No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Gives His Thoughts on Schaefer's Departure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Canelo should be fine with GBP. IF he beats Lara, he can go after the winner of Cotto vs. Martinez, and then GGG, and last but not least Chavez Jr.
    Chavez Jr. fights at 168 lbs. It's not going to happen. I can see Canelo going to 160 lbs. but that's as far as he should go.

Comment

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
      IMO Canelo was the only fighter GBP couldn't afford to lose and they didn't.
      actually they couldnt afford to lose any of them. and if haymon takes all his fighters to another company, gbp will become a carcas getting picked over by top rank. oscar should know better than to trust arum. arum never forgave oscar for leaving top rank and then for starting a promotional company that took a huge chunk out of his company. arum still hates oscar but the old political hobbit will play like all is forgiven. then when oscar least expects it, arum will launch a blitz assault to decimate and put an end to gbp.

Comment

Originally posted by rotorglow View Post
        What I mean is that Golden Boy and especially Oscar did not want Canelo fighting these guys. They wanted to continue to pick his fights and continue to build on his name before putting him against tougher fighters. It was Canelo who requested and demanded to fight Trout against Golden Boy, Oscar even Richard S. please to fight someone easier and less riskier. He also could have ducked Lara for now but instead chose Lara now. All I'm saying is he is fighting the guys people want to see him fight, he has not ducked anyone so far and that is why he has become one of the most popular guys at Golden Boy and has also gained a lot of respect from fans.
        i really get sick of post that say "he hasnt ducked anyone" that is factually not true. ring ****zine just got through saying his fight record is bleak(this was before the floyd fight) but the truth is, it should have been bleak!!! thats how you develope a fighter. you have him face lesser oposition to build up his skill set. thats why arum refused to put cotto in the ring with floyd when cotto was a fresh face. he knew floyds ring experence would allow him to ruin a young fighter. and canelo is not going to just fight A listers after lara. he will still at times fight a soup can here or there. this is part of the fight game.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Guys, don't forget - it was Schaefer who did not want Canelo to fight Trout! Schaefer was the one who unnecessarily overprotected Canelo and told him he didn't want Canelo stepping up yet. Canelo went to him and demanded the fight. It isn't the first time that Canelo did this. Kudos to Canelo for willingness to fight anyone! For that, he has my ultimate respect. For the longest time prior to Trout, Canelo was frustrated with Schaefer because he couldn't get the big names. So it was never Canelo's fault for the guys he wanted to fight. He even wanted, as most of us know, Kirkland and Williams and we know what happened in those two cases.
          tbh, i really dont remember canelo asking for the kirkland fight. i recall kirkland asking for canelo. which he didnt get. also lara has been clamoring for a canelo fight for some time. so i dont get why dudes are posting like canelo sought out a fight with lara. the truth is lara called canelo some choice names and kind of did a clubber lang on canelo and canelos pride wouldnt let him let the things lara said go. so give lara the props for this fight. he has bveen after it for some time.

Comment

Team Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
              tbh, i really dont remember canelo asking for the kirkland fight. i recall kirkland asking for canelo. which he didnt get. also lara has been clamoring for a canelo fight for some time. so i dont get why dudes are posting like canelo sought out a fight with lara. the truth is lara called canelo some choice names and kind of did a clubber lang on canelo and canelos pride wouldnt let him let the things lara said go. so give lara the props for this fight. he has bveen after it for some time.
              no Canelo ask for kirkland

Kirkland came up with an excuse about his shoulder.

then price himself out

then sued GBP

Comment

Good, get lost

I never liked his ****ly attitude, his annoying accent, and his love for Mayweather and Broner. GB made him rich, now thay can hire someone else. SCHAEFER, GET LOST !!

Comment

Lara can call anyone he wants, so?? Thaty doesnt mean canelo would not fight him. Lara is a sissy. Canelo called Cotto, so?? Margarito and Paquiao called Mayweather and what happenned??'

Comment

Clarify a few thing, yes Kirkland,Lara, Trout, Angulo, Marthyrosian, K9, Molina etc. etc. wanted the fight with Canelo, aver since he was 19, but the point is that none of this guys had a laverage or were in control of jack squat, soooooo if Canelo(and more blame should be on Schaefe and Oscar) said no there is nothing they can do, now Canelo did not have to accept any of those fights because he was/is making tons of money fighting lesser oponents, but he desided to fight Paul Williams....Motocycle accident, they call Kirkand who has been clear to fight three months previously by his doctor, he took the fight one day for 1.2Mill, just to reject that and ask for 2.2 mill three days later, GBP said thats too much money (Canelo made 3 mill) on that fight so no we can not affored to do that, so Kirkland chiken out and came out with the excuse of the shoulder injury....Than came Ortiz, and all know what happend there. Years later he fought Trout who a lot of haters here swore on their momas grave would ridicule andschool ginger, didn't happen.
                    than he fought Angulo who gave Lara the toughest fight of his career...fighting Lara now.....what the hell more do you haters want? nothing is going to be anough because yall haters are the epitome of lossers who are gonna hate on the success of others no matter what sad life!

Comment

It's not a matter of who is asking for who, it is a matter of wanting to fight the best and Canelo has been willing to fight all of them and already took on the #1 guy in Boxing. Yes, Canelo wanted to fight Kirkland and Williams and others. THEY were the ones who did not come through for various reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X