Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Gives His Thoughts on Schaefer's Departure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar knows that continuing to place all of their chips into Shomtime/Floyd/Haymon's stable is not a good long term plan and GBP's success in the future comes from Alvarez and making big fights vs guys like Cotto, Martinez, Chavez, Froch, etc...GBP doesn't really need Floyd and give him waaay too much leverage at this point in his career

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
      Oscar knows that continuing to place all of their chips into Shomtime/Floyd/Haymon's stable is not a good long term plan and GBP's success in the future comes from Alvarez and making big fights vs guys like Cotto, Martinez, Chavez, Froch, etc...GBP doesn't really need Floyd and give him waaay too much leverage at this point in his career
      Plus Floyd's unreliable...he may wind up behind bars again.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        Canelo right now:

Ain't that the truth. The kid is already a Multi-millionaire and there is plenty more money fights out there for him.

Comment

Originally posted by shoog View Post
          If canelo fights Martinez /cotto winner and then GGG he would be on a real roll win or lose I'd love him for that. I hope he fights chavez jr, that would be a real mexican war. Its pretty ironic that one of the guys who oscar manages and isnt involved with haymon Schaefer is the guy fighting real fights.
          Right. That commendable on Canelo's behalf. F***k tune-up fights, just keep head-hunting.

Comment

Oscar better hope like hell this guy does not lose to Lara. Who is another fighter thats managed by haymon

Comment

before this whole richard schaefer crap i was kind of hoping lara would win but now #gbp all the way. #team canelo

Comment

Win, lose, or draw against Lara, Canelo will be fine. The main reason he has gotten so much attention recently is because he has proven that he wants to fight the best. He didn't have to fight Lara but he is. He didn't even have to Fight trout but he did. Respect is earned and its really hard to take away just because you lost against a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by rotorglow View Post
                  Win, lose, or draw against Lara, Canelo will be fine. The main reason he has gotten so much attention recently is because he has proven that he wants to fight the best. He didn't have to fight Lara but he is. He didn't even have to Fight trout but he did. Respect is earned and its really hard to take away just because you lost against a good fighter.
                  What do you mean he didn't have to fight those guys? Who else was he supposed to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
                    before this whole richard schaefer crap i was kind of hoping lara would win but now #gbp all the way. #team canelo
                    To be honest i feel the same way now, Ive always criticized Canelo's opposition but Canelo winning is better for the sport. We need another big draw and Canelo might be the man.

I still think Lara is favored but i'm hoping Canelo can prove me wrong and be legit.

Comment

What I mean is that Golden Boy and especially Oscar did not want Canelo fighting these guys. They wanted to continue to pick his fights and continue to build on his name before putting him against tougher fighters. It was Canelo who requested and demanded to fight Trout against Golden Boy, Oscar even Richard S. please to fight someone easier and less riskier. He also could have ducked Lara for now but instead chose Lara now. All I'm saying is he is fighting the guys people want to see him fight, he has not ducked anyone so far and that is why he has become one of the most popular guys at Golden Boy and has also gained a lot of respect from fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X