No announcement yet.

Enzo Calzaghe: "Carl Froch Nothing Special + Virgil Hunter Unprofessional"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
    Calzaghe's style also looks like something you would see in a bar, A gay bar!
    In the interview Enzo claims have pioneered the "punches in bunches" style 25 years ago! Bold claims..

Comment

I'm a big fan of Froch and his last win against has cemented him as the best British super middleweight ever. Better than Eubank and Benn and way better than Calzaghe. Froch is the king of kings when it comes to British fighters and there aren't many that I know that I can call all-time greats but Froch is one of them. He may not always look pretty but he gets the job done and his come from behind wins have been spectacular.

Comment

...Calls Virgil Hunter overrated and unprofessional because he stands outside the ring giving instructions to Khan when he should be in the ring so that the fighter doesn't have to turn his head to an awkward angle just to look at him. I agree with that, I've always thought Hunter causes unnecessary confusion and discomfort in-between rounds because he stands outside the ring. In the Collazo fight I remember he was yelling at Khan to "look at me" when the cutman was trying to work on the other side of his face, so Khan had to turn away from the cutman's ideal angle just to look at Hunter. But other than that Hunter seems to be helping Khan improve, it's just his actions during the actual fight need to benefit the fighter more than himself. Simply positioning himself inside the ring, in the conventional manner, will correct that.

That's so true. A cut man needs to do work without a fighter turning etc...

Khan is also dumb so keep it simple ffs

Comment

Enzo is correct.

He said Froch shouldn't keep his hands down like that.

He also said Froch is very tough which has kept him in fights.

True. Froch has been hit so hard many times. If he had a weak chin, he would be KTFO many times.

Comment

Enzo Calzaghe is a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by PureRussia View Post
              That's so true. A cut man needs to do work without a fighter turning etc...

Khan is also dumb so keep it simple ffs
              Khan's not really dumb, he was an Olympic silver medalist at 17 years old, then later got a Sports Science degree, became a world champion boxer and is now a multi-millionaire. A lot of people aren't clever enough to achieve any one of those things in their entire lifetime so to achieve them all is something pretty extraordinary - relatively speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                Khan's not really dumb, he was an Olympic silver medalist at 17 years old, then later got a Sports Science degree, became a world champion boxer and is now a multi-millionaire. A lot of people aren't clever enough to achieve any one of those things in their entire lifetime so to achieve them all is something pretty extraordinary - relatively speaking.
                a sports science degree isn't a degree that would usually be considered a smart one. a degree is the ability to do the work, it doesn't make you smart.

he wona medal at the olympics, using his physical gifts, not his intteligence imo.

being a millionaire is a great thing in many ways, but he didn't do it alone. he has a team that has built him up through his boxing.

i may be wrong of course, but from what you said, i persoanlly don't think it's an argument to say he is clever

Comment

Hunter's SMW has already eclipsed Calzaghe by the quality of bouts he has had, so it makes sense for him to trash Hunter.

These guys probably wank off to Froch's resume. When Froch was calling out Calzaghe, he was just an another contender and they could care less, but now Froch has basically become a superstar and created a legacy far better than Joe's and these guys are having a hard time swallowing that pill.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
                    Come on then sunshine YOU AND YOUR fackin son! Let's do this, Newbridge red undies only and no slapping
                    You'll probably get a text at the last minute "I'm pulling out of the fight".

Comment

Originally posted by PureRussia View Post
                      a sports science degree isn't a degree that would usually be considered a smart one. a degree is the ability to do the work, it doesn't make you smart.

he wona medal at the olympics, using his physical gifts, not his intteligence imo.

being a millionaire is a great thing in many ways, but he didn't do it alone. he has a team that has built him up through his boxing.

i may be wrong of course, but from what you said, i persoanlly don't think it's an argument to say he is clever
                      No where in life you do anything on your own. There is always someone backing you or helped you along the way without, which you couldn't have done it. (Virgil Hunter voice).

Comment

Working...
                      X