Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Golovkin First Choice For Chavez, Then Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum is a hypocrite here saying he won't negotiate with the rightful guy he should negotiate with..but then criticizes Mayweather for not negotiating with him...

Comment

When Chavez loses to both, will he say "I didn't train for the fight"?

Comment

Seems to me that Golovkin is first choice for Arum, while Froch is first choice for Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Doubt it, only if Martinez loses

Martinez/Cotto has to face Rubio next and I doubt he stays quite for long. He'll push for the title as he's already the interim champ.

So any possible fight isn't until next year... unless Martinez loses

Martinez could vacate the wbc and fight ggg. and it would be a lineal/wba title fight. but he will probably fight Rubio instead

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            Martinez could vacate the wbc and fight ggg. and it would be a lineal/wba title fight. but he will probably fight Rubio instead
            Possibility, but I don't see him passing up another chance to fight at home and have another payday

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Seems to me that Golovkin is first choice for Arum, while Froch is first choice for Chavez.
              Arum knows he would have no leverage over Froch...Triple G needs the fight more, would take less money, and in Arum's sick mind, he probably believes he has a chance to sign Triple G and would never in a million years be able to have control over Froch...

Froch is a superstar now...he doesn't need Chavez..that is more of a money fight than a legacy fight for Froch...

Froch can fight Kessler again and pack Wembley or M.E.N.
              Froch can fight Ward
              Froch can fight DeGale
              Froch could possibly fight Martinez if he beats Cotto..
              Froch could even move up and fight Kovalev
              Froch can even fight Triple G himself
              Froch is in no shortage of options...
              Last edited by Snake4380; 06-05-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I would think that JCC would want Froch more so that GGG. I'd rather see GGG face a middleweight title holder than JCC.

Comment

LOL @ the same old Arum picking opponents based what's best for him and not caring about making the biggest fights or working in the best interest of his fighters...

So much for Arum being the "promoter of the Mexican fighters" Cjhavez is dying to get out of that miserable contract...

After Pacquiao is done and Tim Bradley finishes out his contract...

Top Rank will be a second tier promotional company...

GBP will be the new company for Mexican/Latino fighters

And even though he's an egotistical scum himself...Schaefer if he starts his own outfit with a monopoly on Haymon fighters could become the head honcho promoter of all fighters...

Comment

How can Arum bypass Chavez's manager? We already know Arum's trying to get Chavez to sign an extension before he makes the GGG fight but, if they've already turned down the offer, how can he still be trying to talk to Sr. to ensure the deal anyway?

Comment

Yea, I don't get what trying to negotiate through his dad will do.....maybe because he thinks Chavez will listen to his dad.... other than that, dunno

Comment

Working...
                      X