No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Gives His Thoughts on Schaefer's Departure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Gives His Thoughts on Schaefer's Departure

The resignation of former Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer made news headlines earlier this week as the man responsible for most of the companies day to day operations is now gone. A wedge was driven between Schaefer and President Oscar De La Hoya when Oscar made it his goal to start co promoting fights with Top Rank again after years of feuding.

The move proved to be costly as Schaefer chose to exit and it has created a lot of uncertainty for one of the biggest promotional companies in the sport.

The main question now is how many of the fighters that have currently fought under the Golden Boy banner actually have existing contracts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo should be fine with GBP. IF he beats Lara, he can go after the winner of Cotto vs. Martinez, and then GGG, and last but not least Chavez Jr.

Comment

Hes the one guy I expect to stick by Oscar no matter what'

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Canelo should be fine with GBP. IF he beats Lara, he can go after the winner of Cotto vs. Martinez, and then GGG, and last but not least Chavez Jr.
        If canelo fights Martinez /cotto winner and then GGG he would be on a real roll win or lose I'd love him for that. I hope he fights chavez jr, that would be a real mexican war. Its pretty ironic that one of the guys who oscar manages and isnt involved with haymon Schaefer is the guy fighting real fights.

Comment

Canelo's key if he gets GBP on HBO.

Comment

Canelo

Canelo is worth 10 of the other fighters in GBP's stable.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              Hes the one guy I expect to stick by Oscar no matter what'
              This ^^^^^

I hope Schaefer contracts syphilis and his nose and **** fall off.

And Al falls under a car.
              Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 06-05-2014, 02:24 PM. Reason: Al and Schaefer suck a$$

Comment

Canelo is the key piece of GBP's stable. He's a top 3/4/5 draw in the sport.

Comment

IMO Canelo was the only fighter GBP couldn't afford to lose and they didn't.

Comment

Canelo right now:

Comment

Working...
                    X