Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Margarito: "Cotto & Martinez are my sons"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Margarito had put plaster in his gloves he'd have gone to jail, if the plaster didn't break his hands first.

Comment

• Originally posted by microMXL View Post
      wtf are you guys talking about, Cotto himself said it to the tv azteca reporters after the second fight.

I think it was Aguilar who asked him:
      "Congratulations Miguel, you fought an awesome fight, how did you feel Margarito's power in comparation with your first fight"

Cotto: "His punches FELT THE SAME, he is a strong puncher"
      There is also a video out there where his uncle was interviewed and he said he saw nothing wrong with his hands. He was there when they were getting wrapped.

All it was is that Cotto fought with the wrong game plan. That's it!

Comment

• I'm far from being a Margarito fan but it's truly unfortunate to hear him like this.... The man feel in love with his ability to take a punch and his long career of it is showing. Sad but good to hear that it seems not to hold any grudge or bitterness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          There is also a video out there where his uncle was interviewed and he said he saw nothing wrong with his hands. He was there when they were getting wrapped.

All it was is that Cotto fought with the wrong game plan. That's it!
          Cotto fought too aggressively, far too aggressively. He hit Margarito with every shot in the book and couldn't stop him. In the second fight he kept changing his rhythm, circling and changing direction, and planting his head on Tony's chest on the inside to stop him throwing uppercuts. Way smarter strategy thanks to Pedro Diaz. Margarito was shot too which didn't hurt.

Comment

• Not to start more of a conflict with idiots but his trainer was banned for life? Am I wrong? And Margarito had to beg to get another fight .. To me when the trainer at hand gets Suspended for Life the fighter being questioned looks just as guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
              I'm far from being a Margarito fan but it's truly unfortunate to hear him like this.... The man feel in love with his ability to take a punch and his long career of it is showing. Sad but good to hear that it seems not to hold any grudge or bitterness.
              What are you talking about he doesnt sound punch drunk or anything, he has braces on now so he has a slight lisp. But he was clear minded and his conversation flowed with no problem no signs of being punch drunks.

Comment

• Margarito's a cheat.

Sergio took the fight on 2 weeks notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                  Not to start more of a conflict with idiots but his trainer was banned for life? Am I wrong? And Margarito had to beg to get another fight .. To me when the trainer at hand gets Suspended for Life the fighter being questioned looks just as guilty.
                  Because of the infallible nature of boxing commissions?

The 'investigation' carried out by the commission was ridiculous. A technical breach of the rules (gauze pads over the knuckles) was turned into something completely different through wild speculation.

Two important points to bear in mind:

(1). No plaster of paris was ever found
                  (2). If there was plaster of paris it would have broken Margarito's hands

Comment

• No, no, no I quit please don't hurt me

Comment

• according to the most recent fight, you are cotto's son margarito, and martinez would son you too. you sound foolish right here

Comment

Working...
                      X