Comments Thread For: Maidana Plans To Sit Back Until Mayweather's Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Does he actually say that?
    Yep, he said unless it's Mayweather he isn't interested in anyone else.

Then a guy asks him 'What about an Amir Khan rematch?' and he responds by saying, word for word "No no no, don't want, if it's not with him (Mayweather) I'm gonna relax...wait it out or look into another fight, a good one (Vibe I got is lucrative)".
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 05-26-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Does he actually say that?
      yes, he said that, really don't understand why , would be another big fight for him.

Comment

If not floyd in september... I would totally be down for maidana vs manny in november

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          i think he really mean it when he says he will retire if he doesn't get the rematch, he's been talking about this even before lopez, he said, he had 2 o 3 more fights in him, that's it
          Lots of wars, a new kid, and money in the bank. If Floyd goes sidways, I'd love to see the Khan re-match. If Khan goes flatways that would avenge his 'L', maintain his marketability, and he could grab a couple of big paydays to go out on.

I really don't blame him for only talking about Floyd right now because if he mentions any other name Floyd will say he doesn't seem that into it, and if he doesn't try to hold Floyd's feet to the fire Floyd's folks (at all levels) will make him 'unworthy' of a rematch. I had it 7-5 for Chino, and if I score a certain way I can get it 7-5 for Floyd, but I'm profoundly su****ious of anybody that compares it to the Cotto fight or who saw it 8-4. So Chino should do all he can do until the door closes, and everybody should remind Floyd well into retirement if he doesn't make this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            If not floyd in september... I would totally be down for maidana vs manny in november
            The only issue is, it makes too much sense and for that it's likely not gonna happen.

Comment

its gotta be maidana again, porter got a mando n i highly doubt they fight thurman when maidana prolly sells more

Comment

2 me, maidana is def deserving of a rematch but i would rather see something else.. i think he did his best possible fight, floyd already has figured him out.. theres no mystery now how the rematch would be.. just watch the last 6 rds of the first fight

Comment

Im sure all of chino's biggest supporters on nsb want the rematch and probly think he won, and i dont have a problem with the rematch because it was a close fight but in my eyes floyd took it 7-5, in the rematch i think he beats him more clearly. But if anyone desrves the money payday its chino!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    yes, he said that, really don't understand why , would be another big fight for him.
                    I can understand why he would hold out for another floyd fight considering how well he performed that night, but if floyd decides to go another route like the cotto-martinez winner ifits cotto, because i dont think he will fight martinez. Anyways theres plenty of big fights out there for maidana like - broner rematch,thurman, porter, khan rematch, pacquaio, marquez among other fighters that can be a big fight..i think this is just a ploy, 1.5 mill is his biggest payday and i dont thInk that is something he can retire off of,so i do think he will fight again, no doubt!!

Comment

I dont get why people want to see FLoyd vs Porter/Thurman at this point in their careers. They're too green and resume's are lacking. They're promising fighters, just dont think they're there yet.

Only options that make sense are Maidana and Khan. And we all know the situation with Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X