hik fight is usually a bad idea..

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Pac was also 10x better than Margarito.

In this case, the bigger fighter is also the better fighter. Knee problems are the only way Miguel has a chance here.
          I'd say Martinez and Cotto are comparable quality, P4P. But this isn't a P4P fantasy match-up, is it? Sergio is significantly bigger. I was thinking that maybe his knee and age issues might be too much to overcome. After this weigh-in, those questions have been rendered nearly moot. I'm thinking "Maravilla" by late TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Youre gonna listen to the guy who said Martinez didnt beat Cintron convincingly? Even though he was supposed to win by Ko? And that P Will was going to fight Quintana but had an accident even though he was going to fight Canelo? The only thing you have to ask yourself about resumes is can Cotto beat every fighter Martinez beat and vice versa?

People are questioning Martinez' chin when hes getting hit by huge middles with him being a small middle? Really? I'm impressed dude hasnt been knocked clean the f uck out yet to be honest lol. Cotto's got a shaky chin himself, let's not forget as well as infamously fading late. Cotto seems to be in better shape physically in terms of injuries/age etc and it's possible thats plays a huge difference especially with Martinez coming off a big layoff.

We have to realize that the way Martinez fights, if his legs/reflexes are even a little rusty or his legs arent as fast as he thinks (hed see a punch coming for example and thinks his legs are still fast enough to avoid it but theyre not and he gets clipped on the tip of the chin) he's in big trouble. Cotto might get a lot of flack for cowering in his toughest moments but he's VERY smart, VERY patient and methodical with great timing so long as he can impose his will. If Cotto isnt able to impose his will and lets Martinez break him down, he's getting a brutal beating.

It all rides on Martinez health. If we're being honest and were to name the three worst matchups in his ranges theyd be (a healthy) Sergio, Pacquiao, and at the time Paul Williams (big chin, power at 147, and freakish dimensions with a zombie Margarito gas tank from southpaw? Jesus....)

Martinez though, like Roy...once that athleticism falls even a bit and with that chin thats been cracked by bigger men for years...cotto can do it. Itll be interesting to see if Cotto comes out super agressive and tries to make Martinez use his legs a lot...

My only worry for Cotto is what's he going to do when he catches up to Sergio? Sergio is vicious and WILL fight and as all his opponents have found...making hik fight is usually a bad idea..
            Hi dumbass... didn't beat cintron convincingly... flash knockdowns happen... cintron is ass, if martinez was great as ya say he would have destroyed him and gave no shot for the judges to score it a draw. P williams was planning on rematching sergio again, not quintana. smh... Paul williams big chin??? Power???? Beating an old winky wright does not help bro. Lets look at paul "the hype" williams fight record... http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...0755&cat=boxer

You have got to be kidding me... Hes was a good boxer... not great He only fought two undefeated fighters. One being Lara, which lara got robbed in that fight and another being some other joker by the name of walter matthysse and luis hernandez... Notable wins... Winky wright

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              I'd say Martinez and Cotto are comparable quality, P4P. But this isn't a P4P fantasy match-up, is it? Sergio is significantly bigger. I was thinking that maybe his knee and age issues might be too much to overcome. After this weigh-in, those questions have been rendered nearly moot. I'm thinking "Maravilla" by late TKO.

As am I.

However, if his knee is alright, mid-round TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                Hi dumbass... didn't beat cintron convincingly... flash knockdowns happen... cintron is ass, if martinez was great as ya say he would have destroyed him and gave no shot for the judges to score it a draw. P williams was planning on rematching sergio again, not quintana. smh... Paul williams big chin??? Power???? Beating an old winky wright does not help bro. Lets look at paul "the hype" williams fight record... http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...0755&cat=boxer

You have got to be kidding me... Hes was a good boxer... not great He only fought two undefeated fighters. One being Lara, which lara got robbed in that fight and another being some other joker by the name of walter matthysse and luis hernandez... Notable wins... Winky wright
                Wow you are a moron

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                  Wow you are a moron
                  "wow you are a moron." I guess thats the only intellegent thing you have to say about boxing. Idiot. Go home you are drunk.

Comment

Working...
                  X